PDA

View Full Version : Nerds

The Stranger
8th October 2008, 10:26
Is it just me or is there a disproportionately large number of nerds on KB?

Cajun
8th October 2008, 10:28

well it would stand to reason on a internet based forum, that alot of computer savy people would use over sea other professions. Also gives geeks a way to waste time while at work and not riding

skidMark
8th October 2008, 10:28
This thing is telling me to press any key to continue.

WHERE'S THE ANY KEY!!!????!?!?!?!?!?!?

ArcherWC
8th October 2008, 10:29
yes you are a nerd Noel

nodrog
8th October 2008, 10:29

you are correct, and most of them hang out in that smc forum (shouldnt those cunts be studying or some shit?)

yungatart
8th October 2008, 10:30
yes you are a nerd Noel

Agree...

And, yes, you are not the only one....

The Stranger
8th October 2008, 10:35
well it would stand to reason on a internet based forum, that alot of computer savy people would use over sea other professions. Also gives geeks a way to waste time while at work and not riding

I always saw it as escapism, being such a frustrating job working with computers day in day out you got to have an outlet for the frustration.

I wouldn't mind betting that the ones that have to deal with Windoze (or any Micro$oft product I guess) need the most miles to regain some semblance of sanity.

nodrog
8th October 2008, 10:35

he said nerds, geeks are different (apparently) (http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-the-Difference-between-Nerds-and-Geeks)

The Stranger
8th October 2008, 10:37
he said nerds, geeks are different (apparently) (http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-the-Difference-between-Nerds-and-Geeks)

Are you sure you aren't in IT?
You seem to have nothing to do and all day to do it.

Cajun
8th October 2008, 10:39
I always saw it as escapism, being such a frustrating job working with computers day in day out you got to have an outlet for the frustration.

I wouldn't mind betting that the ones that have to deal with Windoze (or any Micro$oft product I guess) need the most miles to regain some semblance of sanity. i think the ones that deal with the end idiot uses have the most miles to regain some sanity

nodrog
8th October 2008, 10:41
Are you sure you aren't in IT?
You seem to have nothing to do and all day to do it.

i dont even know what the fuck IT means, and i wouldnt know the first place to look if i wanted to buy a pocket protector.

The Stranger
8th October 2008, 10:45
i dont even know what the fuck IT means, and i wouldnt know the first place to look if i wanted to buy a pocket protector.

This (http://www.pocketprotectors.com/) should help, my favourite site.

nodrog
8th October 2008, 10:50
This (http://www.pocketprotectors.com/) should help, my favourite site.

cool!

BTW when is your next party? the last one rocked (http://www.zendot3d.com/images/uploads/nerd_party_boys_(2).jpg)

Headbanger
8th October 2008, 10:54
Where is the option for i did,then I wised up and got the hell out before my soul was damned for all time.

I discovered that rain,hail or sunshine I have got to be working outdoors.

The Stranger
8th October 2008, 11:00
cool!

BTW when is your next party? the last one rocked (http://www.zendot3d.com/images/uploads/nerd_party_boys_(2).jpg)

I dunno, I think you look a little bored in that photo Gordie.

nodrog
8th October 2008, 11:04
I dunno, I think you look a little bored in that photo Gordie.

thats because you are a shit host, you spent all night on the computer (http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/nerd.jpg)

The Stranger
8th October 2008, 11:04
Where is the option for i did,then I wised up and got the hell out before my soul was damned for all time.

I discovered that rain,hail or sunshine I have got to be working outdoors.

Surely that's the I'm too smart to work in IT option.

vifferman
8th October 2008, 11:23

I wouldn't mind betting that the ones that have to deal with Windoze (or any Micro$oft product I guess) need the most miles to regain some semblance of sanity.
Yes and yes.
I haven't done any "real" IT stuff for a few years, but have worked in the IT "industry" :rolleyes: for... hmmm.... 14(?) years now, and although I don't have the slightest semblance of sanity, I still need the escapism KB almost provides. It seems a bit crapper this year than in the past though.... doesn't let me scape as much as it used to was.
Don't need it at home, so I rarely log on from home now, but now we've got a laptop, I sometimes have a quick gander while sitting in my lounging chair with my pipe'n'slippers of an evening...
:sherlock:

Headbanger
8th October 2008, 11:28
Surely that's the I'm too smart to work in IT option.

ah, My alternate plan also sucked, so I have to refrain from any claims at being to smart for anything.

I can dig a mean hole though.......

Swoop
8th October 2008, 11:43
The line between nerd/non nerd has to be the amount of fingers you can type with...:confused:

Definately NON I.T. here!

avgas
8th October 2008, 12:10
People love me for my body........

hahahha im sorry but that is so bullshit, i can't even swallow it

Stirts
8th October 2008, 12:24
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/picture.php?albumid=220&pictureid=9068

NC
8th October 2008, 12:40
I likes the internets

Blackbird
8th October 2008, 13:34
IT people are from the planet Geek but plenty of other people can be nerds. Mrs B levels that accusation at me and says I'm borderline Asperger's. I'm a mechanical engineer but chem eng's are worse!

enigma51
8th October 2008, 13:39
I dont know what a computer is ...... from reading this thread it must mean the thing im typing on. ..... I thought it was called a typewriter.

glice
8th October 2008, 14:04
I only ever see the back of a computer, and thats if I get called into the bosses office for being a bad ass.

GaZBur
8th October 2008, 14:40
jIH 'oH ghobe' geek joq nerd tlho' . jIH ta' 'ach
vum tlhej 'op vo' chaH . jIH ghojmoH Information Science Daq Otago University.

The Stranger
8th October 2008, 14:46
thats because you are a shit host, you spent all night on the computer (http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/nerd.jpg)

Well you looked like you were enjoying yourself - for a couple of minutes anyway.

Usarka
8th October 2008, 15:19
What is this work thing of which you speak?

007XX
8th October 2008, 16:00
The line between nerd/non nerd has to be the amount of fingers you can type with...:confused:

Definately NON I.T. here!

Damn, I'm doomed then...I just discovered I can type with two fingers WITHOUT looking at the keyboard...

I'm mutating AAARRRRRGGHHH...

PrincessBandit
8th October 2008, 16:05
... have worked in the IT "industry"

Does this mean you're the latest "it" girl? You know, the ones we read about all the time in the gossip rags? Didn't know we had such talent here in kb!!:eek:

Usarka
8th October 2008, 16:09
with two fingers WITHOUT looking

We'll have to start calling you Yellow Pages :innocent:

vifferman
8th October 2008, 16:18
Does this mean you're the latest "it" girl?
No, that's 007XX, dontcha know.
She's got big boobies y'know.
She told us. :yes:

James Deuce
8th October 2008, 16:21
I prefer "Geek". A Geek is a Nerd who knows he's a Nerd. There are no girl geeks or nerds. Just girls with horrible personalities and a bad case of man-face.

A Nerd is clueless and would die horribly on a motorcycle due to having to adjust his glasses and pocket protector at the same time, therefore there are no Nerds on KB, just Geeks.

Quid pro quo.

The Stranger
8th October 2008, 16:41
I prefer "Geek". A Geek is a Nerd who knows he's a Nerd. There are no girl geeks or nerds. Just girls with horrible personalities and a bad case of man-face.

A Nerd is clueless and would die horribly on a motorcycle due to having to adjust his glasses and pocket protector at the same time, therefore there are no Nerds on KB, just Geeks.

Quid pro quo.

Sorry jim, I am but a simple uncomplicated nerd/geek/dweeb.
The finer nuances of nerddom escape me - hopefully for ever.

Maha
8th October 2008, 17:20
Installation Technician

Is that what IT stands for? cos if it is, then yes, I am an IT exponent.....

PrincessBandit
8th October 2008, 17:34

Lol, yes I guess she's the "it" girl who has been doing "it". (congrats to her btw on their happy news :Offtopic: but I couldn't help mentioning it here....)

Swoop
8th October 2008, 17:54

Gremlin
9th October 2008, 01:42
Wait? I can escape from the insanity?

Sometimes dealing with the slower clients in a phonecall while handling something else really makes me want to smash my head into a desk.

Can I escape please, and deal with servers only? They don't have users breaking them. Just me ;)

007XX
9th October 2008, 08:06

Oi! I'm anjoying them before they hit the ground ok...:crybaby:

btw...and to stay on topic...how do you actually quantify what a nerd is? I mean, from the perspective of my 60 something manager who has trouble understanding what all the lights are on her PC, I'm a freaking genius on a computer...

But for someone like MT or Nighthawk, I'm really just a bumbling beginner...

Maha
9th October 2008, 08:09
I mean, from the perspective of my 60 something manager who has trouble understanding what all the lights are on her PC, I'm a freaking genius on a computer...

Turn around slowly, hes right behind you watching you type.....:sweatdrop

enigma51
9th October 2008, 08:10
Oi! I'm anjoying them before they hit the ground ok...:crybaby:

btw...and to stay on topic...how do you actually quantify what a nerd is? I mean, from the perspective of my 60 something manager who has trouble understanding what all the lights are on her PC, I'm a freaking genius on a computer...

But for someone like MT or Nighthawk, I'm really just a bumbling beginner...

Your knocked up ...... so if you feel like you are a genuis then you are in my books. :love:

Never ever argue with a pregnant women!

007XX
9th October 2008, 08:14
Turn around slowly, hes right behind you watching you type.....:sweatdrop

It's a She, and I got her in my line of vision as we speak :laugh: (plus, I've mastered the lightning quick Alt-F4 command)

007XX
9th October 2008, 08:16
Your knocked up ...... so if you feel like you are a genuis then you are in my books. :love:

Never ever argue with a pregnant women!

Aaawwww...:love:finally a man who knows what's good for him!

Seriously though, baby brain is a bitch of a thing and I am fighting it as much as I can, but it is a frightning reality...grabbing shampoo to clean your teeth with is not ideal!

nodrog
9th October 2008, 08:25
..grabbing shampoo to clean your teeth with is not ideal!

cool you could blow bubbles when you fart, just like stewie!

http://www.baronbob.com/BubbleStewiecrop.jpg

Griffin
9th October 2008, 08:28
Nerds? I dont think Ive seen any nerds on this site yet...:mellow:

mtroskill
10th October 2008, 14:09
I'm in IT so I guess tha tmakes me a geek/nerd..

My next bike after the 250 is gonna be a big ass harley and I am currently growing a pony tail and getting a tattoo to compensate.

blossomsowner
11th October 2008, 09:29
i think there should be limits imposed on the number of geek/nerd/it people allowed in the country. perhaps 0.0002% of the population . Above that either mutate them into real people with real lives or ship them off to white island holiday park............we might consider the same for politicians as well.

Gremlin
12th October 2008, 01:43
i think there should be limits imposed on the number of geek/nerd/it people allowed in the country. perhaps 0.0002% of the population .
so who will fix your computer when it breaks? :laugh:

jrandom
12th October 2008, 07:28
I'd say there are a lot of geeks on KB, and only a minority of them work with computers.

Little Miss Trouble
12th October 2008, 08:16
I was doing IT related work for three years, then I got told that if you do it for more than five your screwed - stuck for life, so I got the hell out!

Usarka
12th October 2008, 09:49
Nerds??????
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/misc/pictures/nerds.jpg

Brett
13th October 2008, 04:44

Shit...am I THAT transparent???