PDA

View Full Version : RS125 chassis should be banned!

bucketracer
11th October 2008, 09:47
RS125 chassis should be banned! Along with Aprillia, other exotic imports and people who pay others to do all the work for them. And what about late model cantilever bikes, FXRs, FZRs etc., where the rider just fits good rubber and goes racing with a competitive bike, where is the spirit of bucket racing in that? Should we ban them to? Why not, they are usually really good riders who love to ride but not very interested in building a bucket. Should we ban really good riders? Make them ride around at some slower speed that I understand and can keep up with, don’t think so. Then there are the clever engineers who have the resources to turn a heap of s***t into something wonderful, should ban them too I guess, got to keep the playing field level, maybe not. My starter bike is 30 years old and I know who the real hero’s of bucket racing are, they are like Shellracing. Dream it, build it, race it, and look good doing it and forever pleasant and helpful. Reading the posts, the races I’ve seen, and the people I’ve meet are like that, pleasant, and helpful. They have dreamt it and are racing buckets in their own way. Me and Girdys with the water pipe frame from the 70’s just love it. If you can't be first come :third: I recon.

James Deuce
11th October 2008, 11:10
I sense a waambulance call.

In my day they wanted to ban RG50s.

Kickaha
11th October 2008, 11:27
If anyone knows of an RS125 chassis pm me, I want to build a new bike

nudemetalz
11th October 2008, 16:49
That's it !!!

F5Dave,..you're banned !!!! :2guns::laugh: :jerry:

Coyote
11th October 2008, 17:35
If I strip my bucket down and paint it all bling like, will I be banned next year?

Trudes
11th October 2008, 17:45
Meh, just makes it more pleasurable when your heap of shit home built bucket is still running at the end of the race or beating the "took the glass off it and now I'm racing it" bikes that die at the first sight of a tight corner or shit weather. :bleh:

lostinflyz
11th October 2008, 17:51
just make bucket racing a full contact sport i say. rs125 frames cant be that strong.

Slingshot
11th October 2008, 17:59
If I strip my bucket down and paint it all bling like, will I be banned next year? Yes, you will be. Sorry.

Then you'll have to give that bike to me :yes:

just make bucket racing a full contact sport i say. rs125 frames cant be that strong. Ummm....it already is, just check out the start of any race at the slipway and you'll see what I mean. ;)

Buddha#81
11th October 2008, 17:59
The best presented Bucket in the South Island and possibly NZ is a RS125 framed MB100 powered weapon and was built for under $700 by a perfectionist. You don't just wack any old motor into a RS they need to be engineered in. FXR's are ok but not great, have a good look at them. Shit unadjustable non linkaged rear shock, puss forks, heavy. They're ok if you wan't to run mid pack or better if you spend some time and money on them. They're great if you dont have the time or money, or just have other things to do. I love my FXR 'cause all it needs is gas and some love every now and then and park it up between meetings and I spend time with my family.

If you want bikes excluded so you can run at the front of the pack on a old bike that is hard to get parts for and isn't going to get any easier, you better write to MNZ and submit some changes........somehow I think it will fall on deaf ears.

lostinflyz
11th October 2008, 19:09
Yes, you will be. Sorry.

Then you'll have to give that bike to me :yes:

Ummm....it already is, just check out the start of any race at the slipway and you'll see what I mean. ;)

im imagining road rash style. 1950's (grease lightening) spikes off rims and chains and metal boots. +10 seconds per take down

TZ350
11th October 2008, 19:39
If you want bikes excluded so you can run at the front of the pack on a old bike that is hard to get parts for and isn't going to get any easier, you better write to MNZ and submit some changes........somehow I think it will fall on deaf ears.

Like Buddha#18 I agree with bucketracer the day is gone when you had to make your own bucket from a heap of shit to be a bucketracer although thats a nobel thing in itself. People ride different bikes for different reasons, all so they can get out there racing.

ajturbo
11th October 2008, 19:52
im imagining road rash style. 1950's (grease lightening) spikes off rims and chains and metal boots. +10 seconds per take down

like skunk says... we already doing that....:wacko:

Pumba
11th October 2008, 21:42
should be banned! Along with Aprillia, other exotic imports and people who pay others to do all the work for them. And what about late model cantilever bikes, FXRs, FZRs etc., where the rider just fits good rubber and goes racing with a competitive bike, where is the spirit of bucket racing in that? Should we ban them to? Why not, they are usually really good riders who love to ride but not very interested in building a bucket. Should we ban really good riders? Make them ride around at some slower speed that I understand and can keep up with, don’t think so. Then there are the clever engineers who have the resources to turn a heap of s***t into something wonderful, should ban them too I guess, got to keep the playing field level, maybe not. My starter bike is 30 years old and I know who the real hero’s of bucket racing are, they are like Shellracing. Dream it, build it, race it, and look good doing it and forever pleasant and helpful. Reading the posts, the races I’ve seen, and the people I’ve meet are like that, pleasant, and helpful. They have dreamt it and are racing buckets in their own way. Me and Girdys with the water pipe frame from the 70’s just love it. If you can't be first come :third: I recon.

Let me see if I have got this right,

RS125 chassis
exotic imports
people who pay others to do all the work for them
FXRs, FZRs etc
really good riders who love to ride but not very interested in building a bucket
clever engineers who have the resources to turn a heap of s***t into something wonderful

Ok A few condradictions there :lol:

Then there is this statement that I am really struggling to get my head round,

.....they are like Shellracing. Dream it, build it, race it, and look good doing it and forever pleasant and helpful.....
cause for one you do realise that Steve is a pretty resoucefull guy that has built a few bikes and his current one is a FXR powered FZR, so would be banned on at least two of your above statements:crazy: and I dont even want to start naming others on that list cause I woould be afraid of offending the people that I left off:confused:, and two, the look good doing it statement, hmmm well:whistle:

So to summerise I think this is a pretty dam good wind up and you shouuld get your arse down to Mt Welly tomorrow and introduce your self, I will be the guy on the FXR in the horificly colured red and yellow leathers:laugh:

Buckets4Me
11th October 2008, 22:13
HA ha HA haha hah ha

I was waiting for that one

well thats it no more mister nice guy

lets ban buckets nad got 150 ss racing

bring on the CBR I say

1 make racing
keep it all fair
and if you pass me you are BANED for life :bash:

see ya all tomorow
hope your gp is coming on nicely :scooter:

Mrs Busa Pete
12th October 2008, 06:21
maybe we could have a lemonze start followed by 20 people pushing there bikes around the track for 12 laps then all bikes are equall only my fxr got pased by a light weight on a 50cc 2 strock may be we should add weights to light weights so i can run at the front

Mrs Busa Pete
12th October 2008, 06:26
I sense a waambulance call.

In my day they wanted to ban RG50s.

20 years ago they wouldnt let us run the ysrs becouse they had 12inch rims and 80cc factory power plants aparently it had an unfare advantage

Buckets4Me
12th October 2008, 06:39
Lets ban them all then we caqn walk around

or just make it all 2 stroke's
get rind of the 4 strokes once and for all ;)

I like that one ban the 4
ban the 4
ban the 4
:scooter:

Buckets4Me
12th October 2008, 06:43
so new rules
NO 4 STROKES
No FZR
NO FXR
bike weight has to be at least 100kg
12 laps with compulsary pit stop for water
engines off at all times

now boys STOP your engines
Lets RACE walk crawl push or whatever you can

BRING on the 2 hour I say

SHELRACING
13th October 2008, 08:58
TRU -DAT
About the leathers that is :banana:

(just messin wiv ya mate, you look just like Rossi from where I was standin)

Let me see if I have got this right,

RS125 chassis
exotic imports
people who pay others to do all the work for them
FXRs, FZRs etc
really good riders who love to ride but not very interested in building a bucket
clever engineers who have the resources to turn a heap of s***t into something wonderful

Ok A few condradictions there :lol:

Then there is this statement that I am really struggling to get my head round,

cause for one you do realise that Steve is a pretty resoucefull guy that has built a few bikes and his current one is a FXR powered FZR, so would be banned on at least two of your above statements:crazy: and I dont even want to start naming others on that list cause I woould be afraid of offending the people that I left off:confused:, and two, the look good doing it statement, hmmm well:whistle:

So to summerise I think this is a pretty dam good wind up and you shouuld get your arse down to Mt Welly tomorrow and introduce your self, I will be the guy on the FXR in the horificly colured red and yellow leathers:laugh:

F5 Dave
13th October 2008, 09:11
Ok here are the rules of life. Someone is always going to be better looking, stronger, more popular & get more girls than you. Life isn’t fair.
Perhaps we should ban everyone who used to race bigger bikes & won championships? Well that would cut out a decent amount of the field.

Some people are going to have more resources or the will to spend them. Motorsport isn’t cheap. Buckets probably is the cheapest. But it isn’t free.

As for the ‘Spirit of Bucket racing’; Well I’ve been racing Buckets for 20 years consecutively. By no means the longest. . . . Actually consecutively the only other face who has raced all that time I remember is Dave Dip. So either way I feel qualified to comment.

Some people feel that they should race any old piece of poo & have the same chance of winning. How sad, that’s how most of us started but it doesn’t work that way. I could never afford an RG50 when I started & my MB50 was outclassed. But on the other hand Pete Sales GT50 lapped everyone else. He was a better rider than many & he was very clever & spent a lot of time tuning & evolving the bike.

How unfair, grumble grumble. Bollocks! Good on him. Same as anything in life, put more in & get more out.

My RG50 I raced for over 10 years & then did the RS conversion for ~ $400. Yes it handles better than my RG50, but largely as I’d made a mistake with the rear suspension. If one harks back to the Kaitoke days there was a reasonable time where no one could beat me. Either on my 50 or the H100.

Hamish & Jay came along & it got busy again. 3 50s were leading every F4 race. No one was grumbling about that as it was clear they were in a zone. I had to bring my game up, just as time moved on & Bayden & Fishe got their bikes better & woke themselves up a bit when new tracks came along.

Over the years I have gone from tragic handling bikes & decide I am over that. The ‘Sprit of Bucket racing’ is often used when someone is getting their arse kicked & wants to lessen someone’s natural advantage over them.
Life isn’t like that. Get used to it & either have fun doing what you are doing or step up to the plate & give it your best shot.

nudemetalz
13th October 2008, 09:11
I'm waiting on the "No Loncin's allowed as they're too cheap for a new motor"..... :crazy: :wacko: :lol:

F5 Dave
13th October 2008, 09:14
No slicks, original tyres that came with the bike, no paint jobs, alternative handle bars or footpegs.:confused:

koba
13th October 2008, 09:34
If I strip my bucket down and paint it all bling like, will I be banned next year?

A ban is only any good if you turn up :laugh:

nudemetalz
13th October 2008, 09:36
No slicks, original tyres that came with the bike, no paint jobs, alternative handle bars or footpegs.:confused:

Sheez, wasn't that the formula back in the 80's when buckets began ?

F5 Dave
13th October 2008, 09:45
Not at all, there were lots of Trick bikes at least in the late 80s. Of course there were the shitters, but there still is.

If you want it to be 'even' try taking up running. "Awww but mum! he has some New Balance & I can't compete 'cause of me Bata Bullets."

MSTRS
13th October 2008, 09:48
The ‘Sprit of Bucket racing’ is often used when someone is getting their arse kicked & wants to lessen someone’s natural advantage over them.

"Someone" ignoring the SpiritOfBucketRacing...:jerry:
Mind you, I did notice that directly after this most ungentlemanly display that young Dave did kick back with a smoke and a pint to give the pack a sporting chance. They tried, but....

F5 Dave
13th October 2008, 10:04
Yeah Fishe & Bayden started off the back of the grid in that race, I misunderstood Fishe’s comment about ‘Reverse grid’ & lined up on the other side of the front row from last race. So I had to slow down for them a few times so they could catch up. (Only smoke was from the engine.) I was expecting one or t’other to shoot past, but it is pretty hard to pass on that track.

Course I was only on a 50 racing against 150s. They should ban all bikes bigger than a 50. Waaaaa!

nudemetalz
13th October 2008, 10:04
Not at all, there were lots of Trick bikes at least in the late 80s. [/I]"

Actually the fastest bike I remember back in the late 80's at the bucket GP's was a T90 twin bored out to a 100 and reed-valved. Damn that thing was quick !!!
I've got some photos of it somewhere at home, must dig them out.

F5 Dave
13th October 2008, 10:06
Yeah that would have been Pete Sales one. Burn him, . . . I mean Ban him.

speedpro
13th October 2008, 10:20
Actually the fastest bike I remember back in the late 80's at the bucket GP's was a T90 twin bored out to a 100 and reed-valved. Damn that thing was quick !!!
I've got some photos of it somewhere at home, must dig them out.

Definitely Pete, it had twin motocross ignitions as well with the 2nd driven by a little toothed belt. Ram's bike was faster with it's custom made programeable CDI. Then you have any of the Steadmans, Hintz, Shiffiffs, Ross Drinkwater, Gyro with electronically operated power valve using a tacho kit and an electric window winder motor. One of the Steadmans tried a variable length chamber. Lots of stuff to get you banned in that list from being way too fast to being way too clever to spending way too much time on it. Usually all three, at least.

TZ350
13th October 2008, 14:13
What about this bit of shamless technology. 2.5/3.5 17's, cantalever conversion, white power shock, RS forks, modified MB100 hand made (wobbly design no doubt) pipe, 28mm flatslide, all in a braced MB frame. Top bike at Mt Wellington ridden by one of the best and a real gentalman with it. Fast, good looking, talented, respected for a clean riding style. This has got to stop, ban it before young riders try to copy him. :Police:

SHELRACING
13th October 2008, 16:08
Well if anythings up for a ban it's gotta be them two strokes. Noisey, smelly orrible things they are.....

Especially that one belonging to TZ350 :bleh:

Coyote
13th October 2008, 16:47
A ban is only any good if you turn up :laugh:
I said next year. Hopefully then I'll make it. On my way to getting a car licence and a full time job.

TZ350
13th October 2008, 18:32
Well if anythings up for a ban it's gotta be them two strokes. Noisey, smelly orrible things they are.....

Especially that one belonging to TZ350 :bleh:

You know it would have been different if I had not managed such a good start. To make it a level playing field, we could ban good starts too. :yeah: you looked good going past me into the infield, cranked over, knee down. I was :gob: gob smacked.

It has occurred to me that I have spent years thinking, planing, working and developing my bikes but have never really put the same effort into improving my riding, and I wonder why I was not improving. :thud: that's changed. Now I read plan and give it a try, but now that I'm going faster I find I get sea :sick: sick. Bugger!!!

koba
14th October 2008, 06:33
Definatly ban rotaries!

homer
14th October 2008, 06:58
RS125 chassis should be banned! Along with Aprillia, other exotic imports and people who pay others to do all the work for them. And what about late model cantilever bikes, FXRs, FZRs etc., where the rider just fits good rubber and goes racing with a competitive bike, where is the spirit of bucket racing in that? Should we ban them to? Why not, they are usually really good riders who love to ride but not very interested in building a bucket. Should we ban really good riders? Make them ride around at some slower speed that I understand and can keep up with, don’t think so. Then there are the clever engineers who have the resources to turn a heap of s***t into something wonderful, should ban them too I guess, got to keep the playing field level, maybe not. My starter bike is 30 years old and I know who the real hero’s of bucket racing are, they are like Shellracing. Dream it, build it, race it, and look good doing it and forever pleasant and helpful. Reading the posts, the races I’ve seen, and the people I’ve meet are like that, pleasant, and helpful. They have dreamt it and are racing buckets in their own way. Me and Girdys with the water pipe frame from the 70’s just love it. If you can't be first come :third: I recon.

hear what your saying , you can apply that to most racing , as example HQ holdens .
the front car no one can catch usually has been re bored by doing this one can use the cam set allowable for the race and timing set up , but what they do is rebore the engine slightly off set to allow for degrees before top dead centre .
And be sides who remembers 2nd or third anyways , are you racing to win or racing for show .

SHELRACING
14th October 2008, 08:32
Yep, old wobbler was watching us, she said you were gutted when I got past. But then you did get me back down the straight... But I'm working on that. :shifty: It was a great race, no matter how we placed in the end.

Here's to Taupo then.

You know it would have been different if I had not managed such a good start. To make it a level playing field, we could ban good starts too. :yeah: you looked good going past me into the infield, cranked over, knee down. I was :gob: gob smacked.

It has occurred to me that I have spent years thinking, planing, working and developing my bikes but have never really put the same effort into improving my riding, and I wonder why I was not improving. :thud: that's changed. Now I read plan and give it a try, but now that I'm going faster I find I get sea :sick: sick. Bugger!!!

all4A50s
14th October 2008, 18:17
instead of banning this or that why not have a classic grade. i.e., pre 1980/90/00? :chase:

Buckets4Me
14th October 2008, 19:15
or how about an old farts race
ie over 50 years old
there are a few up here that would fit that class
:Oi::Pokey:

CM2005
14th October 2008, 19:19
Yep, old wobbler was watching us, she said you were gutted when I got past. But then you did get me back down the straight... But I'm working on that. :shifty: It was a great race, no matter how we placed in the end.

Here's to Taupo then.

Shit yeah here's to taupo!! I'll be chasing you lot down... again!
and also, i'll have tuning, which i guess means i wont be allowed to race.:jerry:

also, i should get pole pos. for the mt welly 2hr, because i crashed at the 50 lapper last year.

lol.:done:

bucketracer
15th October 2008, 18:31
Meh, just makes it more pleasurable when your heap of shit home built bucket is still running at the end of the race or beating the "took the glass off it and now I'm racing it" bikes that die at the first sight of a tight corner or shit weather. :bleh:

I am with Trude's, building your own and riding it well is the way to go, its to my taste and interests. I can't knock the others though, because they all have good reasons for doing it their own way. Thing is they are all out there racing and I think thats the point of buckets. F5 Dave sure can write well.