a good curry will make you go blind.
a good curry should be really hot,
a good curry should make you trot.
a good curry will make you wish you,
had used water and not a tissue.
a good curry is made by mum,
a good curry will burn your bum.
a good curry has its ups and downs,
it enters with smiles and leaves with frowns.
a good curry causes so much pain,
but you'll come back for more, again and again.

skidMark
24th October 2008, 19:36
"good curry burns at both ends"

"good curry burns more on the way out"

TOTO
24th October 2008, 19:53
I prefer Sushi :drool:

can you mix sushi with curry ? I'd try that.

Grahameeboy
24th October 2008, 19:55

Bomma????............

CookMySock
24th October 2008, 19:59
Try sprinkling curry powder and salt and a big knob of butter in a pan, and fry a couple of eggs to perfect-runny stage. Yum.

Steve

TOTO
24th October 2008, 20:13
eggs are so 1960s its not funny. They not even good for ya...

Sushi with egg - maybe...

mstriumph
24th October 2008, 20:21
i like that green horseradish stuff you get on sushi ... :love:

TOTO
24th October 2008, 20:46

you mean the hot green Wassabi :drool: Me too

And the ginger too - yum yum yum.

In fact I think Sushi is so good it deserves its own thread instead of being stuck under curry...:Punk:

sinfull
24th October 2008, 21:03
you mean the hot green Wassabi :drool: Me too

And the ginger too - yum yum yum.

In fact I think Sushi is so good it deserves its own thread instead of being stuck under curry...:Punk:

mmmmm eat the sushi and snort the wassabi !

found the hell curry house locally who know how to get the red eye puckering !

Bren
24th October 2008, 21:10
Love is a burning thing
and it makes a firery ring
bound by wild desire
I fell in to a ring of fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down,down,down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns,burns,burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire.

The taste of love is sweet
when hearts like our's meet
I fell for you like a child
oh, but the fire went wild..]

:headbang:

BANZAI
24th October 2008, 22:30
Have you had Japanese curry before? I like it better than Indian Currry sorry :p

Blakomen
24th October 2008, 22:36
Have you had Japanese curry before? I like it better than Indian Currry sorry :p

Dude I <3 japanese curry!! mmmmmmmmmmm

But yeah Indian curry still not too bad. but japanese! oh....man...with rice and you drown it in curry...and.....mmmmmmm

cs363
24th October 2008, 23:52
Any curry is good, but would have to agree on the Japanese curry being yummalicious. (By the way it's Wasabi, before Hitcher comes in and harasses you for your spelling! lol. Some people also know it as Japanese Horseradish and it's good for you, eat up.....)

xwhatsit
24th October 2008, 23:59
Yeah, I like the one Renkon do.

TOTO
25th October 2008, 00:03
BANZAI knows best. After all he is the most japanese person I know :D

inlinefour
25th October 2008, 00:35
Any curry is a good curry. As long as its on a plate in frount of me. Just went and signed off the new kitchen plan to the new house, so I can now see myself back in the kitchen cooking. This flat might have served its purpose, but it sucks arse, so does a curry, but in a good way. :beer:

Brian d marge
25th October 2008, 04:29
PS Wasabi isn't a curry and curry rice is more like a beef stew ,,, Indian curry and Japanese curry a poles apart .....

the spiciest curry round here is Cocoichiban , which is curry rice with a bucket load of curry powder in it ,,, ..

Stick with the people who know the best , Thais , and Malay , and Indians etc

Stephen

portokiwi
25th October 2008, 06:15
:drool:mmmmmmm curry, :drool:
I love curry. :wari::wari::wari:

bomma
25th October 2008, 09:49

hmm a very good question.....im guessing it would not be so good with the spicy curries but if you had a more mild curry like the highly westernised "Butter Chicken" it wouldn't taste too bad.....

but i think the attraction of curry is the strong flavour whilst the attraction of sushi is it's mild but great flavour :niceone:

oh and as much as i love thai, jap, korean etc food, you guys havnt had real curry unless you've been to india....the crap here doesn't even compare (but i guess i havnt had authentic thai, chinese, japanese etc so yea)

mmmm curry

p.s. Johnny Cash rocks (R.I.P.) :punk:

ehab2weelr
25th October 2008, 11:11
goooooo curry....

xwhatsit
25th October 2008, 15:06
Indian curry is fail. I should know, I'm getting myself through uni by working in a bloody Indian restaurant :laugh:

Ocean1
25th October 2008, 15:46

you mean the hot green Wassabi

Wasabi ain't horseradish. Same family, different animal, the difference is quite noticable.

Unless you've paid an extraordinary price for it, (and, in a resteraunt, possibly if you have) you haven't had real wasabi.
The stuff from the supermarket in the toothpaste tube is, indeed, just horseradish and food colouring.

The genuine item is fookin' tricky to grow, and was produced almost exclusively in Japan until some smart dude down south discovered it does very well here. In fact it's become a good wee export earner.

cs363
25th October 2008, 15:56
Wasabi ain't horseradish. Same family, different animal, the difference is quite noticable.

Unless you've paid an extraordinary price for it, (and, in a resteraunt, possibly if you have) you haven't had real wasabi.
The stuff from the supermarket in the toothpaste tube is, indeed, just horseradish and food colouring.

The genuine item is fookin' tricky to grow, and was produced almost exclusively in Japan until some smart dude down south discovered it does very well here. In fact it's become a good wee export earner.

yep, it ain't horseradish (real good horseradish is yummy too but that's a different subject (if you ever end up in Indianapolis go to St Elmo's steakhouse and order their shrimp cocktail - loaded with awesome horseradish!)) but - as I pointed out earlier it is known in some circles as Japanese Horseradishwhich is probably why people get confused.

And totally agree with your comments regarding supermarket wasabi versus the real stuff - poles apart! :D

PirateJafa
25th October 2008, 17:33
Indian curry is fail. I should know, I'm getting myself through uni by working in a bloody Indian restaurant :laugh:

Which one?

motorbyclist
25th October 2008, 18:36
curry is great - but jewel of india at uni is really a let down

xwhatsit
25th October 2008, 20:06
Which one?
Parnell Rd -- look for my bike :shifty:

Fargin' pricey for students though wot!

BANZAI
26th October 2008, 07:33
It's interesting how more KB-er but non SMC-er contribute to this thread :lol:

Cr1MiNaL
26th October 2008, 11:27
I would sell curry at my dairy if I could!!!

Number One
26th October 2008, 16:07
Yeah man Curry is great!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/picture.php?albumid=253&pictureid=6239

bomma
27th October 2008, 11:32
I would sell curry at my dairy if I could!!!

precisely why indians don't play soccer :doh:

Yeah man Curry is great!

hehe that's some major distance :headbang:

portokiwi
27th October 2008, 13:22
mmmm had curry last night after reading and reading this post.
We went to a yummy place in Mission Bay just by Burger king.... Down an ally way.
Had the left overs for lunch......
:whistle: The office has a strange smell:2thumbsup

Number One
27th October 2008, 13:24
mmmm had curry last night after reading and reading this post.
We went to a yummy place in Mission Bay just by Burger king.... Down an ally way.
Had the left overs for lunch......
:whistle: The office has a strange smell:2thumbsup
So after reading and reading this thread and then eating curry...did you try the neighbours fence out aswell??? :shutup:

portokiwi
27th October 2008, 13:30
About to use the dunny very soon:( sore butt comming up.

Nagash
27th October 2008, 13:33

Whoa! God!

Keep it pointed down man, it's spraying everywhere.

Number One
27th October 2008, 13:34
Try the fence, hook up a camera and see if you can't beat the distance on that pic I posted :shutup:

portokiwi
27th October 2008, 13:43
Just had it.... Gooooooood.
What pic? number one?

Number One
27th October 2008, 14:07
Yeah man Curry is great!

THIS ONE PK :innocent:

portokiwi
27th October 2008, 14:11
:sick: ohhhhhhh thats bad. Nah I dont have diorea. Sort of miss that:shutup:
Use to have it all the time in Afghanistan :wari: kept the weight off :2thumbsup.

bomma
27th October 2008, 14:27
:sick: ohhhhhhh thats bad. Nah I dont have diorea. Sort of miss that:shutup:
Use to have it all the time in Afghanistan :wari: kept the weight off :2thumbsup.

it's hard to get diarhhoea when you eat curry in nz...it's just not authentic.....might get a mild case of the runs though but nothing epic like the guy in the pic....wonder which indian restaurant he ate at :blink:

portokiwi
27th October 2008, 14:42
Makes good in the term say it dont spray it.:niceone:

mstriumph
27th October 2008, 16:04

i like the green horseradish stuff .............. the word 'WASABI' was added by others ..... :rolleyes:

Ocean1
27th October 2008, 16:26
i like the green horseradish stuff .............. the word 'WASABI' was added by others ..... :rolleyes:

Tried the wasabi coated dried peas? Not real wasabi either but Very nice.

bomma
27th October 2008, 18:55
Tried the wasabi coated dried peas? Not real wasabi either but Very nice.

gave my friend a whole ball of wasabi once and she ate it thinking it was a big pea....funniest reaction i have EVER seen.....she must have gotten like 20 hits:shit:....got her running, screaming and teary-eyed, straight to the toilet :lol:

2wheeljunkie
27th October 2008, 19:05

that indian restaurant must suck then cause indian curry kicks ass.

Number One
28th October 2008, 06:00
gave my friend a whole ball of wasabi once and she ate it thinking it was a big pea....funniest reaction i have EVER seen.....she must have gotten like 20 hits:shit:....got her running, screaming and teary-eyed, straight to the toilet :lol:
Saw a mate do that to another friend too. Wasn't very funny though - he went straight into anaphylactic(?) shock and spent a week in A&E unable to breathe for himself.

All fun and games till someone loses an eye I spose

bomma
28th October 2008, 08:56
Saw a mate do that to another friend too. Wasn't very funny though - he went straight into anaphylactic(?) shock and spent a week in A&E unable to breathe for himself.

All fun and games till someone loses an eye I spose

holy shit that can happen?!?! :shit: i guess i didnt really think about it.....although it was the weak azz shit you get from the university food court, not the real thing and plus she was indian so she was used to having ring burners on a daily basis:blink:......geez guess ill think twice before i give someone a ball of wasabi and tell them it's a pea :confused:

xwhatsit
28th October 2008, 14:06
that indian restaurant must suck then cause indian curry kicks ass.
I get dinner as part of working there, bored senseless of the menu by now of course, so I often take a bowl of the `staff curry' that the chefs cook up for their own dinner.

That kicks ass. Not necessarily in a good way.

Seriously though, I like hot food, but the novelty wears off eventually. I prefer to taste what I'm eating; too much chilli and it just numbs your tongue and you can't taste anything. Plus the effects on your digestive system aren't fun. Why I prefer Thai curry. Actually, there's a couple of Nepalese chefs at work (lots of Nepalese in India apparently), and when it's their turn to do the staff curry it's always great. A bit subtler.

bomma
28th October 2008, 20:41
Seriously though, I like hot food, but the novelty wears off eventually.

the problem with indian food here is that all they serve is the main stream crap....it's a highly westernised version of indian food with a ton of chilli powder chucked in to make it spicy.....this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to indian food.....

there is a vast variety of indian food....in fact, there are certain areas in india that are well known for certain types of food.....but not everything that is served is spicy.....a typical indian meal is quite well balanced (in terms of spicyness) most dishes arent spicy....in fact south india is renowned for its sweets mmmmmm :drool:

also, a lot of the south indian dishes use ghee which dampens the spicyness by a shitload and also makes things yummy (but has to be home made, not the commercially bought crap).....mmmmm i cant wait to go back to india.....now do you see why i put on like 10kgs every time i go visit my rellies in india!!! :yes: it's not fair, why does the food have to be so good :oi-grr:

xwhatsit
28th October 2008, 22:50
The problem with ghee is that it's almost pure fat :laugh: S'why Indians have one of the biggest problems with diabetes, in terms of what healthcare providers are seeing with minority groups.

But yes, it does make for a tasty curry :D

It's not 10kgs you put on Nish -- it's 20kgs -- you'll lose 10kgs in the first three days when you shit yourself after every meal until you've `acclimatised' :lol:

CookMySock
29th October 2008, 07:26
Yeah go the milder coconut cream based curries. Creamy and yum. Low carb too. Theres always a tin of coconut cream here, or six.

DB

bomma
29th October 2008, 09:06
The problem with ghee is that it's almost pure fat :laugh: S'why Indians have one of the biggest problems with diabetes, in terms of what healthcare providers are seeing with minority groups.

But yes, it does make for a tasty curry :D

It's not 10kgs you put on Nish -- it's 20kgs -- you'll lose 10kgs in the first three days when you shit yourself after every meal until you've `acclimatised' :lol:

lol also might have something to do with the many many cups of coffee and tea consumed by most indians on a daily basis along with the mountains of sweets and other crap :rofl:

hehe funny thing is ive retained my indian stomach so dont really get the runs......but you are right it is more like 20kgs - 12kgs of muscle loss and 22kgs of fat put on in those 2 months:doh: