PDA

View Full Version : New kind of speed camera

Xile
2nd October 2008, 11:01
Just received an email from friends in France...
That's the new hidden speed cameras in France...they still follow you in the car but man, you can't see it!!!
Fucking Sarkozy!

rie
2nd October 2008, 11:02
you get bling for having spies in europe! :2thumbsup

portokiwi
2nd October 2008, 11:12
Sheet thats not good.......
Mind you they would be great for perving:lol:

AllanB
2nd October 2008, 11:16
Thats just not fair!!!!!

vifferman
2nd October 2008, 11:20
That's lovely, but I want to know, Young Ms Xile, is shouldn't your thingo say "Fabrique en Francais", rather than "Made in France"? [insert :spudwhat: emoticodweebicon here]

Xile
2nd October 2008, 12:11
That's lovely, but I want to know, Young Ms Xile, is shouldn't your thingo say "Fabrique en Francais", rather than "Made in France"? [insert :spudwhat: emoticodweebicon here]

'Fabriqué en France' is too french fro describing me now :P

Xile
2nd October 2008, 12:13
Sheet thats not good.......
Mind you they would be great for perving:lol:

Perving at what?? Nice bikes are too fast for a Citroen C3 hehe...

PirateJafa
2nd October 2008, 12:15
A spot of black spraypaint and no one'll ever noticed you pranged it y'honour.

slimjim
13th October 2008, 16:31
yea..on the xjr site in uk..they have got photos of speed cameras ..and some are fitted to horsefloat trailers..and guess they clock up the $ in fines too..as they too are parked in easy to see places... bloody nasty really....

rastuscat
23rd October 2008, 17:38
Funny, doesn't look too bad to me.

It will not go off if you are not speeding, so what's the problem?

Murray
23rd October 2008, 18:10
This may seem like a dumb question. But how does a speed camera get a bike with no number plate on the front???? Thus by my logic you need to have passed the camera for it to click your rear number plate???

I have been wondering this for some time???

Nagash
23rd October 2008, 19:05
This may seem like a dumb question. But how does a speed camera get a bike with no number plate on the front???? Thus by my logic you need to have passed the camera for it to click your rear number plate???

I have been wondering this for some time???

Nope, you're right. They can't get you if taken from the front, that's why you hammer past giving them the finger :Punk:

jrandom
23rd October 2008, 19:07
Fucking Sarkozy!

You'd quite like that, wouldn't you?

Murray
23rd October 2008, 19:11
yeah thought so, got a bit confused with that thread about getting heaps of camera fines in short time "going there" and "coming back". Must have been in cages

Gubb
23rd October 2008, 19:13
Nope, you're right. They can't get you if taken from the front, that's why you hammer past giving them the finger :Punk:
...Until you see a Cop heading towards you whilst giving said finger.

That'll be $300 and 40 manliness points thankyouverymuch.

Nagash
23rd October 2008, 19:15
...Until you see a Cop heading towards you whilst giving said finger.

That'll be $300 and 40 manliness points thankyouverymuch.

"Must spread rep rah da rah da"

Well played my old foe..

Xile
23rd October 2008, 19:20
You'd quite like that, wouldn't you?

Haha if you mean fuck him in french boxing, i'm all for it
If you mean have sex, then Carla Bruni got already the job, and i'm happy leaving it to her..he's not my type (man, he's so hugly, tiny and vicious) and i'm not good enough at singing to impress him (dick)

Nagash
23rd October 2008, 20:44
In Europe you're allowed to park facing either way..

That got me a couple of times in NZ.

Xile
23rd October 2008, 21:15
In Europe you're allowed to park facing either way..

That got me a couple of times in NZ.

Thats a weird rule this one ey! I mean, ok at some place its dangerous because you need to be the other way of the road, but seriously sometimes it doesn't matter too much..

PirateJafa
24th October 2008, 00:38
Thats a weird rule this one ey! I mean, ok at some place its dangerous because you need to be the other way of the road, but seriously sometimes it doesn't matter too much..
No, it's actually a very sensible rule if you realise that by parking facing forwards on the road means that at night the headlights from a car will pick up the red reflectors that must by law be fitted to cars (Usually built into the car's taillight units).

So theoretically it means that if you pick up the reflection from the reflectors from a parked car it should mean the road will be to the right of it.

Of course, you have to allow for the possibility the car might be park on the grass verge, or even by a Pom who has parked the wrong way - but in theory it is sound! :)

Shiny side up
24th October 2008, 17:43

I have noticed that the fixed speed cameras around Hamilton don't seem to notice the old XJ even at night. No interesting photos at all