PDA

View Full Version : Freight to Australia?

Phreaky Phil
4th October 2008, 11:44
Has anyone freighted their bikes to Aus recently ? I am especially interested in any of the companies that specilize in motorcycle transport where you can deliver your bike to them and they have a specially kitted container for bikes ?

kevfromcoro
4th October 2008, 12:29
Try www.getrouted.com.au think they ship bikes all the time.....
got a contact in NZ..

jafar
4th October 2008, 19:46
Has anyone freighted their bikes to Aus recently ? I am especially interested in any of the companies that specilize in motorcycle transport where you can deliver your bike to them and they have a specially kitted container for bikes ?

you may be better off to get a crate from your local bike shop & ship through a forwarder.
Try : http://www.gologistics.co.nz/

Ask for Chris, I used them to get a bike back from the states, really good to deal with:2thumbsup

thommo77
5th October 2008, 07:42
I work for an international relocation company. Any reputable company should build a custom-made crate for your bike. The timber must be of a type that satisfies AQIS (Aust.Quarantine Inspection Services), so do not make your own.
Have a look at their website for details of requirements etc. You will be responsible for licensing etc in Oz.
Make sure that your quote includes all applicable fees for importing a bike into Oz, otherwise you'll get stung before Oz customs will release your bike.
Price is dependant on final destination. Your crate would likely go in a 'shared' container with other effects going to that port.
Depending on schedules, demand etc allow 4-8 weeks door to door.

tri boy
5th October 2008, 07:58
Why use timber?:scratch:
Most bike shops will pass a genuine bike shipping steel crate on to a customer for a few beers. They are perfect for reusing, and can be modifyed easily with a grinder and welder.

thommo77
5th October 2008, 08:10
Why use timber?:scratch:
Most bike shops will pass a genuine bike shipping steel crate on to a customer for a few beers. They are perfect for reusing, and can be modifyed easily with a grinder and welder.

Fair enough. If you can get one readily, that would be ideal.

Phreaky Phil
5th October 2008, 09:09
Been there, done that with the crates. Thats why i'm keen on this "roll on, roll of " concept, especially if the organise the customs clearance etc.

Dave Milligan
29th November 2008, 14:56
Been there, done that with the crates. Thats why i'm keen on this "roll on, roll of " concept, especially if the organise the customs clearance etc.

Hi Phil,

If you still want your bike shipped to Australia - I run Get Routed and we ship out of Chch into Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane. All our prices include Customs Clearance, Quarantine Inspections & Marine Insurance.
I'll be in Chch loading shipments on 18 December, 2008, 15 January, 2009, 12 Feb, 2009, 12 March, 2009 and 16 April, 2009 to all of those destinations.
Some of our shipments are already full so it pays to book early.
You'll need a Carnet de Passages en Douane for your bike - available from the NZAA in Auckland.
Drop me a note to dave@getrouted.com.au and I'll send you our paperwork.

Kind regards
Dave Milligan

slimjim
30th November 2008, 10:47
Hi Phil,

If you still want your bike shipped to Australia - I run Get Routed and we ship out of Chch into Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane. All our prices include Customs Clearance, Quarantine Inspections & Marine Insurance.
I'll be in Chch loading shipments on 18 December, 2008, 15 January, 2009, 12 Feb, 2009, 12 March, 2009 and 16 April, 2009 to all of those destinations.
Some of our shipments are already full so it pays to book early.
You'll need a Carnet de Passages en Douane for your bike - available from the NZAA in Auckland.
Drop me a note to dave@getrouted.com.au and I'll send you our paperwork.

Kind regards
Dave Milligan

yup best in the bussines for looking after your bike with shipping...many ulysses members have used Dave...top bloke to get your bike overseas..

BMWST?
10th January 2009, 14:37
about how much are we talking say welly? to sydney or melbourne,or chcc to either of above destinations...presumably same return?

pritch
10th January 2009, 16:55
about how much are we talking say welly? to sydney or melbourne,or chcc to either of above destinations...presumably same return?

Umm I think he intended that you use this: dave@getrouted.com.au