PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed

nico
19th October 2008, 16:03
hi all urgant help needed im have an electrical problem on my 94 vfr750 the fuse for indactors/horn keeps blowing so i think... must ne a short somewhere have striped the bike down checked all conec tions all seem ok im in upper hutt if some one could come around or give me some advice thatd be great

will 021 1319090 i no short notice but need to get this fixed asap decided not to ride today thinking the prob lem might spread

if you can help prpps cominmg ya way the usual hook up will be provided

CookMySock
19th October 2008, 18:07
Did you notice which indicator was in use when the fuse blew? Thats the side the fault will be on.

Turn the key and indicators on, and very lightly wiggle the wiring until you hear the fuse pop, then refit another fuse and keep narrowing this area down. There will be a wire with the insulation rubbed off it, or similar.

Take care not to pull firmly on the wiring loom, as you will move the wiring so far you won't be able to make it fault again.

HTH
Steve

nico
19th October 2008, 18:18
yeah inda cant do that put new fuse in turn the key about 10 sec and the buga blows

CookMySock
19th October 2008, 19:42
yeah inda cant do that put new fuse in turn the key about 10 sec and the buga blowsTry putting a smaller fuse in - does it blow instantly or still in 10sec? Do you have to activate any switches to make it blow or does it pop right away with the key on?

Try giving the wiring loom a large pull in one direction and see if you can dislodge the fault.

Remove or unplug all the lights, horn etc so its just the loom connected - does the fault vanish? reconnect things one at a time.

Pop the covers of the switches and make sure nothing obvious is at fault there, like a switch mechanism broken and shorting to the metal bars.

Keep posting if none of this works - we'll get you sorted. Go slow and methodical and take regular breaks - thats when you have a brainwave thats solves it, on yer breaks.

Steve

nico
19th October 2008, 22:36
all righty heres what ive done tryed the smaller fuze blew straight away upon turing the key have striped it right down again lol disconected the indactors horn and also discovred the heated hand grips were hookd up through this fuze the install looks prety pro no shady tape 2geher wires or anything just seems really strange 6 months of hassle free then all of a sudn blowing every fuze i pt near it ???????? will go get some more fuzes 2mrow see if i can find the problem

motorbyclist
20th October 2008, 01:47
easy: just put in a bigger fuse:D

i find staples do well:msn-wink:

nico
20th October 2008, 06:44
so far have tryed everything form above nuthing coming to me yet, as for a biger fuze well aLWAYs seems a bit shadey to do this but i did try it and 20A blew straight aways as well usually a 10A

CookMySock
20th October 2008, 07:41
Aha, I bet the heated grips controller is fucked. Disconnect it and see what happens.

Steve

nico
20th October 2008, 17:13
right all fixd now what was wrong well wile i was trying to fix that i had found the problem well i loost all power to bike (enter the panic mode) so a quik call to maidstone yamaha 20 min later bikes picked up 2 hurs later bike is droped off running mint as 30 min later i have it back 2gether faring such fidly stuf aint it , so over all mint now the problem was indactors there was a earth wire running behind the right hald side rubber had been rubbed of from stering clip on causing the short, why power went away a main engne fuse had given up convcently placed upder the gas tank lol

ewell all is good now big ups to maidstone yamaha chers damo :niceone:

skidMark
20th October 2008, 17:46
if you can help prpps cominmg ya way the usual hook up will be provided

Are you even speaking english? :pinch:

nico
20th October 2008, 17:59
it is an up hill strugle.:bash:

Pedrostt500
20th October 2008, 18:22
good to hear you are back up and running nico

nico
20th October 2008, 20:10
yes im stoked the loaner bike didnt look to appealing some 90cc thing dont even know if thad get me to the air port let alone on time n lane spliting

CookMySock
20th October 2008, 20:14
the problem was indactors there was a earth wire running behind the right hald side rubber had been rubbed of from stering clip on causing the shortGood shit bro. Thats a very common electrical fault.. I'm surprised yanking the loom around didn't free it up.

best,
Steve

nico
21st October 2008, 04:54
Good shit bro. Thats a very common electrical fault.. I'm surprised yanking the loom around didn't free it up.

best,
Steve

it my have steve but when the 1 went under the tank i thaught i was time to get some 1 in he did replace the whole wire not just tape it up so prety mint in the end

:headbang: