PDA

View Full Version : George Thorogood concert

toads
1st February 2005, 14:04
How gutted I am that his only concerts in NZ are mid week, I was seriously thinking of going to either wellington or Auckland to see him perform, but there's no way we will be able to swing it with kids,work etc, how many of you lucky people will be going I wonder?

White trash
1st February 2005, 14:25
Not me. Don't reckon he's much of a "blues man" at all.

Sorry.

pete376403
1st February 2005, 14:27
just good loud rawk'n'roll. I'm going, #1 son giving me a couple of tickets for birthday pressy.

Paul in NZ
1st February 2005, 14:28
Well I'm not much of a fan but I'll bet it would be a shit hot concert...

Paul N

Drunken Monkey
1st February 2005, 14:29
Not proud to admit it, but I went to see the G.T. and Carlos Santana combined gig in Aucks several years ago.

Even worse = I liked it.

Hitcher
1st February 2005, 14:34
Mid-week only? That's bbbbbbbad.

Paul in NZ
1st February 2005, 14:40
Mid-week only? That's bbbbbbbad.

:killingme

Sad aint it. His fans are all aging (like me) and can't handle a late night mid week... 30 years ago we would have gone anyway... God I hate being old...

Paul N

Hitcher
1st February 2005, 14:45
Sad aint it. His fans are all aging (like me) and can't handle a late night mid week... 30 years ago we would have gone anyway... God I hate being old...
It's chronic when your lumbago gyps you in the mush pit...

inlinefour
1st February 2005, 14:56
How gutted I am that his only concerts in NZ are mid week, I was seriously thinking of going to either wellington or Auckland to see him perform, but there's no way we will be able to swing it with kids,work etc, how many of you lucky people will be going I wonder?

I'm even sadder that he is not coming to the naki. I would have taken the day off had he been. :2thumbsup

Motu
1st February 2005, 15:47
All good shit 12 bar blues,base lines even a dipshit like me can get their fingers around.

Blakamin
1st February 2005, 15:56
I'm goin... probably the only big act to come to welly for the next year...

toads
1st February 2005, 17:03
:killingme

Paul N

Oi, speak for yourself!, I am not worried about the late night more the fact it means we need to spend a few nights away and also find someone to take the kids to and from school etc for those days. Were it the weekend it would be way easier, aging does suck though, so does the strangle hold finances have on a person, and the time thing, life just gets more and more complicated as you get older, being a responsible pillar of society definately has it's down side!

MOTOXXX
1st February 2005, 17:09
who? :shake:

Paul in NZ
1st February 2005, 17:49
Oi, speak for yourself!, I am not worried about the late night more the fact it means we need to spend a few nights away and also find someone to take the kids to and from school etc for those days. Were it the weekend it would be way easier, aging does suck though, so does the strangle hold finances have on a person, and the time thing, life just gets more and more complicated as you get older, being a responsible pillar of society definately has it's down side!

We are a ways outa town but would put you up gladly if it helps?

Paul N