PDA

View Full Version : Just arrived in New Zealand

Tarzan
27th January 2005, 19:36
Following on from previous post, I am now in Auckland. Busy working, but looks like I have the long weekend off. Hope to arrange bike hire over the weekend, maybe rent for a couple of days, and head to Rotorua. Have to be back at work on Tuesday unfortunately, otherwise I would be heading straight off for a tour. Anyone know of a camping goods place in central Auckland? I need a tent and sleeping bag. If you are in the area and fancy a beer let me know.

Cheers! :2thumbsup

Two Smoker
27th January 2005, 19:41
Hey mate,

Welcome to NZ :niceone:

You want to try Katmandu... Also there is a ride this Sunday, would be good if you come along :niceone: see if you can get a bike by then... Its the Noobz ride, which is heading to Hamilton and is on the way to Rotorua.....

munter
27th January 2005, 19:42
Following on from previous post, I am now in Auckland. Busy working, but looks like I have the long weekend off. Hope to arrange bike hire over the weekend, maybe rent for a couple of days, and head to Rotorua. Have to be back at work on Tuesday unfortunately, otherwise I would be heading straight off for a tour. Anyone know of a camping goods place in central Auckland? I need a tent and sleeping bag. If you are in the area and fancy a beer let me know.

Cheers! :2thumbsup
Hey Tarzan,
Would always be keen for a beer, when you are in Wellington give us a shout. :D

Sparky Bills
27th January 2005, 19:47
Welcome!
Hope you like it here!

SPman
27th January 2005, 20:14
Try Khatmandhu - Victoria St down towards the Vic St Markets, or Doyles in Hobson st

Tarzan
27th January 2005, 21:53
Hey mate,

Welcome to NZ :niceone:

You want to try Katmandu... Also there is a ride this Sunday, would be good if you come along :niceone: see if you can get a bike by then... Its the Noobz ride, which is heading to Hamilton and is on the way to Rotorua.....Cheers mate, I will aim for it. :niceone:

Tarzan
27th January 2005, 22:02
Hey Tarzan,
Would always be keen for a beer, when you are in Wellington give us a shout. :D
Will do, hope to make it next week, but won't have internet access then. Once I leave the hotel in Auckland I will be out of touch.

crashe
31st January 2005, 10:58
Kia ora, welcome to New Zealand,

Safe riding out there, it may take a bit of getting used to the kiwi roads and motorways..... so til ya do please take it easy on the roads....

:banana: :2thumbsup :banana:

Tarzan
31st January 2005, 20:54
Kia ora, welcome to New Zealand,

Safe riding out there, it may take a bit of getting used to the kiwi roads and motorways..... so til ya do please take it easy on the roads....

:banana: :2thumbsup :banana:

Cheers mate,

Yes will do. I hope to pick a simple easy route out of Auckland and find some quieter roads for a bit. I have all my gear sorted, and have a Transalp booked from Thursday. Would have liked to make the noobs ride on sunday, it would have been a good opportunity to get some tips on the local roads etc. However work takes priority.

Being constructed largely from titanium below the knees I do tend to be a bit cautious these days!

:ride:

Waylander
31st January 2005, 21:38
Your bike comming with you mate or do you just plan on buying a new one? Would be good to get one more Virago rider round hear.:first:

Tarzan
1st February 2005, 20:48
This is just a short work visit, so my bike is still at home sitting out the worst of the weather and salted roads. Quite likely to spend more time in NZ for work from now on though so who knows what may happen :msn-wink:

I was hoping to get away on a rental bike before now, but work has thrown up more challenges than expected, so I am now sitting in Auckland waiting around for parts to arrive from the UK. Plans for getting out biking whilst here are not looking very good :(

But then waiting around in Auckland in early Feb is a ‘kin sight better than waiting around in England :D

pete376403
1st February 2005, 21:11
There are heaps of internet cafe places around, no reason to be out of touch.

Milky
1st February 2005, 22:08
...and have a Transalp booked from Thursday.

If you are still up here in Auckland on Thursday night, consider popping along to Mission Bay for the KB meet there. :wavey:

Tarzan
2nd February 2005, 19:03
If you are still up here in Auckland on Thursday night, consider popping along to Mission Bay for the KB meet there. :wavey:

I would have liked to, but as work is over running I have had to cancel the bike for now, so have no transport. I am still hoping to get mobile next week though.