PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: "Rebel Yell" Thunder Ride (Sat 9 Nov)

Virago
2nd October 2008, 20:57
The attached flyer was received in the KB email...:

Paulus
3rd October 2008, 14:40

All the way from Bealey Ave to Lyttelton with a stop on the way? :laugh:

NighthawkNZ
3rd October 2008, 14:46

i can't open it... :scratch:

Virago
3rd October 2008, 14:53
i can't open it... :scratch:

It's a PDF (sent to KB in an email). You got the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader?

jeremyb
3rd October 2008, 16:12
All the way from Bealey Ave to Lyttelton with a stop on the way? :laugh:

Thats like an 8 hour ride for a hardly ableson tho'!

NighthawkNZ
3rd October 2008, 16:17
It's a PDF (sent to KB in an email). You got the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader?

Not the latest but have the full version and have no intention of upgrading to the bloatware it has become...

oh well never mind

I go for a ride instead... :confused:

Oakie
3rd October 2008, 16:34
Assuming 'The Mak' is in town (?) it doesn't sound like this ride even leaves the city. Well I suppose that is a bit rebellious isn't it as most motorbicyclists would leave the city for a group ride. Not that I'd knock another biker but it just sounds like an excuse to be noisy and noticed. Sure is going to be fecking noisy going through the tunnel. Ah well, good on them for having a bit of fun.

Muppet
6th October 2008, 20:54
Assuming 'The Mak' is in town (?) it doesn't sound like this ride even leaves the city. Well I suppose that is a bit rebellious isn't it as most motorbicyclists would leave the city for a group ride. Not that I'd knock another biker but it just sounds like an excuse to be noisy and noticed. Sure is going to be fecking noisy going through the tunnel. Ah well, good on them for having a bit of fun.

The "Mak" is the Waimak Pub this side of the river, not exactly the long way round but they're trying which is nice, here's their site

www.harleyrebel.com

The photo's are worth look

The Lone Rider
6th October 2008, 22:21
Looking at their calendar, a lot of their rides are fairly localized.

Calendar, from my quick look, doesn't mention any rides that go much further than Ashburton.

One of our guys I think used to be with them. Might be able to get some information off him about this run.

20-40 people on their weekend rides, all members at that, is a good go though!