PDA

View Full Version : Mental note to self

FROSTY
24th October 2008, 08:21
When scurrying down the road to the post office .
Do not grab the biggest gruntiest bike on the lot "cos you can"
Should you ignore said advice Do not forget you DON'T have to wring its neck to get anywhere like on the 50cc scooter you usually use.
Should you ignore both bits of advice above expect 1300cc of shaft drive sprot/tourer on stone cold tyres to do its best imitation of a bucking bronco.-spitting its back end out sideways till on full lock in both directions several times
If you ignore all above advice DO pack clean underwear.
Fark me FJR1300's DO have some grunt -

Short version--Frosty take it easy on cold tyres :doh:

MSTRS
24th October 2008, 08:26
Mental picture...crazed madman screaming and holding on for dear life. Calling for his mother, even.
BWAHAHA
:niceone:

Hitcher
24th October 2008, 08:28
Fark me FJR1300's DO have some grunt

Nonsense. Many KB members have informed me that they are a nana's bike, perfect for the fuller-figured ageing gent.

FROSTY
24th October 2008, 08:41
Nonsense. Many KB members have informed me that they are a nana's bike, perfect for the fuller-figured ageing gent.
Perhapps that thar was me problem, Um being as despite Jorja's best efforts I'm not of the "fuller figure" quite yet.
Although aging is definitely me
And Mstrs --no no quite screaming. But things were "interesting" for 100m or so

Morcs
24th October 2008, 09:27
When scurrying down the road to the post office .
Do not grab the biggest gruntiest bike on the lot "cos you can"
Should you ignore said advice Do not forget you DON'T have to wring its neck to get anywhere like on the 50cc scooter you usually use.
Should you ignore both bits of advice above expect 1300cc of shaft drive sprot/tourer on stone cold tyres to do its best imitation of a bucking bronco.-spitting its back end out sideways till on full lock in both directions several times
If you ignore all above advice DO pack clean underwear.
Fark me FJR1300's DO have some grunt -

Short version--Frosty take it easy on cold tyres :doh:
I wouldve thought seeing one of my incidents on cold tyres wouldve stuck in memory...

MSTRS
24th October 2008, 09:30
Perhapps that thar was me problem, Um being as despite Jorja's best efforts I'm not of the "fuller figure" quite yet.
Although aging is definitely me
And Maha --no no quite screaming. But things were "interesting" for 100m or so

Hmmm..really? Another byproduct of old age?

FROSTY
24th October 2008, 09:36
Hmmm..really? Another byproduct of old age?
No bro--side effect of pain killers- FINALLY had the last opp. :clap:

Mully
24th October 2008, 09:45
N00b.

Glad the Op went well. Did they give you the "Brad Pitt"

slimjim
24th October 2008, 10:49
yes very nice way to warm rear.sit at lights and quietly let loose with throttle..and front brake...lovely .... big ass yama's....:Oops:...no officer i hadn't moved yet..:sweatdrop

FROSTY
24th October 2008, 11:23
N00b.

Glad the Op went well. Did they give you the "Brad Pitt"
Nahh they just hauled a couple of chunks a bone and stuff from where they shouldn't be to where they should be

skidMark
24th October 2008, 11:51

When does yours get delivered hitcher?

ManDownUnder
24th October 2008, 11:58
:niceone: LOLOL FROSTY YA DICK!!!!!!!!! :niceone:

Wish I'd been there.

Hitcher
24th October 2008, 12:44
When does yours get delivered hitcher?

As yet unconfirmed. Its boat is supposed to arrive in Tauranga today, if my memory serves me correctly. So if Customs and MAF pull finger, the earliest I shall be able to uncrate is Saturday 1 November. However election day (8 November) is a more likely outcome. Which would be a bugger, because that is the date of KoroJ's 1,000km event which, in the absence of participating in this year's Grand Challenge, I had quite set my heart on doing.

I hope that motorcycles are like dogs and have no sense of time. I would hate to think that Big Yam was fretting.

skidMark
24th October 2008, 12:47
As yet unconfirmed. Its boat is supposed to arrive in Tauranga today, if my memory serves me correctly. So if Customs and MAF pull finger, the earliest I shall be able to uncrate is Saturday 1 November. However election day (8 November) is a more likely outcome. Which would be a bugger, because that is the date of KoroJ's 1,000km event which, in the absence of participating in this year's Grand Challenge, I had quite set my heart on doing.

I hope that motorcycles are like dogs and have no sense of time. I would hate to think that Big Yam was fretting.

You should write a book. :eek:

sinfull
24th October 2008, 12:49
I had quite set my hard on doing.

Had to !!! ....

FROSTY
24th October 2008, 17:44
:niceone: LOLOL FROSTY YA DICK!!!!!!!!! :niceone:

Wish I'd been there.
No rather glad NOONE was there at the time.
Actually afterwards I looked at the rear tyre and it er a "bit" sad really.
well due for retirement

Hitcher
24th October 2008, 18:12
well due for retirement

Avon Storms, Mr Frost. The FJR will love you for them.

Just out of curiosity, what's the age and mileage on the FJR and what do you want for it?

FROSTY
25th October 2008, 09:02
The FJR is a 2004 with 31000km on her. she has the panniers of course.
I want $ a bazillion bucks for her, But I have her advertised for $14600 with a new rear tyre of the buyers choice.

Hitcher
25th October 2008, 15:05
That is a good deal. And it's only just run it at that mileage.