PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Welding??

loosebruce
29th January 2005, 21:00
Can anyone recomend a good place in auckalnd to get some bits welded up, i need both exhaust hangers and RH rearset bracket done.

Cheers in advance.

And on a more positive note, i picked up the remainder of the parts i needed from atomic and all the other bits are on there way from VIC wreckers in Oz, and i must say good service from both, esp Keith at VIC.

Bleck K6
29th January 2005, 21:10
Can anyone recomend a good place in auckalnd to get some bits welded up, i need both exhaust hangers and RH rearset bracket done.

Cheers in advance.

And on a more positive note, i picked up the remainder of the parts i needed from atomic and all the other bits are on there way from VIC wreckers in Oz, and i must say good service from both, esp Keith at VIC.
Good to hear you are gettin everything sorted with the TL :2thumbsup .
You should have a talk to DEATH, He might be able to help you out with the welding.

Two Smoker
29th January 2005, 21:17
Good to hear you are gettin everything sorted with the TL :2thumbsup .
You should have a talk to DEATH, He might be able to help you out with the welding.

And if Death can't do it (which i doubt) Milky did a pretty mint job on my rearset.....

Motu
29th January 2005, 21:34
Machine Part Welding in Penrose are the best around,it's all they do,repair broken metal components - I've been getting them to repair stuff for 25 yrs,no complaints...apart from the price.

Milky
29th January 2005, 21:41
Machine Part Welding in Penrose are the best around,it's all they do,repair broken metal components - I've been getting them to repair stuff for 25 yrs,no complaints...apart from the price.

Aye, I have heard only good things about them too.

And if Death can't do it (which i doubt) Milky did a pretty mint job on my rearset.....

yeah a job that cost $200 labour and $50 in filler rod... I have to learn somehow though :o :crazy:

Two Smoker
29th January 2005, 21:51
yeah a job that cost $200 labour and $50 in filler rod... I have to learn somehow though :o :crazy:

Bah your labour is only worth a box of beers..... hehehe

loosebruce
29th January 2005, 22:09
Yeah will get intouch with death 2moro, if no luck will check out the guys in penrose.

Cheers peeps :apint:

erik
30th January 2005, 18:03
Bruce, another place you could try is:

Welding Specialties Ltd

10-12 Bentinck St New Lynn Auckland
0-9-827 7542

My brother had a rearset welded there, they did a good job, but I'm not sure if they were expensive or not.

FROSTY
30th January 2005, 18:21
Bruce--I use brugar engineering -barrys point rd Taka.
Bloody good job they do and pretty reaso pricing--$40 for footpeg bracket on my Viffer