PDA

View Full Version : Girth

Horse
30th September 2008, 22:17
So here's a trick question for the astute amongst you:

Q: Which is wider across it's widest point: a Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic, or a Kawasaki Concours 14?

A: The Harley.....

... as long as the Concours has its mirrors folded in. At their normal extension, the Concours is WIDER!

Poor Meanie. He should never have got the tape measure out. :)

cowboyz
30th September 2008, 22:54
I love that the mirrors were folded in. The confidence in all....................

Strang0r
1st October 2008, 06:28
haha yeah that was classic when it was pointed out that the mirrors were folded in when he measured!

Meanie
1st October 2008, 07:25
I was framed :angry2:
Anywho, the harley still looks bigger and ill bet it weighs more so that constitutes it to be bigger, and lets not forget that Monies bike is wider than all ours when it has the panniers on :sweatdrop

yod
1st October 2008, 08:19
scrabbling for excuses again mister meanie....

just give in and admit you ride a bus (quite well, it must be said)

KiwiKat
1st October 2008, 08:38

I missed something. Did someone say Meanies going to convert his concours bus into a motorhome?:chase:

NOMIS
1st October 2008, 08:43
what about one of the 7000cc bos hoss supercharged v8's???

Meanie
1st October 2008, 10:51

You cannot ride a bus, therefore the concours can never be compared to a bus. so there :bleh:

Horse
1st October 2008, 10:53
what about one of the 7000cc bos hoss supercharged v8's???

That would probably be bigger, but there wasn't one parked in Meanie's driveway last night for him to measure. :)

NZsarge
1st October 2008, 10:55
Anywho, the harley still looks bigger and ill bet it weighs more so that constitutes it to be bigger, and lets not forget that Monies bike is wider than all ours when it has the panniers on :sweatdrop

:doh: Wider than an Electra glide...ooohh noooo! Bummer dude! :rofl:

Strang0r
1st October 2008, 10:56
You cannot ride a bus, therefore the concours can never be compared to a bus. so there :bleh:

oh yes you can :P (http://www.break.com/index/crazy-kid-rides-top-of-school-bus.html)

Meanie
1st October 2008, 10:58
Doesnt count, no handle bars on that sucker

banditrider
1st October 2008, 16:53

Sic 'em!

Sounded perfectly legit to me.

:doh: Wider than an Electra glide...ooohh noooo! Bummer dude! :rofl:
At least they aren't converted compressors...or a yamaha!

Horse
1st October 2008, 17:04
Heh, I wondered how long it would take for the other Concours rider to arrive in this thread and face up to the harsh reality. :D

banditrider
1st October 2008, 17:34
Yeah remember that - we out number ya!

Dani-D
1st October 2008, 17:38
I sooo thought you were talking about something ENTIRELY different when I saw the title.... hmmmmm

cowboyz
1st October 2008, 17:59
mind and gutter - never the 2 shall seperate

ratusratus
1st October 2008, 18:38
wat would you rather be scene on???
YEP HARLEY DAVIDSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Punk:

Bonez
1st October 2008, 18:54
wat would you rather be scene on???
YEP HARLEY DAVIDSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Punk:Bout bloody time we had one turn up. Was beginning to think nobody local owned one ;)

Dani-D
1st October 2008, 18:56
mind and gutter - never the 2 shall seperate
Much to my mothers horror

BTW... Harleys are great in small numbers. They provide the perfect obstacles to buzz around and they can be used to recover any bikes that need to be pulled up banks etc.:lol:

cowboyz
1st October 2008, 19:12
my bike is still dirty. I thought you were coming over to clean it. You can do it friday afternoon before the first friday night ride if you like.

banditrider
1st October 2008, 19:50
Bout bloody time we had one turn up. Was beginning to think nobody local owned one ;)

Or would own up to it :bleh::msn-wink:

yod
1st October 2008, 21:52
and they can be used to recover any bikes that need to be pulled up banks etc.:lol:

...and carry them home if need be....