PDA

View Full Version : wtb.. 84 RZ250 parts

madmike05
6th October 2008, 19:18
I have finally decided to get my beloved RZ back on the road again but after 10 years in the shed after i dropped her i need a few parts...

Of course the gas tank bottom now looks more like a strainer..
So need one of those.

The left hand switch pod back cover seems to have gone missing. Along with the carb to airbox rubbers.

i didnt realise that the left carb had gummed up and thought that a blat up the road would fix it.. now has one nice sized hole in left piston so am in process of new top end rebuild..

she has only done 21 thousand ks in total since new.
Any help with parts would be much appreciated
I would love to get her back on the road.

Cheers guys n gals.

Ixion
6th October 2008, 19:29
I've probably got a switch block. And I may also ahve a atnak. But (a) what exact model si it , and (b) my tank may be as bad as yours. certainly it would need repainting.

(And if anyone has RZ/RD350 / 400 parts , I'm always interested )

madmike05
6th October 2008, 19:56
i have the 84 nude fairing model...

I don't mind doing a paint job just didn't want to spend mega bucks trying to get mine welded up...

I could also use a couple of mirrors if u had them

And a switch pod would be great let me know how much your after for them.

Pm me with prices.
Cheers
Mike

smudge
6th October 2008, 21:51
A front guard and pipes.

Ixion
8th October 2008, 21:43
What sort of guard and which pipes?

And OP, what does your switch block look like.

I've ratted through them but totally confused myself, between Suzuki, Yamaha, GT, RZ, SRX, XV switches.

Mine has a black block, sort of angular, with horn, indicator, main/dip light and pass . Is that your one?

I have another one , bigger, with the above plus headlight on off on it. WHich I've labelled Yamaha. It's not XV , cos it's got no choke fitment, so I think it miust be RZ.

madmike05
17th July 2009, 22:34
Has anybody got a set of second had but ok pistons and rings lying around for this bike... I took her out for a ride the other day without giving the carbs a clean..
Leaned out i pot an melted the piston...