PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Fair postponed 12 October

Motoworld Powersports
6th October 2008, 19:42
Sorry guys will have to delay this weekends Motorcycle Fair. Unfortunately the council got a whiff of whats going down and called to say that i will need to get a permit for the event. Unfortunely i will not be able to get one by this Sunday. I tried to tell them that a month ago i called to see how to go about this but got the runaround so decided bugger it ill just go for it. They kind of let it out that maybe someone dobbed us in. Hate to think could be from another shop? or organisation maybe carfair. It only makes me more determined to make the first one even better. I still think its a good idea. So ill be going hard out to get my paperwork sorted to make it official. Im sorry if anyone has changed plans to make it. I have already contacted people who have registered i will send them something for making an effort. Im hoping to get everything in place for maybe November date. Will keep in touch.

Marmoot
6th October 2008, 21:42
Wow, we need a permit just to get together?

Gremlin
7th October 2008, 14:19
unlawful gathering an all that aye?

I feel for ya, councils can be sooo much fun at the best of times :wacko:

slofox
7th October 2008, 14:36
Wow, we need a permit just to get together?

Of course ya do!!! And I hope you have your breathing permit up to date as well have ya????? :Police:

Tank
7th October 2008, 17:26
Its on private property right?

I wouldn't think that the council would have much interest.

I have a mate (honest) - I will call him tomorrow for you and see if I can clarify.

R6_kid
7th October 2008, 17:31
Perhaps we can conclude the first Motorcycle Fair with a group ride to the NSCC for a burnout on the front door? :devil2:

Hope things work out fine!

NUTBAR
7th October 2008, 17:37
missed the thread about this, could you pm me with details when you have it sorted, thanks

BAD DAD
7th October 2008, 20:06
Unfortunately the council got a whiff of whats going down and called to say that i will need to get a permit for the event.....

WANKERS

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Motoworld Powersports
8th October 2008, 07:54
Its on private property right?

I wouldn't think that the council would have much interest.

I have a mate (honest) - I will call him tomorrow for you and see if I can clarify.

As far as i know it didnt have much to do with it being on private property it was more to do with providing food premises they had to have a special food license, having a gathering, and really maybe being a nuisance to general public, and making sure that i had the carpark cordoned off correctly which i will have to show them before i even have an event. Im not sure what to do shell out now for them to say not accepted?

Tank
8th October 2008, 08:18
As far as i know it didnt have much to do with it being on private property it was more to do with providing food premises they had to have a special food license, having a gathering, and really maybe being a nuisance to general public, and making sure that i had the carpark cordoned off correctly which i will have to show them before i even have an event. Im not sure what to do shell out now for them to say not accepted?

ahh - that I can help with (wife used to own a catering company and we know all the deal about food certs etc).

Ill drop you a PM.