PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP, Phillip Island pics

jade
12th October 2008, 17:39
Well I thought I better post up some pics of my trip, havent got much time so cant put up to many, but heres some
These first few photos show the wicked camper me and my gf got to go to the gp in, The pictures are in Sydney, took 10 hours to get to melbourne, them 2 down to phillip Island, you can see the bridge leading over to P.I and us crossing it
Think the next photo is when we first got to the track.. there was valentino !
(Our camera is really shit)

jade
12th October 2008, 17:43
more pics, vermulen, de puniet, STONER! the track, pedrosa's 07 bike
my gf with rossi's 07 bike !

jade
12th October 2008, 17:50
A race rc8 ( I love it)
Rossi's 07 bike
Just some of the memrobilia for sale,
the BIMOTA DB7, my Dream Bike, I love it. Highlight of the weekend justabout !

We had our own grandstand on Friday because it was raining
Saturday and Sunday were perfect weather and the stand was packed
We were at the southern loop and got to see a few crashes, was good because we had a massive tv right in front of us
Me with a girl and a casey stoner tribute 1098

jade
12th October 2008, 18:01
Me with the girl and casey bike, and the casey bike..
My gf Jo getting our aprilia stubby holders signed by Alvaro Bautista..
He was fantastic over the weekend, the gp was amazing, I loved the 250 qualifying sessions, specially in the last 10 minutes, they became a big swarm of bees !
Moto gp was lapping, 129, 250's doing 132's and the winning australian superbikes were doing 135's ..gives you an Idea of how fast the 250's are
cant write too much atm but I walked away with, aprilia stubby holders, 2 aprilia hoodys, aprilia jacket, aprilia t-shirt, aprilia hat.. and a few motogp beanies
Stuff was really well priced, my jacket was 150 bucks and is really nice, a hat or t shirt was only 25 bucks, and hoodys were about 65
also all the gear was well cheap in comparison to retail, PUMA boots which are 650AUD were going for 300AUD and same with everything, will take much more money next time..
Also got to see 2009 bikes unveiled... r1, gsxr etc,
all in all, for 3 days, I took exstacy - put my sunnys on and sipped my gin and tonic that I walked straight in with, (Looks like water) and walked around loving all things bikes ?! Will probably go to a different one next year, maybe valencia ?

hmurphy
12th October 2008, 21:56
Wicked man! I envy you!! Looked like it would have been a lot of fun. Invite me next time

TOTO
13th October 2008, 22:07
What race class is that race KTM in ? Are they entering the MotoGp or what ?

R6_kid
13th October 2008, 22:18
What race class is that race KTM in ? Are they entering the MotoGp or what ?

lol... there was a guy 'racing' one in Superstock, but he wasn't doing to good.

I think KTM are campaigning it next year in WSBK, but i'm not sure.

Cam, that van is so you bro. Glad that it turned out to be a good weekend after the BS you went through with ticketing etc.

jade
14th October 2008, 19:13
Yea dude that was so fucked up, It was awesome, hopefully go to another one next year in a different country, as for yarns heres a couple
2 separate guys at work, one is a kiwi, he used to be on John Brittens team back in christchurch, he built heaps of the carbon components and has been telling me all about it, he brought in a carbon throttle body that he found under his house, pretty cool to see and its probably worth a bit ?
Also another guy at work used to be a cinematographer and has been to quite a few gp's, at a mugello one I think it was he was working as a photographer and had access to the pits, he got to meet quite a few guys and was fortunate enough to go on the back of Mick Doohans 500 with him for a few hot laps, How lucky can you get ?!?!? reckons it was getting proper sideways and was on the back wheel a fair bit, he was wearing a pair of Micks leathers ! When he got back he got a business card for when they came to Eastern Creek and met back up with them, they threw the towel in because it was pissing it down and doohan was 2 seconds off racepace !
Hows that for a good ol yarn