PDA

View Full Version : XB12 or XB9?

Krusti
2nd February 2005, 04:47
Thinking of trading the old ZZR. Can anyone tell me how much difference there is between the 12 and 9?

Performance wise and handling.

What do ya think.

Other option I am considering is FZ1 Fazer, mates got one for $10,000, want a hoon bike that handles and wheelies easy. :confused2

White trash
2nd February 2005, 07:19
The 12's extremely torquey but a little less inclined to rev, the 9 doesn't have the same grunt but will rev its head off all day.

The 9 also has less flywheel effect and will turn easier at high revs.

(Anyone who thinks this statement is bullshit has obviously never ridden the two)

Krusti
2nd February 2005, 10:53
I'm quite keen on the Buell, just worried about reliability.

duckman
2nd February 2005, 11:03
I'm quite keen on the Buell, just worried about reliability.

And your reputation of course ... **runs and hides from WT ** :whistle:

StoneChucker
2nd February 2005, 11:41
The 12's extremely torquey but a little less inclined to rev, the 9 doesn't have the same grunt but will rev its head off all day.

The 9 also has less flywheel effect and will turn easier at high revs.

(Anyone who thinks this statement is bullshit has obviously never ridden the two)

The statement may be true, but I think YOU are full of bullshit ;) No, no, I can attest, for the XB9S anyway, you won't get bored with it. More than enough grunt, and sounds the bidniss :Punk: (with race kit)

Hitcher
2nd February 2005, 11:45
If you want a good fun nekkid bike that can handle well and boogie when required, get yourself a Kawasaki ZRX1200R. ANZA Motor Company in Palmerston North currently have an absolute pearler for sale -- Neptune can, newish Metzeler Roadtec Z6s, comprehensive and regular service history since new. Well worth taking for a ride...

sparrow_34
2nd February 2005, 12:01
Or how about the 2005 speed triple. It looks the mutts nuts and according to the specs produces more torque and at a much lower rpm than the previous model. For those so inclined it should be a great wheelie bike. Can't wait to see a test ride report and to see it in the flesh.

Sniper
2nd February 2005, 12:41
Hmmmm, Buells, tell you what, buy both of them a nd then you will be eternally happy

Skunk
2nd February 2005, 13:06
If you want a good fun nekkid bike that can handle well and boogie when required, get yourself a Kawasaki ZRX1200R. ANZA Motor Company in Palmerston North currently have an absolute pearler for sale -- Neptune can, newish Metzeler Roadtec Z6s, comprehensive and regular service history since new. Well worth taking for a ride...Good bikes them. Just get the 1200 though, eh? :thud:

ching_ching
2nd February 2005, 14:41
Hi Krusti the Klown,

Haven't ridden the 9. For my type of riding, the Buell seems good. Will go fast (but not "mental"). Does not have Japanese type top end but will kick off the mark really good. Got the rumble (in vibration as well as sound). Definitely a different ride altogether compared to my last ride (2003 GSXR600). Have been able to get to the edges of the tyres... and my ridings sheight to say the least.

Seems to get the looks (definitely cause of the bike... rider is a moron). Test em both. You may be pleasantly surprised.

ching

Regards to reliability, heard that pre 2000 models were the ones to look out for. The only prob I've had with mine is one loose spark plug. Other than that, motor keeps on turning, frame, wheels and suspension are up to the challenge, seems to stop when I pull on the right hand lever that's conected to me right handlebar. :niceone: And I've put 5500ks on it in just over a month. :headbang: