PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

Finn
22nd October 2008, 09:06
The Salvation army say they are struggling to meet demand from middle income earners at 10 of their food banks.

Check out the woman in the picture. Doesn't look like she's starving does it? The Food Banks should restrict access to fat people.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10538772

Virago
22nd October 2008, 09:21
Meh. Where do you stop?

The local Sally Army was a client of mine for a while. I would return their support with donations of large quantities of groceries.

One day I was on the premises at food-parcel time. Most of the recipients were queuing outside rather than in. Why? Because inside is a smoke-free zone...

Fuck 'em. If they can afford to smoke...

nodrog
22nd October 2008, 09:24
do the have a list of where these foodbanks are located?

Finn
22nd October 2008, 09:37
do the have a list of where these foodbanks are located?

Here you go. Wonder if they deliver like Foodtown?

http://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/centres/

nodrog
22nd October 2008, 09:42
Wonder if they deliver like Foodtown?

good plan :niceone:, it might look abit suss if i turn up in my DB9 to collect a food parcel :eek:

slofox
22nd October 2008, 09:46
Check out the woman in the picture. Doesn't look like she's starving does it?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10538772

Hey hey hey - you should have seen her BEFORE she got hungry man.....she's a mere shadow of her former self these days........:bleh:

Trouser
22nd October 2008, 11:31
By the look of that picture they eat better than my family. Im in.

Dargor
22nd October 2008, 11:34
The Salvation army say they are struggling to meet demand from middle income earners at 10 of their food banks.

You mean the part where middle income earners are going to food banks.

Number One
22nd October 2008, 11:36
I'll probably get slapped for this but I don't understand how a bottle of fizzy drink is something that should be 'issued' or whatever in a food bank. SHouldn't it be the staples and maybe sachets of raro if you must...nah fuck it - what's wrong with drinking water? ...it's FREE after all (well in most places in NZ anyway)

nodrog
22nd October 2008, 11:45
I'll probably get slapped for this but I don't understand how a bottle of fizzy drink is something that should be 'issued' or whatever in a food bank. SHouldn't it be the staples and maybe sachets of raro if you must...nah fuck it - what's wrong with drinking water? ...it's FREE after all (well in most places in NZ anyway)

they hand out whatever is donated, so if somebody gives them 100 crates of flat coke they may as well give it away.

Colapop
22nd October 2008, 11:45
Food banks should be for those people that have genuine need. If they smoke or are fat - fuck them. There was an article on the news about some church in oz handing out food. The number of fat people (not overwieght but FAT) that were lining up for a hand out - fucken disgusting!

Number One
22nd October 2008, 11:48
they hand out whatever is donated, so if somebody gives them 100 crates of flat coke they may as well give it away.
True...hey if anyone wants to donate any camembert, brie, wine, crackers and other such stuff - don't waste it on the foodbanks - it's not good for their 'clients' systems to eat such rich food - they'll get gout or something...Pass it my way instead hmmkay :lol:

nodrog
22nd October 2008, 11:55
Food banks should be for those people that have genuine need. If they smoke or are fat - fuck them. There was an article on the news about some church in oz handing out food. The number of fat people (not overwieght but FAT) that were lining up for a hand out - fucken disgusting!

what about all the housewifes with their Gucci shopping bags?

Finn
22nd October 2008, 12:21
what about all the housewifes with their Gucci shopping bags?

They wouldn't be seen dead in a foodbank. They even struggle at regular supermarkets.

Fatjim
22nd October 2008, 12:36
I saw the news artcile and I said the same thing to my wife. There was a bout 3 of 4 really fat people in the line up. They should just get given a vitamin pill and some running shoes.

sinfull
22nd October 2008, 12:42
If they smoke or are fat - fuck them.

Counts me out then ! but it aint the food thats making me fat its the bourbon and coke ! Ok still out huh !

sunhuntin
22nd October 2008, 12:47
the local foodbank was doing a drive a few months back. this included a table set up outside a bank for donations. i saw one guy donating a bunch of food and also a packet of loo paper. he was being snidely told that he should only donate food. bitch. if itd been me, i woulda picked it up again and told her to get fucked. dont people who need help crap or something?

Number One
22nd October 2008, 12:54
the local foodbank was doing a drive a few months back. this included a table set up outside a bank for donations. i saw one guy donating a bunch of food and also a packet of loo paper. he was being snidely told that he should only donate food. bitch. if itd been me, i woulda picked it up again and told her to get fucked. dont people who need help crap or something?
I reckon!!! What a honey that man was, and very practical too - he was taking care of both ends of the digestive cycle - what a star! :niceone:

JMemonic
22nd October 2008, 13:00
My mother used to work in a food bank in the 80's she had some stories, like giving one person a kilo of mince only to have it handed back and be told we need meat for humans not cats or where is the icecream for dessert.

You have to admire those who give their time and resources, but some of the greedy bastards out there go from food bank to food bank no better than benefit fraud.

Manxman
22nd October 2008, 21:20
i saw one guy donating a bunch of food and also a packet of loo paper. he was being snidely told that he should only donate food. bitch. if itd been me, i woulda picked it up again and told her to get fucked. dont people who need help crap or something?

Heck, I imagine that some of these people even need help to crap. :blink: