PDA

View Full Version : HJC FG14

dangerous
30th January 2005, 20:04
Ok brought a HJC FG14 lid from Oz last week and went for a decent spin on the bike this w/e, Man what a differance compaired to the Lazer I was using before the HJC.
Much quiter than the lids with side plates/pods on. Ventalation is wicked you can feel the cool air on ya skalp and a defernet breeze round ya mush too. Breath guard is huge almost smothering but works well however I dident use it much as the days were so hot. A very comfortable lid however I did find the forhead padding a bit hard/tight. The visor has a 2 stage closing system like the AC11 were the last movement pulls the visor into the seals a great idea but the visor has trouble staying open at 100k in the lowest setting. Chin curtin is a must I wouldent want another lid that dosent have one.

Now I put a fogcity in it before leaving home and that was cool but thismornig after a damp nite in the tent there was moisture in between the fogcity and visor and it wouldent clear.... so I tore it off and biffed it in the bush, bloody wast of $40........... anyone know what that was about, the fogcity was well sealed.... I think

Lou Girardin
3rd February 2005, 07:25
If the visor is not absolutely clean, the Fog City adhesive will release. I had it happen too. A Pinlock system is much better. (and dearer)