PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Bling

Buddha#81
12th October 2008, 20:56
In Shelracing "Delta" thread I mentioned I've purchased on of these, http://www.motorbikeparts.co.nz/product_details.php?category_id=2&sub_category_id=4&product_id=538 The FXR had a dodgy Sketchey home made muffler when I brought it off him, and I quickly knocked one up to tidy the bike up. we I had good intentions to sort it out but 3 seasons later I finally got round to it.

Other than a XL250 (old) carb and no filter in the airbox (yes it still has the airbox) the motor is bog stock standard. I fitted the muffler using the standard header and fitted the slipon as a underslung, more 'cause it was easy nothing scientific about it.

The bikes gained 9 Kph and showed on the track today, Its still loosing out to the CBR's and "hot" FXR's with cams, CDI's ported heads and flatslides but by fark all. Its the best $105 I've spent on a bucket.

Pumba
13th October 2008, 07:26
Was looking at Shellracings pipe on the on the weekend up here (same as yours) and they still like quite restricted, any coments?

looking good by the way :2thumbsup

SHELRACING
13th October 2008, 08:30
Was looking at Shellracings pipe on the on the weekend up here (same as yours) and they still like quite restricted, any coments?

looking good by the way :2thumbsup

I was worried about the restrictions. But totally unfounded, I think the Delta ran reasonably well for it's first outing what do you think??

I won't be changing the pipe at all at this stage, unless later cam and carb work warrants it. I paid $85 for the muffler and it was well worth it. :2thumbsup

Pumba
13th October 2008, 11:44
I was worried about the restrictions. But totally unfounded, I think the Delta ran reasonably well for it's first outing what do you think??

Well that solves that issue then, the delta was running well for its first apperance, but hey I was just stoked you were kiked out of B grade cause it bumped me up the placings:2thumbsup

Buddha#81
13th October 2008, 17:38
I was worried about the restrictions. But totally unfounded, I think the Delta ran reasonably well for it's first outing what do you think?? I paid $85 for the muffler and it was well worth it. :2thumbsup

Yeah I paid the same but didn't want to cheapen a already good deal. I modified mine before even testing. I removed both end restrictors and the centre full baffle (all only tack welded in place) and locked wired one of the retrictors into the centre of the perferated tube to give the engine some back pressure. Its a nice exhaust note and the bike goes well. If you are going to disect one, drill the rivets out at the tailpipe end.