PDA

View Full Version : Good ride skills dude

FROSTY
15th October 2008, 10:54
Hey dude you were riding a silver 1400 kawasaki yesterday arvo. You were out the backof Titirangi.
The lady in her shopping cart that pulled out of a sideroad in front of ya musta scared the beejeebers outa ya.
But the way you hauled that beast up was bloody impressive. The lil flick to get round the back of her car made the beast look like a commuter bike.
Ohh and lady in 1995 toyota corolla. I saw you look right at him so please don't say ya diddn't see him

riffer
15th October 2008, 10:58
Another reason to bring in gun holsters on bikes like they have in Texas.

Amazing how fear of imminent death brings out the best in some of us. <_<

3L4NS1R
15th October 2008, 12:32
Nice to see a post that doesn't moan about other bikers! Saw some awesome bus dodging last night on Symonds street btw, twas someone on a Suzuki, didnt get the model...

I'm liking the idea of the follow-till-they-stop-then-give-them-the-best-rage-lecture-they-have-ever-had tactic... havn't done it yet, but next time... next time!!

eelracing
15th October 2008, 16:19
Cars pulln out or turning in front of you is an almost daily occurrence in these parts,so much so that i now blame myself if it gives me a fright.You have to treat cagers as Class A fukwits otherwise you will not survive for long.If they look like they are going to do it,then they probably will, so i ride accordingly when passing sideroads and even going through green lights.A lesson i learned the hard way when t-boned by a red light runner.It must be 10 times worse in the big smokes i imagine.

Katman
15th October 2008, 19:15
Cars pulln out or turning in front of you is an almost daily occurrence in these parts,so much so that i now blame myself if it gives me a fright.

It's a shame more motorcyclists don't share that attitude.

Good on you.

glice
15th October 2008, 20:30
It's a shame more motorcyclists don't share that attitude.

Good on you.

+1 I'm surprised how many bikers say they were so surprised that the car actully just pulled out.

Ragingrob
15th October 2008, 20:34
+1 I'm surprised how many bikers say they were so surprised that the car actully just pulled out.

Pulled into a road today behind a car who then pulled over left then started swinging round for a u-turn! I'd wondered and had already started jamming the brakes on, then he stopped half way and went "oops there's a biker there", but by that time I was already heading round the other side of the car. Maybe he'll check twice next time, hold that thought, maybe he'll check once!

piston broke
15th October 2008, 20:57
the boot was on the other foot for me today.
heading west from paihai(in the crate)- to keri keri.
goin up a passing lane,check mirrors,indicate,first car sweet, second car, sitting way back from a truck wayyy further up,pulls out into the passing lane as i'm near alongside.
i had to hit the picks pretty fast and hard...
fark there is a bike behind me!!!
i didn't even see him till i i had slowed to about 60k's.
he was close.we both at the same time lifted our left hands,palm upwards.
just one of 3 scares on the road today.i did 600k today though

BigDave
16th October 2008, 08:04

I've only been riding a few months and I'm well aware of how often cars pull out when I'm approaching! I expect it now and I'm getting good at the angry hand shake while swearing loudly in my helmet :D

I was taken by surprise when a bus driver decided to try and block me taking a shortcut through queing traffic though! :no: Traffic was stationary so was trundling down the queue next to the kerb and the fecker looked at me in his wing mirror and then pulled his bus in toward the kerb to block me! And no, there wasn't a bus stop there. Sqeezed through and gestured my frustration :angry2:

Katman
16th October 2008, 08:22
I've only been riding a few months and I'm well aware of how often cars pull out when I'm approaching! I expect it now and I'm getting good at the angry hand shake while swearing loudly in my helmet :D

I was taken by surprise when a bus driver decided to try and block me taking a shortcut through queing traffic though! :no: Traffic was stationary so was trundling down the queue next to the kerb and the fecker looked at me in his wing mirror and then pulled his bus in toward the kerb to block me! And no, there wasn't a bus stop there. Sqeezed through and gestured my frustration :angry2:

Not a very smart position to be placing yourself in.

MarkH
16th October 2008, 09:07
Not a very smart position to be placing yourself in.

Riding past stationary vehicles? Generally that is much safer than riding past moving vehicles!

Katman
16th October 2008, 09:11
Riding past stationary vehicles? Generally that is much safer than riding past moving vehicles!

Not when riding between the car and the left hand kerb.

sAsLEX
16th October 2008, 09:14

Never ride between the cars and the curb, that is just dangerous, use the middle of the road as cagers are so scared of each other they leave a tasty big gap between the oncoming lanes, and in the middle you have more escape routes.

ps. Always have an escape route.

portokiwi
16th October 2008, 09:16
:shit: its when they just push open their drivers door without looking that gets to me.... Car just sitting there then the door swings open as you are going past.:2guns:. ASP batons are the best.

NOMIS
16th October 2008, 09:18
Pulled into a road today behind a car who then pulled over left then started swinging round for a u-turn! I'd wondered and had already started jamming the brakes on, then he stopped half way and went "oops there's a biker there", but by that time I was already heading round the other side of the car. Maybe he'll check twice next time, hold that thought, maybe he'll check once!

had a 4wd pull out when i was about 1m fro the back of the car filtering on the n.w managed to swerve and brake wide then the prick sat on th cats eys driving ... i wanted to just nail it into his wing mirror. right pissed me off , but hey kinda used to it. I mean i sometimes take the cage and even when i didnt have a bike I stil checked mirrors and blindspot before moving over.. oh and indicated.