PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone BT-016

discotex
19th October 2008, 20:10
This should be interesting given how bad a rap Bridgestone get on KB....

After two trackdays and WAY too much nana commuting over winter I still managed to eek out almost 14,000km out of the OEM BT-015. Hardly what I'd consider a sticky tyre although it was pretty good for road riding it certainly wasn't up to track punishment.

So anyway I went down to Cycletreads yesterday to get myself a pair of PP 2CTs now that they've finally got the 180 rear in stock.

So imagine my surprise when everyone I spoke to at Cycletreads were raving about the BT-016 and how much better it is than the PP 2CT (and nothing like the 015).

Long story short they talked me into giving the BT-016 a go because they were so keen on it.

It's got 3 compounds on the rear and two on the front which sounds good. Should last ok. Less grooving than the 014/015 so it's basically slick out at the edge. Nice.

Have put 250km on them now and I'm impressed. Very impressed. Obviously being new they turn in much better but the most noticeable thing is how well they hold a line. Even over dodgy surface.

I tried my hardest to get them to spin up and failed (same couldn't be said of the 015).

Feel of the road is a million times better than the 015 was. Haven't ridden PP 2CT so can't compare. This tyre seems to live up to the hype though.

Haven't risked riding them to the edge (few mm left) as my steering head bearings are rooted. Waiting on parts for a warranty replacement before I really fang it.

Very interested to hear of anyone else's experience with the BT-016. Especially if you've taken them to the track.

Some reading:
http://www.battlax.co.uk/battlax-bt-016/
http://www.2wf.com/content/view/1566/45/
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6/402404-bt-016-first-report.html

McJim
19th October 2008, 20:23
I've just had one of them fitted at the front. Seems okay.

to be honest I don't think you can go far wrong with any of the following: Bridgestone, Avon, Metzeler, Michelin, Continental or Pirelli.

If you're running Cheng Shin I would seriously consider changing though...

Personally I fitted Bridgestones to my VTR, my wife's RG150 and my Ducati.

Pussy
19th October 2008, 20:37
I'll be interested to hear how the 016s perform.
I'm running M3 Metzelers at the moment, and I feel they don't hold a line like the stock 014s did.
I must be one of the few on KB that like Bridgestones

Owl
20th October 2008, 05:56
Perhaps you should check out the Speed Triple forum at TriumphRat.net. The guys that are using them love em. I've got a set in the shed and looking forward to trying them.:msn-wink:

SixPackBack
20th October 2008, 06:01
What did cycletreads charge you for a set?

Fatjim
20th October 2008, 08:11
It is indeed unusual for Bridgestones not to have a bad rep. I might try these next time round on the "Celica" when the 208rr oems start giving me the shits.

discotex
20th October 2008, 09:19
Perhaps you should check out the Speed Triple forum at TriumphRat.net. The guys that are using them love em. I've got a set in the shed and looking forward to trying them.:msn-wink:

I couldn't find a bad word said about them doing a quick search. Look forward to hearing what you think.

It is indeed unusual for Bridgestones not to have a bad rep. I might try these next time round on the "Celica" when the 208rr oems start giving me the shits.

I'm on a Honda with Bridgestones so imagine the jibes :sweatdrop

pritch
20th October 2008, 09:25
I haven't tried the particular tyre mentioned. The Bridgestone 020s I had were fine in the dry but not at all good in the wet so I gave them the heave.
The Z6s are much better in this regard.

Previously when I had 020s the front tyre developed scallops(?) which limited the useful life.

When I used to read the Brit Hornet website, they rated the 014s with the proviso that they were lethal if you tried to ride in the wet on tyres that weren't scrubbed in.

There have been positive comments about Bridgestones in Brit magazines but that was when tested on a track and not what we use for roads in this country...

Owl
20th October 2008, 11:18
I couldn't find a bad word said about them doing a quick search. Look forward to hearing what you think.

Unfortunately mine won't be going on together. Front is due soon, but I have a new PR2 already on the rear.

discotex
20th October 2008, 12:12
Unfortunately mine won't be going on together. Front is due soon, but I have a new PR2 already on the rear.

Bummer! I've been thinking about the multi compound aspect and wonder how it'll affect the life of the set.

Normally people go through 3 rears for 2 fronts (or 2 rears/1 front) right.

Well if the front is a soft/medium compound and the rear is soft/medium/hard that means the front is medium in the middle and the rear is hard.

Wonder if that translates to them wearing down about the same rate?

Paulus
20th October 2008, 22:13
Weird - I had some OEM BT-015s on my R1 and they were shagged after 3000km - both front and rear - if anything the front went first. No track days just road use. They handled nicely and seemed pretty grippy on the road. I can usually get 6-7000km out of a front Pirelli Diablo and 4-5000km out of a rear. Got Pirellis back on it again.

discotex
20th October 2008, 22:22
Weird - I had some OEM BT-015s on my R1 and they were shagged after 3000km - both front and rear - if anything the front went first. No track days just road use. They handled nicely and seemed pretty grippy on the road. I can usually get 6-7000km out of a front Pirelli Diablo and 4-5000km out of a rear. Got Pirellis back on it again.

What pressure did you run?

I was pretty religious about running 36/42 unless I was going for a fang. Seemed to wear faster and handle like shit around town if I ran any lower.

At least half those km would be commuting.

I'm also suspicious that Bridgestone stuff around with the OEM tyres. The OEM 016 has less compounds than the non-OEM one. Stupid as they're basically two (if not more) different tyres with the same name.

Paulus
20th October 2008, 22:34
34/38. I almost always run that in the Pirellis and have no problems with premature wear. They chewed out on the edges not in the middle - they were right down to nothing after only 3000km - I've never seen anything like it.

discotex
20th October 2008, 22:45
34/38. I almost always run that in the Pirellis and have no problems with premature wear. They chewed out on the edges not in the middle - they were right down to nothing after only 3000km - I've never seen anything like it.

Wow... Totally the other end of what I experienced. That said they did chew up like mad on the track. Maybe I just don't get them hot enough on the road as I ride pace styles.

discotex
22nd October 2008, 17:19
Just adding some more links for anyone thinking of trying them.

http://www.rossifiles.com/2008/motogp-riders-try-new-bridgestone-road-tyre/

Capirossi:

I now need to get some for my own Suzuki GSX-R1000 which I use on the road!

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:e4qDJZo34UwJ:www.cycletorque.com.au/index.php%3Fid%3D210102100809E02D14910601CCA257434 00158CB0+bt-016+pressure&hl=en&client=firefox-a&gl=nz&strip=1

The pressure the Bridgestone technicians used was 2.3 Bars (about 34psi) front, and 2.2 bars (about 32psi) rear. This may of course change a little when riding on race circuits in Australia, but is a good starting point for riders at track days.

hondav2
22nd October 2008, 20:27
How much are Cycletreds chargin for them.

discotex
22nd October 2008, 21:45
How much are Cycletreds chargin for them.

List is about $600 (same as the PP 2CT). They did me a better deal tho so I'm sure they would for you.

hondav2
24th October 2008, 19:19
I have 5 pairs of BT 016, 180-55-17 X 120-70-17 for sale $469 pair plus $30 freight . If you live in Central Otago , Dunedin or Southland can work out a deal on freight. I also have several sets of BT021 Duel compound tires in 120-180 pairs $450 and 120-190 pairs $ $460 .

icekiwi
18th November 2008, 19:31
Getting the pp's changed for pc2's tommorrow and trackday on sat will tell me if i like them.....May get a Nana On Board sighn for the back of me leathers...

Cr1MiNaL
18th November 2008, 20:44
I have 5 pairs of BT 016, 180-55-17 X 120-70-17 for sale $469 pair plus $30 freight . If you live in Central Otago , Dunedin or Southland can work out a deal on freight. I also have several sets of BT021 Duel compound tires in 120-180 pairs $450 and 120-190 pairs $ $460 .

I hope your not serious, thats waaay too expensive.

Pussy
18th November 2008, 21:09

Are they OEM fitment tyres, or off the shelf type?

Cr1MiNaL
19th November 2008, 16:19
Are they OEM fitment tyres, or off the shelf type?

Was assuming they were used tires off some bike. Not bad if theyre brand new.

discotex
20th March 2009, 21:38
So after 8000km I figure it's worth an update.

Had two trackdays on these tyres and about 3-4000km of motorway commuting. I ride them fairly hard and they see WOT in first fairly often :devil2:

I think I've got about 1000km left before the rear will square off to the wear markers and the front probably has about 1500km left on the sides. I'm not going to find out as I'm getting new hoops tomorrow for the Honda trackday on Sunday.

I think even without the commuting I'd be getting similar life as the sides on the rear do wear down faster than the middle when doing a lot of twisty riding.

Pressures (cold) have mainly been:
34F/36-38R for street/open road
30F/32R for track

I've been very impressed by the stability of the front and the grip under power on the rear. Yes if you're on the track you might hit the limit of the rear grip but it lets go very predictably under power and only really if you roll on the the gas while still hard over.

I trail the front brake to the apex (on the track) and have never had any hint of them letting go. No pushing or anything. Clearly I could go faster ;)

One thing to watch is warm-up times (2 full laps of Taupo for full grip) so might not make the best winter tyres. Dunno as so far I've found the wet performance ok.... Anyway I'm switching to M3's over winter to give them a go and because they're reported to warm up really fast.

Would I buy the BT-016 again? Totally. They're fucking fantastic tyres for a sports bike.

Look forward to comparing to the M3's :yes:

Morcs
21st March 2009, 09:27
Look forward to comparing to the M3's :yes:

The M3 front tyre is the best front tyre ive ever used. Never used the rear though. Ive got a super slippery Z4 on my Fazer, thats actually quite fun :2thumbsup

Pussy
13th September 2009, 20:16
I've just changed my front tyre FROM a M3 to a BT016.
I love it! Nice profile, and holds a line nice on the road.
I found the M3 "tram tracked" a lot.
I'm even considering retiring the rear M3 early, and fitting a BT016 on the back

Cr1MiNaL
13th September 2009, 20:31
I've just changed my front tyre FROM a M3 to a BT016.
I love it! Nice profile, and holds a line nice on the road.
I found the M3 "tram tracked" a lot.
I'm even considering retiring the rear M3 early, and fitting a BT016 on the back

016's are the best tires I've used on the road. I gave my R6 death around the coro expecting it to push but it held very well. See what I did to it following DucatiHard in my profile pic! O.o Different story on the track though. Nice one!

Cr1MiNaL
16th September 2009, 23:10
I've got a set of 3 continental race attacks for sale. 2 almost new and one brand new rear. total of 2 rears and 1 front. Medium compound so great on road and excellent on the track. $550 ! thats less than a set!

Mort
18th September 2009, 17:55
I have them on my VFR750. They feel great on the road. I lent the bike to a mate to ride on 2 trackdays and he says they grip well too.

One thing I am a little surprised with is the wear rate on the rear. These tyres have only done about 3000km and the rear is almost shot. May get one more track day out of them... By comparison my Fireblade has done maybe 8000km with 4 track days on 2CTs with much less wear. Odd.

Owl
18th September 2009, 18:09
Shit, I've only done 200km on my BT-016 rear and it's already looking sad. Something tells me it ain't going to last too long, but its sure got some grip:D

Cr1MiNaL
18th September 2009, 19:04
Shit, I've only done 200km on my BT-016 rear and it's already looking sad. Something tells me it ain't going to last too long, but its sure got some grip:D

I have them on my VFR750. They feel great on the road. I lent the bike to a mate to ride on 2 trackdays and he says they grip well too.

One thing I am a little surprised with is the wear rate on the rear. These tyres have only done about 3000km and the rear is almost shot. May get one more track day out of them... By comparison my Fireblade has done maybe 8000km with 4 track days on 2CTs with much less wear. Odd.

They're good for 600's and bikes with less torque than the 1000'ds... they do wear fast but they've got 3 compounds soo.... not sure how it would be on a thou.

vifferman
18th September 2009, 19:15
While all you tyre experts are on here, can you tell me summat, please?
I've got Avon Storms on the VFR, and they're the best tyres I've ever ridden on. However, I replaced the front a few weeks ago (first time I've ever worn out a front before a rear), and the despite the rear having plenty of tread left, it tends to slide a bit if I crack the throttle in first or second on a tight corner. Do you think it's shagged (as in, run out of heat cycles)?

Trouble is, I wouldn't mind trying another brand/model of tyre sometime, but I want to replace them as a set, and don't want to throw away a perfectly good tyre if they're both not shagged.

Cr1MiNaL
18th September 2009, 19:24
While all you tyre experts are on here, can you tell me summat, please?
I've got Avon Storms on the VFR, and they're the best tyres I've ever ridden on. However, I replaced the front a few weeks ago (first time I've ever worn out a front before a rear), and the despite the rear having plenty of tread left, it tends to slide a bit if I crack the throttle in first or second on a tight corner. Do you think it's shagged (as in, run out of heat cycles)?

Trouble is, I wouldn't mind trying another brand/model of tyre sometime, but I want to replace them as a set, and don't want to throw away a perfectly good tyre if they're both not shagged.

Theyre shagged don't spend ya time worrying about what if... not worth it... take it from me a complete nub. U shd know better :oi-grr:

Ascott
23rd September 2009, 20:33
I have just changed from PP's to BT016's similar bike to "pussy" today I rode from Hami to Auck to Napier, a touch wet? hell yes! these tyres are the "donkey's doddle" I love 'em, on a par with the BT010's which imho were the best all round tyre for my riding and bike, and were fabulous in the wet! (I hated the 014's absolute crap tyre)
Al

Nonbeliever
24th September 2009, 10:57
I love 'em, on a par with the BT010's

on par with the 010?? so bridgestone havent moved on?? C'mon theyve gotta be an improvement.

mouldy
24th September 2009, 16:28
Righto , I have ridden on all of them , M3s PP2s 010s 014s 015s 016s but my favourite high performance street/trackday tyre is Pirelli Diablo Rosso .M3s give lots of feedback from the front , pPP2s are pretty good , loads of grip and better handling then PPs , 010s rocked in the rain but had a handling quirk when half leaned over , on the edge they were fine , crashed on 014s in the rain but I was trying to get pegs down , 015s were ok but slow steering , 016s are grippier and a little faster turning but Rossos are the ducks guts . Got Angels on now and wet weather grip is awesome which means I,ll probably crash on them in the rain too .

CTD
24th September 2009, 17:04
Righto , I have ridden on all of them , M3s PP2s 010s 014s 015s 016s but my favourite high performance street/trackday tyre is Pirelli Diablo Rosso .M3s give lots of feedback from the front , pPP2s are pretty good , loads of grip and better handling then PPs , 010s rocked in the rain but had a handling quirk when half leaned over , on the edge they were fine , crashed on 014s in the rain but I was trying to get pegs down , 015s were ok but slow steering , 016s are grippier and a little faster turning but Rossos are the ducks guts . Got Angels on now and wet weather grip is awesome which means I,ll probably crash on them in the rain too .

Im considering new rubber and currently run m3's (which I quite like) and it's down to 016's or the rosso's. I had heard the rosso is the newer improved m3, how correct this is I don't know but reading the rosso blurb pirelli use the same lingo as metz does for the m3.
why do you like the rosso over the 016?

mouldy
24th September 2009, 17:30
Im considering new rubber and currently run m3's (which I quite like) and it's down to 016's or the rosso's. I had heard the rosso is the newer improved m3, how correct this is I don't know but reading the rosso blurb pirelli use the same lingo as metz does for the m3.

Ok The Rosso turns faster , changes line easier and feels like you've got a lot of rubber on the road when cranked over , very confidence inspiring .

Pussy
24th September 2009, 19:08

Go for the BT 016. Lots better than the M3

Pussy
26th September 2009, 17:58
Got the pair of 016s on now... bloody primo!

cs363
26th September 2009, 18:17
Got the pair of 016s on now... bloody primo!

And that's high praise seeing as he had to be dragged kicking and screaming away from his previous Metzelers..... :laugh:

Pussy
26th September 2009, 19:01
And that's high praise seeing as he had to be dragged kicking and screaming away from his previous Metzelers..... :laugh:

Fair enough comment! I'll take that one on the chin. Love the feel of the sem fiddy with the BT 016s!

Owl
26th September 2009, 19:01

Just goes to show ya, he had no taste!:laugh:

Coldrider
26th September 2009, 19:06
Funny that, Ive been buying Briddgestione Battlaxs for 15 years, just got my first other brand, sportec M3 and they are brilliant, especially on wet SI West Coast Roads.

Pussy
26th September 2009, 19:19
Just goes to show ya, he had no taste!:laugh:

APART... from my impeccable taste in motorcycles!! :bleh:
You liking your 016s, Al?

Owl
26th September 2009, 19:35
APART... from my impeccable taste in motorcycles!! :bleh:
You liking your 016s, Al?

Yeah and one day I'll actually fit a set of tyres.

The front has done its day and has been replaced with a PP 2CT, but I've just put the rear BT-016 on.

I did like the front, but there's just something about the rear that's special. Something tells me it ain't going to last too long though!:whistle:

Coldrider
26th September 2009, 19:41
Something tells me it ain't going to last too long though!:whistle:Yep, that's a Bridgestone.
tell me why do battlaxs really scuff and tear up, while i've noticed the m3 stay relatively smooth.

Pussy
26th September 2009, 19:44
Yep, that's a Bridgestone.
tell me why do battlaxs really scuff and tear up, while i've noticed the m3 stay relatively smooth.

That's a characteristic of the M3.
Mine didn't last too long on my 750...probably NOT helped by the fact I'm 98kg!

boomer
26th September 2009, 19:52
That's a characteristic of the M3.
Mine didn't last too long on my 750...probably NOT helped by the fact I'm 98kg!

You bat fastard !

i've got M3's on the SDR, i did the loop on Sunday and not until now had i thought about the tyres...!

they were solid and i couldn't have asked for more, a good sign when you forget about whats holding you on the road huh?!

Enigma is a fan boi of the BT's

Pussy
26th September 2009, 19:57
You bat fastard !

It's all muscle! :bleh:
The BT 016s give a similar result on the sem fiddy

Coldrider
26th September 2009, 19:59
There is not much wrong with BTs, I can tell ya they aquaplane at 240 somethinks in a downpour where the rain is bouncing back off the road a metre high, just wear a tad quick at 4 to 4.5 thou ks, I had a bt 020 that lasted 8 thou, and it was as good as any of the stickies.

boomer
26th September 2009, 19:59
It's all muscle! :bleh:
The BT 016s give a similar result on the sem fiddy

its probably because teh 750 and teh duke dont put out that much HP that we ever notice the tyres huh?

:chase:

Pussy
26th September 2009, 20:16
its probably because teh 750 and teh duke dont put out that much HP that we ever notice the tyres huh?

:chase:

You probably got a good point, Dunc.
The sem fiddy is handling totally neutral now.... feels like it's reading my mind! It's a very flickable bike anyway, and feels moreso with the 016s

cs363
26th September 2009, 20:19
feels like it's reading my mind!

Not a lot of reading material there..... :dodge: :bleh:

:whistle:

Pussy
26th September 2009, 20:22
Not a lot of reading material there..... :dodge: :bleh:

:whistle:

Get a hairy dog up ya!

I'm SPESHUL

sinned
28th September 2009, 19:56
Sport Rider Tire Test Apr 2009 issue

Between these 8 tires here’s how they ranked (summary):

1st Michelin Pilot Power 2CT.....SR Rating 90.1
2nd Bridgestone BT-016............SR Rating 89.5
3rd Dunlop Qualifier................SR Rating 88.7
4th Pirelli Diablo Corsa III.........SR Rating 88.3
5th Metzler Sportec M3...........SR Rating 87.3
6th Avon VP2 Sport................SR Rating 86.5
7th Avon Viper Extreme............SR Rating 86.3
8th Continental ContiSport Attack..SR Rating 81.1

Pussy
28th September 2009, 20:08
Did about 600km on them the weekend just gone.... bike feels VERY planted.

cs363
28th September 2009, 20:16
Did about 600km on them the weekend just gone.... bike feels VERY planted.

See what that test says about the Michelins though Pussy? Backs up what I was saying yesterday about there not being much between them. probably just personal preference on the 'feel' (it's all in your head I'm telling you! :lol:) and I wouldn't be surprised if the Michelins get slightly better mileage, be good if some Pilot Power 2CT users chimed in at this point....

But either way, both good tyres IMHO

SixPackBack
28th September 2009, 20:32
See what that test says about the Michelins though Pussy? Backs up what I was saying yesterday about there not being much between them. probably just personal preference on the 'feel' (it's all in your head I'm telling you! :lol:) and I wouldn't be surprised if the Michelins get slightly better mileage, be good if some Pilot Power @CT users chimed in at this point....

16's have great feel, but mileage is abysmal. 2CT's last a good deal longer, even sport attacks last longer than 016's.

Owl
28th September 2009, 20:48
See what that test says about the Michelins though Pussy? Backs up what I was saying yesterday about there not being much between them. probably just personal preference on the 'feel' (it's all in your head I'm telling you! :lol:) and I wouldn't be surprised if the Michelins get slightly better mileage, be good if some Pilot Power @CT users chimed in at this point....

I got about 8500km out of 2 front Michelins and 7300km out of the BT-016 front.

Rear Michelins last me about 4500km. BT-016 still new, but I'm guessing 3000km, so time will tell.

cs363
28th September 2009, 20:54
I got about 8500km out of 2 front Michelins and 7300km out of the BT-016 front.

Rear Michelins last me about 4500km. BT-016 still new, but I'm guessing 3000km, so time will tell.

Mmm, yep that's about what I would have expected. (Pussy will probably get more mileage though the way he rides... :whistle:) :lol:

Cajun
28th September 2009, 20:57

2ct are not as good as normal PP i think, will be replacing the the tires on the ape to 016 i think, some stage shortly

cs363
28th September 2009, 21:02
2ct are not as good as normal PP i think, will be replacing the the tires on the ape to 016 i think, some stage shortly

In what way? Something substantive or are you referring more to that personal preference/'feel' issue that seems to plague motorcyclists when it comes to tyres?

Pussy
28th September 2009, 21:51
Mmm, yep that's about what I would have expected. (Pussy will probably get more mileage though the way he rides... :whistle:) :lol:

Yes.... very skilfully! :)
Seriously... they should last almost as well as the M3. I'm happy to accept a little less life out of the 016 for the awesome feel they have

cs363
28th September 2009, 22:00
Yes.... very skilfully! :)

I'll let you get away with seeing as you spent almost a whole hour thinking it up.... :bleh: :lol:

boomer
28th September 2009, 22:04
16's have great feel, but mileage is abysmal. 2CT's last a good deal longer, even sport attacks last longer than 016's.

not on my gixxer they didn't, i sold the 2ct's after one ride on 'em.. they sucked donkey balls...

Owl
28th September 2009, 22:24

If you're referring to mileage, they're basically the same!

not on my gixxer they didn't, i sold the 2ct's after one ride on 'em.. they sucked donkey balls...

Righto, I'll keep that in mind!:yawn:

hairydog
28th September 2009, 22:41
there the only tyre that worked on my bike gsxr 1100:2thumbsup

boomer
29th September 2009, 11:29
If you're referring to mileage, they're basically the same!

Righto, I'll keep that in mind!:yawn:

Ypu don't need to pay any attention, you keep ambling along on the rubber you like.

sinned
16th October 2009, 12:40
Fitted a BT016 to rear of the busa. Replaced the BT015 at 7250kms with about a 1000ks left on it. It will be interesting to see how I like this rubber and how it lasts.

Cajun
16th October 2009, 12:42
Fitted a BT016 to rear of the busa. Replaced the BT015 at 7250kms with about a 1000ks left on it. It will be interesting to see how I like this rubber and how it lasts.

yeah i have a set to fit to the aprilia also.

Cr1MiNaL
16th October 2009, 13:45

Another very informative post from Boom Buster.

Pussy
1st November 2009, 19:59
I'm loving the BT-016s!
Feels like they were custom designed for my bike :niceone:

Cajun
1st November 2009, 20:34
I'm loving the BT-016s!
Feels like they were custom designed for my bike :niceone:

yeah we done 900ish km on a set 016 on the aprilia and seam very good.

Pussy
1st November 2009, 20:41
They steer very neutral on the sem fiddy... the bike just does what you tell it to.
I like the comfort characteristic of them, too.
BT-016 will be the next set!

discotex
1st November 2009, 21:56
Looks like I'm prolly going back over summer unless I get talked into trying something new.

Must say the M3's have been great but I prefer the BT-016 overall (if wet weather and longivity aren't the main concerns).

Wondering how many days at Hampton Downs BT-016's will last though :eek:

Cr1MiNaL
1st November 2009, 22:11
Looks like I'm prolly going back over summer unless I get talked into trying something new.

Must say the M3's have been great but I prefer the BT-016 overall (if wet weather and longivity aren't the main concerns).

Wondering how many days at Hampton Downs BT-016's will last though :eek:

You should try the Conti race attacks... ive got a set for sale if you want?

madkiwi
2nd November 2009, 12:18
I got the 016 front and rear on SV1000, love them. Hope to get 5500 - 6000 out of the rear, at 4800 now, looks like i will only get aboutt he same from the front. Great how you can see definite lines of the different compounds, went up and down the Kaimai's last weekend (5.5 mins up and down with time to turn around and my mate with Camera to tell me we passed a cop on the way up, footage is great). Mate has pirelli's on a blade and edge of the 016 was definitly softer than the Pirelli's.

discotex
4th November 2009, 05:00
You should try the Conti race attacks... ive got a set for sale if you want?

Will drop ya a PM when I'm ready to chuck the M3's and see if ya still got em :)

Chrislost
4th November 2009, 07:46
The 016's are THE BEST road tyre available for a sports bike in nz.

However they are a mean road tyre you can take to the track, not a track tyre you can take to the road as the 003 is.
Mind you, most people couldnt outride an 016 even on the track...

CTD
4th November 2009, 11:03

how do they last compared to the m3?

Cr1MiNaL
4th November 2009, 13:43
The 016's are THE BEST road tyre available for a sports bike in nz.

However they are a mean road tyre you can take to the track, not a track tyre you can take to the road as the 003 is.

Well said buddy when it comes to tires I'd take your word for it! Although a mint tire I found that they wanted to highside me around Taupo turn one when on the gas... but that just might be me and my special needs as a race track rider.:scooter:

Gremlin
4th November 2009, 14:42
pffft, its easy. Show it a wet road :yes:

Grubber
4th November 2009, 14:54
See what that test says about the Michelins though Pussy? Backs up what I was saying yesterday about there not being much between them. probably just personal preference on the 'feel' (it's all in your head I'm telling you! :lol:) and I wouldn't be surprised if the Michelins get slightly better mileage, be good if some Pilot Power 2CT users chimed in at this point....

I have a set of the PP2ct on and did track at HD the other day. First 2 laps in the wet and 2 of us running 2ct's. We were catching back markers by the 3rd lap. Wondered where they came from???? I was able to circulate at a good pace in the wet without flinching. Thrashed them in the dry for the rest of the day and had no problems with them. I'll be buying another set very soon....specially after that little thrashing.

cs363
4th November 2009, 18:17
I have a set of the PP2ct on and did track at HD the other day. First 2 laps in the wet and 2 of us running 2ct's. We were catching back markers by the 3rd lap. Wondered where they came from???? I was able to circulate at a good pace in the wet without flinching. Thrashed them in the dry for the rest of the day and had no problems with them. I'll be buying another set very soon....specially after that little thrashing.

Doesn't surprise me at all, bloody good tyres the new generation Michelins (all of them) :)

discotex
4th November 2009, 21:42
how do they last compared to the m3?

Bearing on mind that I am a smooth rider and am therefore not too harsh on my tyres...

I've done two dry and one wet track day + 4000 commuting him on my M3's and they have at least another 2-4000km left in them. Can't remember how many I got from the 016's but I did a write-up if you look around..

The BT-016's won't last as long but they do have more (dry) grip. If you're hard on tyres they'll go in 4-6000 km easy.

So say 20% less life or so...

Vagabond
5th November 2009, 00:26
Bearing on mind that I am a smooth rider and am therefore not too harsh on my tyres...

I've done two dry and one wet track day + 4000 commuting him on my M3's and they have at least another 2-4000km left in them. Can't remember how many I got from the 016's but I did a write-up if you look around..

The BT-016's won't last as long but they do have more (dry) grip. If you're hard on tyres they'll go in 4-6000 km easy.

The 016's are great, I managed to kill a set in 2200km :mad:

CTD
5th November 2009, 18:47

oh great, my last set of m3 were well rooted by 4000km.

so %20 less mileage, how much more (dry) grip? (%)?

discotex
5th November 2009, 19:09
oh great, my last set of m3 were well rooted by 4000km.

so %20 less mileage, how much more (dry) grip? (%)?

Hard to tell.. It's that extra bit between spinning up the rear or not coming out of corners (on the track). The soft/med/hard compounds really work.

They track so true as well. Once you dial up your lean angle they are so stable compared to the M3's. They do turn in a little slower as a result but I don't mind that.

On a thou I think you'll shred them real fast. Best to try them though. They should last about the same as PP2ct from what I've heard and you might get lucky with your riding style.

Chrislost
5th November 2009, 21:25
pffft, its easy. Show it a wet road :yes:

You must be rough! I was getting my knee down in the wet on them!(track with tyrewarmers= cheating?)
they were mint untill the puddles started to get too big to doge

SixPackBack
6th November 2009, 05:52
You must be rough! I was getting my knee down in the wet on them!(track with tyrewarmers= cheating?)

Knee down action is directly proportional to the riders height and leg length, and as a consequence no measure of a tyres performance. Knee down for me is the bike at 15 degree to the horizontal:crybaby:

Chrislost
6th November 2009, 17:14
Knee down action is directly proportional to the riders height and leg length, and as a consequence no measure of a tyres performance. Knee down for me is the bike at 15 degree to the horizontal:crybaby:

Im a short(ish) coont on a CBR600...

I was using all but about 2cm on each side, pretty much the hard and med compounds...

Gremlin
7th November 2009, 01:48
I was doing 68kph in a wet corner, barely leaning, and the bike lowsided on me in such quick fashion I had but a brief moment of being in mid air and thinking this wasn't quite right.

Fact is, the tyres have bugger all grip unless they're at temperature (or near enough). On wet slippery roads, its impossible to get to, and keep the tyres at temperature... I found out the hard way. Not enough grooves for water dispersion either.

Maki
7th November 2009, 12:44
I was doing 68kph in a wet corner, barely leaning, and the bike lowsided on me in such quick fashion I had but a brief moment of being in mid air and thinking this wasn't quite right.

At least you had time to think about this while you were in "mid air". :eek5:

emaN
15th November 2009, 20:01
Looks like I'll be giving a set of 016s a go this summer.
Can't wait to have brand new rubber on the gixxer; been using 2nds 'til now, for which i've been very grateful, but am hanging out to find out what she's like with new shoes!

Pussy
15th November 2009, 20:09
Looks like I'll be giving a set of 016s a go this summer.
Can't wait to have brand new rubber on the gixxer; been using 2nds 'til now, for which i've been very grateful, but am hanging out to find out what she's like with new shoes!

You and your sem fiddy will love them! :niceone:

Cr1MiNaL
15th November 2009, 20:14
On another note Im running Pilot road 2's on the rear and theyre fantastic... The wear is bugger all and theyre grippy as even 2 up going hard! weeeoooowwweeee

MotoGirl
15th November 2009, 21:07
I've just taken the Race Attacks off the RSVR and replaced them with new 016's. These things are bloody awesome, definitely confidence inspiring, and they're the best thing I've ever had on the bike - well worth the $400!

Pussy
15th November 2009, 21:20
I've just taken the Race Attacks off the RSVR and replaced them with new 016's. These things are bloody awesome, definitely confidence inspiring, and they're the best thing I've ever had on the bike - well worth the $400!

I reckon they're the best tyres I've used too, Adele.
Love em!

Wasp27
16th November 2009, 04:45
I reckon they're the best tyres I've used too, Adele.
Love em!
The only problem I had the with earlier 015s was they wore out too quick. I wonder if that was a throttle problem on the 1000 :msn-wink: hmmmmm If the 016s are as good or maybe better then I'd be very tempted. I replaced the original Rear with a PR2 and am impressed with that.... very controllable and just doesn't seem to be wearing at anywhere near the rate of the 015. If your impressed with them Pussy then thats good enough for me ;-) cheers W

Movistar
16th November 2009, 16:47
I've had my set of 016's on for around 1200km's now - amazing!

Right from the start the grip was fantastic, great turn in, very comlpiant in terms of taking some harshness out of sharp edged bumps, they are supposed to produce less road noise but I still haven't figured that one out yet(!) and did I mention the grip!

Had one day at Hampton Downs with them and they're showing a distinct lack of chicken strips...
Tyres seem to be very prone to correct pressure here due to the abrasive nature of the surface, and you can easily see the different compound layers around the circumference of the rubber.

Great tyres.

emaN
17th November 2009, 20:24
You and your sem fiddy will love them! :niceone:
hehe, wondered if you'd spot that post of mine!

...and they're the best thing I've ever had on the bike - well worth the $400!
$400!? now we're talking!! where from Adele?

emaN
17th November 2009, 20:25
On another note Im running Pilot road 2's on the rear and theyre fantastic... The wear is bugger all and theyre grippy as even 2 up going hard! weeeoooowwweeee
An under-rated tyre methinks; I've got a Sport on the front of the RF, and a Road on the rear, and they've never stopped me "having fun" :shifty:
Been riding on Michelins for 5yrs mostly, so figured it'd be nice to try something else.

Cr1MiNaL
17th November 2009, 20:29
An under-rated tyre methinks; I've got a Sport on the front of the RF, and a Road on the rear, and they've never stopped me "having fun" :shifty:
Been riding on Michelins for 5yrs mostly, so figured it'd be nice to try something else.

my 2ct front is almost ready to be changed ,it will last another coro loop which is this weekend then will need another front. The rear is still like new with a bit of a flat spot due to the way I choose to ride. I prefer a softer front so that you can get the rear to break! However, the rear has not let go as yet even though I have tried. I will be keeping these tires for another round yet. Then will get the 016's again to see how they fare on a 1000cc.

MotoGirl
18th November 2009, 06:43
hehe, wondered if you'd spot that post of mine!

$400!? now we're talking!! where from Adele?

We were just lucky to score a set from Shaun Harris. It's all about being in the right place at the right time!

emaN
18th November 2009, 13:04
We were just lucky to score a set from Shaun Harris. It's all about being in the right place at the right time!
Good on yas!

dilz
20th November 2009, 04:54
my 2ct front is almost ready to be changed ,it will last another coro loop which is this weekend then will need another front. The rear is still like new with a bit of a flat spot due to the way I choose to ride. I prefer a softer front so that you can get the rear to break! However, the rear has not let go as yet even though I have tried. I will be keeping these tires for another round yet. Then will get the 016's again to see how they fare on a 1000cc.

yo tiger man,is the flatspot in the center due to minamal lean angle?i wouldnt be braging about that!
cant get the rear to spin on an r1? cummon mate,you mustn be twisting that thingy in ya right hand...or are you:shifty: ha ha

woo9
12th January 2010, 11:20
where can i get a good price for a set of BT016?

Pussy
12th January 2010, 15:33
where can i get a good price for a set of BT016?
If you were in New Plymouth, I would suggest New Plymouth Motorcycles.
I'm still VERY happy with the 016s... I'll probably wear the front out before the rear

spajohn
26th January 2010, 15:29
I had the stock BT-016 on my K1200R (purchased when I lived in Sydney). The rear did about 9000kms, mostly in Aus, including 4 track days and a long ride (2000kms) Sydney-Melbourne return along the coast road, though the tyre was pretty well shagged by the time I moved back to NZ and changed it. The bike is now at approx 14,500kms and the guys at Mount Motorcycles have suggested new tyres front and rear and couldn't say enough good things about the M3's. I'm a 90kg guy and wouldn't describe my riding as particularly aggressive.

NZsarge
26th January 2010, 15:44

Goes well but not for long enough eh....

Maki
25th March 2010, 22:51
I had the stock BT-016 on my K1200R (purchased when I lived in Sydney). The rear did about 9000kms, mostly in Aus, including 4 track days and a long ride (2000kms) Sydney-Melbourne return along the coast road, though the tyre was pretty well shagged by the time I moved back to NZ and changed it. The bike is now at approx 14,500kms and the guys at Mount Motorcycles have suggested new tyres front and rear and couldn't say enough good things about the M3's. I'm a 90kg guy and wouldn't describe my riding as particularly aggressive.

You have got to be kidding. I have 6000kms on mine and they are knackered, back more worn than the front. Loved the tyres though, no complaints apart from them not lasting very long...

spajohn
26th March 2010, 08:02
You have got to be kidding. I have 6000kms on mine and they are knackered, back more worn than the front. Loved the tyres though, no complaints apart from them not lasting very long...

The conclusion I came to is that the concrete slab roads in Aus, particularly Sydney, cause less wear. It could have been changed a bit earlier but at 6000kms it still had plenty left.

SPP
26th March 2010, 11:30
If you were in New Plymouth, I would suggest New Plymouth Motorcycles.
I'm still VERY happy with the 016s... I'll probably wear the front out before the rear

In Auckland, try Drury Tyres or Cycletreads.

Put BT016 on mine after PP2CT. They're just about ready to change out. Front gone before the rear on mine too. Really really good tyre! Won't last as long as PP2CTs but feel nicer.

Am going to buy again (…or Q2 or Power Pure)

Pussy
26th March 2010, 15:54
Am going to buy again (…or Q2 or Power Pure)

We must think alike. I love the 016s... my front one is pretty toasted... but I think I'll buy another. I felt I "got my bike back" when I put the 016s on. Perfect tyre for the GSX-R750.
In saying that, I would be VERY interested to hear how the Q2s and Power Pures go...

SPP
26th March 2010, 19:57
... but I think I'll buy another. I felt I "got my bike back" when I put the 016s on. Perfect tyre for the GSX-R750.
In saying that, I would be VERY interested to hear how the Q2s and Power Pures go... .

Too right! Happily buy again.

However, Q2 sound like the dogs danglies...
"But as for now, there’s no doubt Dunlop has set a new standard for street-based sportbike tires with the Sportmax Q2. The outright performance really is simply staggering! Maybe they should have just named it the Dunlop Sportmax Benchmark" M-USA test June 2009

R1 on Q2 'street' tyres

CTD
30th April 2010, 10:51
I have the Q2's on my blade and they are great ,but do not last. My rear is done at 2200km

slofox
30th April 2010, 12:09
My new bike - (gixxer sixxer, collecting next week) - has 016's on it. There's 9000km on the clock and the tyres are way less worn than the PR2's on the current SV They felt OK on the test ride but that was a pretty gentle pootle on account of the $3000 insurance excess I signed up for before testing...

I certainly enjoyed the PR2's on the SV and found them stable and long wearing, although the fronts almost always scalloped before the rears were stuffed.

Interested to read this thread since I have no previous experience on Bridgestones. Will see how they go...

dipshit
30th April 2010, 14:27
My new bike - (gixxer sixxer, collecting next week) - has 016's on it. There's 9000km on the clock

The standard 016's that come on a new GSXR are a different set of compounds than an off the shelf 016.

And I would be surprised if that is still the original 016 on the rear of your 600 if it still has more mileage in the yet, as mine was toast and replaced at 5600 km

slofox
30th April 2010, 15:11
The standard 016's that come on a new GSXR are a different set of compounds than an off the shelf 016.

And I would be surprised if that is still the original 016 on the rear of your 600 if it still has more mileage in the yet, as mine was toast and replaced at 5600 km

Thanks for that dip. Can you enlarge upon just what the compounds are on the OEM tyres?

Actually I don't think this bike has been ridden very hard - the chicken strips are wider than mine and THAT is saying something!

dipshit
30th April 2010, 15:48
Can you enlarge upon just what the compounds are on the OEM tyres?

i.e... http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/402/37/Motorcycle-Article/Bridgestone-Battlax-BT-016-Hypersport.aspx

If it has a 'M' after the Battlax BT016r then it is the standard fitted tyre on the 600.

slofox
30th April 2010, 18:37
i.e... http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/402/37/Motorcycle-Article/Bridgestone-Battlax-BT-016-Hypersport.aspx

If it has a 'M' after the Battlax BT016r then it is the standard fitted tyre on the 600.

Mucho Gracias senor...

300weatherby
30th April 2010, 21:45
I ride a Busa in the real world and race a 675 on the track- I put Bridgestones on my Busa, the 016 on the rear and a 003 on the front- The Busa on standard suspension with road settings and standard brakes will do low1: 40's round Ruapuna,dragging the knee,the toe,the engine case and the mufflers around all the corners (including the dipper) - as long as you are progressive not greedy on the throttle the Bridgestone just keeps hanging on and lets you drive out strong,( I take the Busa on the track just for a giggle sometimes ) I trust them enough to go around the outside of R1's and Gixxer thou road riders ect at practice days and fun type track days, the 003 up front slides a little on a Busa ( won't happen on a shorter lighter bike ), but it happens early, progressively and doesn't give nasty suprises- the feel and control is great- I am going to try them on my 675 as a track tyre for winter bears racing and save my Dunlops for warmer weather- The people that slag Bridgestones off, maybe wanna look at their riding, it's a poor workman blames his tools....

I rate them, am convinced they are nearly as good as sliced bread!

R1 Nutter
9th May 2010, 23:55
Yeah, couldn't agree more. Same story, got talked into t hem by Cycletreads. Had the 016 on my R6 and it would never move off the line and had it right over to the edge. A friend on his 1200 Kawa is equally impressed. I went from Metzler M1's and they were crap on the R6. Even in a straight line they'd let go at an unexpected moment. In my experience the Metzlers on our cold roads don't go well. I've had the M3 on my R6 too and found the same problem. Went to Corsa 3 and was amazed but still rate the 016 up there with the Corsa. Am now considering the Corso Rosso on the R1, anyone had any experience with these? Or how bout the 016 on an R1, anyone??

sinned
26th June 2010, 19:27
I replaced the BT015 on rear of Busa at 7250kms with a BT016 and at 14000kms (8000kms this tyre) it has plenty of life left in it. I don't get a lot of time for hard cornering in but found when I do the sides wear/melt quickly. With my riding the BT016 is not flattening in the center which occurred on the previous 2 bikes I had in similar riding conditions on Avon Storms. So the hard center in the BT016 seems to be working. The front BT015 is at the wear markers so I will soon be replacing both tyres.
I have been very pleased with the BT016 but am thinking I may get similar performance and better distance out of a set of Pirelli Angels or the new BT023 if they are available?

Has anyone got Angels or the new BT023 on a Busa or other big bike and can report on non track use?

Reading about BT023
http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_1005_bridgestone_introduces_new_battlax_bt_023 _sport_touring_tire/index.html
http://www.visordown.com/product-news/bridgestone-bt-023-tyre-tested/10045.html
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/402/6841/Motorcycle-Article/Bridgestone-BT-023-Tire-Review.aspx
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Products/productsresults/Tyres/2010/April/apr1510-new-bridgestone-bt-023-impresses/

Pirelli Angel
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/402/4716/Motorcycle-Article/Pirelli-Angel-ST-Tire-Review.aspx

sinned
21st July 2010, 20:02
Since I put the BT016 on the rear I have recorded the rate of wear. Interesting that both the BT015 and BT016 would have done the same distance on the center of the rear.
I replaced the first rear tyre about 1000kms early in preparation for a long ride and that was 1000kms less than what I got out of the BT016. However the sides of the BT016 have worn much more than the BT015; a few corners melt the sides. The result is little squaring of the rear until the last few hundred kms.

I got 8300kms on the rear and 15500kms on the front. The busa is easy on front tyres; or it could be my quiet style of riding :innocent:. Anyway as soon as the Angels arrive they will be going on front and rear.

I have attached my tyre wear record.

Stylo
6th August 2010, 19:00
Since I put the BT016 on the rear I have recorded the rate of wear. Interesting that both the BT015 and BT016 would have done the same distance on the center of the rear.
I replaced the first rear tyre about 1000kms early in preparation for a long ride and that was 1000kms less than what I got out of the BT016. However the sides of the BT016 have worn much more than the BT015; a few corners melt the sides. The result is little squaring of the rear until the last few hundred kms.

I got 8300kms on the rear and 15500kms on the front. The busa is easy on front tyres; or it could be my quiet style of riding :innocent:. Anyway as soon as the Angels arrive they will be going on front and rear.

Sinned, much appreciated information ...be interested in how the Angels go mate . Nice to hear about the tyre pressure thing too from this forum.

I'm only a humble country boy with a 200 +hp Hayabusa in the shed , makes a change from the tractor I guess.....all good

sinned
26th March 2011, 17:03
I have just replaced the Angel on the rear with a BT016. The previous tyre was a BT016 and I decided to try out the Angel - "thinking I may get better distance out of a set of Pirelli Angels". Well I got around the standard 8000kms that is now my measure of tyre life on 3 motorcycles and a number of different tyres.

This caused me to think why this is and how important is the choice of tyre? Different riders and roads make most of the difference in tyre wear - not a stunning conclusion. However, what makes a difference for me is the need to ride for 38kms on SH2 until I meet up with anything the could described as a decent corner. This is very different to the Upper Hutt sports bike rider who goes back and forth over the Rimutaka Hill a few times each weekend. So most of my tyre wear is going to be in the centre and while the BT016 tends to melt on the sides with a run over the hill, that is not what determines tyre life for me and my Busa.

Back to the Perilli Angel: It wore out in the centre at the same distance as previous tyres including the BT016. However, it squared off more than the BT016 and this loss of shape has been noticeable for the last 2000kms. Another factor with the Angels is how they go bad as reported by Hitcher (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/125932-When-Angels-go-bad?highlight=angels+bad). This loss of rubber and appearance of carcass when the tread depth seems okay was beginning to concern me. Then just when I was about to change the tyre a nail confirmed the need to change.

A thought is that the soft and fast wearing rubber on the mid area and edges of the BT016 may be what helps the tyre to maintain shape as it wears out.

This review and link (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/132721-Tyre-review) to another test of the BT016 confirmed my decision.

If I have a small concern it lies in Gremlin's post as I did have the last BT016 spin up on a slightly damp Rimutaka corner - at the time I put that down to a bit of oil in the mix.

Fact is, the tyres have bugger all grip unless they're at temperature (or near enough). On wet slippery roads, its impossible to get to, and keep the tyres at temperature... I found out the hard way. Not enough grooves for water dispersion either.

I replaced the BT015 on rear of Busa at 7250kms with a BT016 and at 14000kms (8000kms this tyre) it has plenty of life left in it. I don't get a lot of time for hard cornering in but found when I do the sides wear/melt quickly. With my riding the BT016 is not flattening in the center which occurred on the previous 2 bikes I had in similar riding conditions on Avon Storms. So the hard center in the BT016 seems to be working. The front BT015 is at the wear markers so I will soon be replacing both tyres.
I have been very pleased with the BT016 but am thinking I may get similar performance and better distance out of a set of Pirelli Angels or the new BT023 if they are available?

Has anyone got Angels or the new BT023 on a Busa or other big bike and can report on non track use?

Reading about BT023
http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_1005_bridgestone_introduces_new_battlax_bt_023 _sport_touring_tire/index.html
http://www.visordown.com/product-news/bridgestone-bt-023-tyre-tested/10045.html
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/402/6841/Motorcycle-Article/Bridgestone-BT-023-Tire-Review.aspx
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Products/productsresults/Tyres/2010/April/apr1510-new-bridgestone-bt-023-impresses/

Pirelli Angel
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/402/4716/Motorcycle-Article/Pirelli-Angel-ST-Tire-Review.aspx

slofox
26th March 2011, 17:51
Thanks for an interesting and informative post.

I've run through two sets of 016's and am pretty happy with the way they perform. I'm not surprised that the review cited the quick warm up time - this is something I notice too.

I have spun the back up once on a wet piece of shiny tar but I did try to get it to let go and succeeded. Nothing too dramatic though - quite docile when it happened.

Had a couple of minor slides over the summer but again, nothing dramatic. I'm a little surprised that Gremlin had the experience that you cited in your post. But then he probably rides with a little more ardour than I do (which wouldn't be hard to do...).

I'd still use them, any time.

Gremlin
26th March 2011, 22:54
I ran out a set of Angels on the KTM as well... in my opinion, muuuch better than the BT016 (which I couldn't get off the bike fast enough).

Wet weather grip with the Angel was so impressive, I never found the edge of traction, which in itself is a little alarming (I don't like finding out suddenly). Little over the limit, state highway, middle of the night, pissing with rain, and barely a murmour from the Angels. Performance, extremely happy.

The downside (and its been stated in other threads) of the Angels is life. It replaces the Diablo Strada, a sport touring tyre, and there is no way the Angels should be called a sport touring tyre. I got about 8000km from a set on a 100hp supermoto.

Can't comment on the BT016 life. Their dry grip was excellent, but I removed them as soon as my preferred tyres were back in stock (1000km used on the BT016).

LBD
27th March 2011, 03:21
I would not fit anything but BT016's to the S4Rs transformed the biike handling to something magic.
Had the rear let go on a wet tar snake when overtaking but then most tires would.
Pegs down no worries.
6500km from the rear the front had a bit left....the shoulders were shredded.

Latte
2nd April 2011, 19:56
+1 on the shoulders , front is dead after 5k, 0mm on the sides , and still 1.6-1.7 in the middle. I do 50/50 motorway commute and weekend riding, and have done 4 track days.

The rear was replaced later on (bit over 3k maybe), and although still has some life left in it, it's still got more in the middle than the sides.

Grip seems good for my limited experience, would like to try the pures for comparison as others have raved about them, but happy to throw another set of these on depending on the deals out there.