PDA

View Full Version : No escape from speed cameras!

SPman
10th October 2008, 14:23
No escape from the new generation of speed cameras that follow you for 30 miles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1074351/No-escape-new-generation-speed-cameras-follow-30-miles.html

Oh goody - something more to look forward to. - enhanced punitive average speed systems......

The other part of the article I couldn't help but notice was :-

Electronic signs that sense when a car is speeding and switch traffic lights further down the road to red, forcing it to stop, are to be introduced in Britain.The system, already in use as a traffic calming measure .....

Calming measure!!!!!! :apint:

slofox
10th October 2008, 15:09
It does calm the traffic....it is only the driver that becomes enraged......

Holy Roller
11th October 2008, 19:22
It wouldn't work here in the Eastern Bay of Plenty as there is only 1 set of lights.

MaxB
11th October 2008, 19:30
I guess the poms are getting what they voted for. If you take your eye off a politician for a minute see what they get up to!

BiK3RChiK
11th October 2008, 19:45
Technology! Blame the geeks...Oh, yeah, and the politicians!

terbang
11th October 2008, 19:50
More ¨cop out¨ policing.

dpex
13th October 2008, 17:16
I read in this morning's Herald that the new rage is to buy bogus plates from some overseas maker. Virtually impossible to detect unless someone does a real close inspection and can't find the silver fern hologram.

slofox
13th October 2008, 17:36
I read in this morning's Herald that the new rage is to buy bogus plates from some overseas maker. Virtually impossible to detect unless someone does a real close inspection and can't find the silver fern hologram.

I want one of those rotating three sided plates like James Bond had in one movie - the title of which I can no longer remember........

Gareth51
13th October 2008, 17:59
I want one of those rotating three sided plates like James Bond had in one movie - the title of which I can no longer remember........

I liked them too,was going to make one using wire and pullys to rotate it,but invested in a home made FM converter which picked up all the MOT channels instead