PDA

View Full Version : New Bucket Website

Skunk
21st October 2008, 10:32
The plan is for it to be a central site for all Bucket Racing in the country.

It's a portal - no forums or anything. Somewhere for people to find the local sites or contacts if they want to get into Buckteering. No plan to replace regional sites at all.

We want to add links to regional sites, listings of events everywhere in the country and random photos.
This can be one place to direct people to when they say 'what's Bucket Racing?'

Hopefully a few tips and tricks from the pros to help as well.

I've put a few links to club sites on there, and a few events. If you have more let me know. If you're the club Prez of Secretary then Register.

I've only registered it for a year so if it's not used I'll take it down.

http://www.bucketracing.co.nz/

Comments welcome too - knowing you lot I'll ignore them :lol:

TZ350
21st October 2008, 13:22
Thats a great idea, very profesional looking site. :woohoo:

nudemetalz
21st October 2008, 14:01
Yes Skunk has done an awesome job of it !! :clap:

all4A50s
21st October 2008, 16:38
As per my application can it be developed so their is a resource part Skunk?

Kendog
21st October 2008, 16:53
That is an excellent site, thanks for putting in the time to create it :2thumbsup

Slingshot
21st October 2008, 17:21
I think it looks like shit :jerry:

Just kidding, nice one Skunk. The key will be keeping it up to date with events etc...so you guys, make sure you're letting Skunk know what's going on.

Buckets4Me
21st October 2008, 17:58
looks good looks good
I have heeps of photo's for you

most are up here at Mt wellie (F5Daves least favorit track)

and some of Taupo
will soon have some at Taumarunui soon
:scooter:

glice
21st October 2008, 18:42
very cool, and should be pretty handy dandy.

SHELRACING
21st October 2008, 20:07
Looks great Skunk.

Added to our favourites. will keep watching

:2thumbsup

Skunk
21st October 2008, 20:14
As per my application can it be developed so their is a resource part Skunk?
Maybe - I'm in two minds about that. I think the best resources are fellow Bucketeers. Forums such as this help in that regard (and I don't think setting up another one is in the best interests of anyone) and other than that the local racers have a fair idea of what works at their track - hence the links to local groups.

Skunk
21st October 2008, 20:28
Looks great Skunk.

Added to our favourites. will keep watching

:2thumbsup
Register and add the Taumarunui events and contacts. Or just email them to me and I'll put them up.

Buckets4Me
21st October 2008, 20:52
Maybe - I'm in two minds about that. I think the best resources are fellow Bucketeers. Forums such as this help in that regard (and I don't think setting up another one is in the best interests of anyone) and other than that the local racers have a fair idea of what works at their track - hence the links to local groups.

you have TradeMe what other resources do you need

F5 Dave
22nd October 2008, 17:04
. . .
most are up here at Mt wellie (F5Daves least favorit track) . . .

It's not my least favourite track. In some ways I'd rate it better than the Slipway.

But it's far & away better than Waipawa.

Still, you run where you have.

Number One
22nd October 2008, 17:17
I think the best resources are fellow Bucketeers. Forums such as this help in that regard (and I don't think setting up another one is in the best interests of anyone) and other than that the local racers have a fair idea of what works at their track - hence the links to local groups.
I concur...

and umm I know you gonna slap me (but you know I like that anyway) but...I managed to delete the PM you sent me with my registration details....:innocent:

Can you perhaps give those to me again...purdy please? Promise I will be good and not flood the site with dirty boy or girl pics :lol:

Skunk
22nd October 2008, 18:37
I concur...

and umm I know you gonna slap me (but you know I like that anyway) but...I managed to delete the PM you sent me with my registration details....:innocent:

Can you perhaps give those to me again...purdy please? Promise I will be good and not flood the site with dirty boy or girl pics :lol:
You silly woman. These are your details:

Username: Monster Girl
Password: 111111

Yeah right.

I'll send you another email...

Number One
22nd October 2008, 20:58
You silly woman. These are your details:

Username: Monster Girl
Password: 111111

Yeah right.

I'll send you another email...
:rofl: darned short attention span!!! :bleh:

Thanks unkie Skunk :hug:

Skunk
31st October 2008, 13:10
I've made changes (fixes) to a few things. The Registration page should now work on Internet Exploder.
Also fixed a couple of permission things (too much security rather than not enough). Anything you put up should now remain yours to edit.
I've given permission to edit pics that were put up by me to the person in the photo (if registered). You can edit or delete it if you wish. Let me know any issues with this (I can't test it as I have no access to passwords as a security thing. If I can't get them - no one can.)

F5 Dave
31st October 2008, 13:28
okay, why are some of the pics that flash up on the sidebar not in the gallery? There's a couple of good ones I'd like to see bigga.

Skunk
31st October 2008, 13:35
They're meant to be decoration.
They have to be added to the gallery separately to show up there.
I'll make them display bigger for you 'cos you're 'sphecial'.
Done. How's that?

F5 Dave
31st October 2008, 14:00
kewl. Now I can see the Bayden bike to bed joke.::

quallman1234
6th November 2008, 13:57
What Database are you using?

MYSQL?

Skunk
6th November 2008, 18:02
What Database are you using?

A free one, why?

quallman1234
6th November 2008, 18:18
A free one, why?

Just wondering :).

Skunk
14th November 2008, 21:42
For sale section (http://www.bucketracing.co.nz/index.php?pg=sale) added to the site. If you've got Bucket bits in your garage you can list them here.

Skunk
26th June 2009, 10:31
Well, the domain is coming up for renewal. Going by the response to the news on the site and the difficultly in getting the results...

Read more on the site if you're interested.

Kendog
26th June 2009, 13:15
Well, the domain is coming up for renewal. Going by the response to the news on the site and the difficultly in getting the results...

Read more on the site if you're interested.

How much is it?

F5 Dave
26th June 2009, 14:57
Do we KB buy it?

quallman1234
26th June 2009, 16:23
Nevermind then :).

koba
26th June 2009, 16:27
yeah, what's it worth?

Skunk
26th June 2009, 17:19
Wrong end of the stick guys. The money side is cheap as chips $39.95 and I host it at home.

The issue is my time hassling for the info to put on it. Events, results, FAQ's whatever. I spend a couple of hours a week looking, and end up with nothing... and the numbers visiting is low. The little number at the bottom of the page is the unique visits since it started. This month it's 462 visits. Is it worth MY time for the hassle, for so few?

I opened it up to everyone to put what they like on it and those that did posted pictures... No info, help or anything like that - which what I'd like to see there. Fishie has added to the For Sale bit. That's it really. That's the main reason I removed all the users (did you notice?). This isn't a cry-baby whinge... just the facts. Seems you guys want it, but I'm not made of time :laugh:

ajturbo
26th June 2009, 17:54
i tried to put something on it.. but i could find where or how to do it.. and i didn't want to bother you.. i was pissed off cause i couldn't work it out....
not your fault skunk.. but did i read it wrong?

Trudes
26th June 2009, 18:25
i tried to put something on it.. but i could find where or how to do it.. and i didn't want to bother you.. i was pissed off cause i couldn't work it out....
not your fault skunk.. but did i read it wrong?

I'm with ya there. I tried to add something once but couldn't figure out how to, and didn't bother you Skunk cause didn't think it was that important, just would've if I could've.
What results are you after?

Kendog
26th June 2009, 19:28
I think the site is a good idea, especially for those new to the sport (and as a place to promote the sport)

What other content are you thinking should be in there?
Do the other areas load their own race results?

Pumba
26th June 2009, 19:32
I am as guilty as the next guy for not utilising the utility.

But for what it is worth I have had about 4 people enquireing about buckets in Auckland via the site that were gratefull for the first point of contact without having to sign up to of forum such as this (possibly not needed if the AMCC website was not so pitifull and confusing).

I dont know, its a handy resource but your right its hardly worth your time to maintain it skunk.

Skunk
26th June 2009, 19:36
I'm with ya there. I tried to add something once but couldn't figure out how to, and didn't bother you Skunk cause didn't think it was that important, just would've if I could've.
What results are you after?
:laugh: I find that question funny because the answer is on the Bucket website... :laugh: <--- Note: Skunk's wrong here :stupid:

Round 3 Kaitoke. Last event at Roys Hill. Anything from Auckland at all. South Island (anything from anywhere).

If you have something to go on it - send it to me. Could you not log in or not add stuff?

Skunk
26th June 2009, 19:37
What other content are you thinking should be in there?
Do the other areas load their own race results?
Anything you think would be of use to a noob or expert. I put all the results on there. First I hunt them down and kill them. Roast them slowly so they remain tender then post them up.

Kendog
26th June 2009, 19:41
Anything you think would be of use to a noob or expert. I put all the results on there. First I hunt them down and kill them. Roast them slowly so they remain tender then post them up.

"Pin it to win it"

"Most bins wins"

That kind of stuff?

Kendog
26th June 2009, 19:45
Round 3 Kaitoke.

I think it's already there, but it just has 'Round 2' in the name (it was the second round at Kaitoke, but it is round three overall)

Skunk
26th June 2009, 19:51
I think it's already there, but it just has 'Round 2' in the name (it was the second round at Kaitoke, but it is round three overall)
OK - I need Wellington Round 2.

koba
26th June 2009, 20:09
Wrong end of the stick guys. The money side is cheap as chips $39.95 and I host it at home.

The issue is my time hassling for the info to put on it. Events, results, FAQ's whatever. I spend a couple of hours a week looking, and end up with nothing... and the numbers visiting is low. The little number at the bottom of the page is the unique visits since it started. This month it's 462 visits. Is it worth MY time for the hassle, for so few?

I opened it up to everyone to put what they like on it and those that did posted pictures... No info, help or anything like that - which what I'd like to see there. Fishie has added to the For Sale bit. That's it really. That's the main reason I removed all the users (did you notice?). This isn't a cry-baby whinge... just the facts. Seems you guys want it, but I'm not made of time :laugh:

Good call letting us all know what the deal is.

Could you cut and paste the bucket list on here?
If you think it is worth putting on that is...

Kendog
26th June 2009, 20:20
OK - I need Wellington Round 2.

No you don't, it's already there as well.
I think we have had three points rounds and all three rounds are already posted on the site.

You are that good :done:

Buckets4Me
26th June 2009, 21:35
I put a wanted add up dos that help

Pumba
26th June 2009, 21:42
I put a wanted add up dos that help

What, a wanted add for some skill and ability:jerry:

Skunk
27th June 2009, 00:11
Could you cut and paste the bucket list on here?
If you think it is worth putting on that is...Yep. You were going to tell me when you thought it was complete enough. :confused:

No you don't, it's already there as well.
I think we have had three points rounds and all three rounds are already posted on the site.:stupid: Never reply on the notes... go to the site. :mellow:

I put a wanted add up does that helpNot quite the content I'm looking for but OK... Are you planning a spectacular crash soon?

Skunk
27th June 2009, 00:17
Fixed it. That's one reason I was fucking myself up.

Buckets4Me
27th June 2009, 08:09
What, a wanted add for some skill and ability:jerry:

ye I dont have that much money

koba
27th June 2009, 12:16
Yep. You were going to tell me when you thought it was complete enough. :confused:

ahh right!
I'm having memory issues!
Sweet, it should be all good to go, maybe trim the frames bit off it tho.

ajturbo
27th June 2009, 15:46
ahh right!
I'm having memory issues!
Sweet, it should be all good to go, maybe trim the frames bit off it tho.
don't think he can trim any more off his ZIMMER frame.....

Sketchy_Racer
27th June 2009, 23:57

That's no way to talk about Skunks bucket...
:dodge:

Skunk
28th June 2009, 01:01

That's no way to talk about Skunks bucket...
:dodge:

Don't need to trim it. It's light enough. Unlike some of those porky Suzuki/Hondas...

Buckets4Me
28th June 2009, 09:43
Don't need to trim it. It's light enough. Unlike some of those porky Suzuki/Hondas...

Ye I agree 72 kg is just to much weight to haul around
so time to put the bucket back on a diet :innocent:

Skunk
28th June 2009, 11:43
Try 90+kg for Sketchy's. My steel frame is 79kg.
And 20hp. (Yeah, right.)

Sketchy_Racer
28th June 2009, 19:57
Try 90+kg for Sketchy's. My steel frame is 79kg.
And 20hp. (Yeah, right.)

Piss off, It's only around the 86 mark. And it actually does make very close to 20HP

Oh and i've seen twigs stronger than your steel frame! :2guns:
:laugh:

nudemetalz
29th June 2009, 10:17
bitch-slapping time, huh...

Skunk
3rd July 2009, 11:51
I've added the Bucket List (http://www.bucketracing.co.nz/bucketlist.php) of Kobas to the Bucket website.

Skunk
17th July 2009, 19:55
For those of you with A. Graham Bell's book I have added the pipe calculator (http://www.bucketracing.co.nz/pipe.php) from his book to the site. Your need the book to lookup the Tables to get some of the info but the rest is done for you.

ajturbo
17th July 2009, 20:21
think i put in a wrong number some where... hahahahah

exhaust port duration 7890
engine rpm for peak power 8000
exhaust port diameter 22
exhaust flange diameter 12

Tuned length: 41960
Header length: 110
Exhaust port diameter: 22
Exhaust flange diameter: 12
Header end diameter: 12
Length of Diffuser: -9.7990672370303E+16
Mid section diameter: 0
Length of Midsection: 9.7990672370345E+16
Length of Baffle: 0
Length of Stinger: 0
Diameter of Stinger: 0

ajturbo
17th July 2009, 20:22
thanks!!!!

koba
17th July 2009, 20:46
think i put in a wrong number some where... hahahahah

exhaust port duration 7890

Dork!

tenchar

Skunk
18th July 2009, 11:24
Womble... This is more like it (for a modified RD400)

Result:
exhaust port duration 187
engine rpm for peak power 8500
exhaust port diameter 39
exhaust flange diameter 40

Tuned length: 936
Header length: 312
Exhaust port diameter: 39
Exhaust flange diameter: 40
Header end diameter: 56
Length of Diffuser: 378
Mid section diameter: 109
Length of Midsection: 52
Length of Baffle: 292
Length of Stinger: 200
Diameter of Stinger: 27

ajturbo
18th July 2009, 15:32
ahhh.. frig it... you mean i have to FIND the correct numbers to put in.... no guesses????