PDA

View Full Version : What do you put in ya toasted sammidges!

skidMark
26th October 2008, 12:39
Got my trusty toasted sandwich maker here (yes it lives on my desk)

Usually i have always been a spaghetti / or baked beans/ or egg. man.

nothing too adventurous, but today i bought cheese (gasp expensive much!)

and i bought a packet of shaved ham....

I have put shaved ham slighly hanging of sides so even crust is full, big dollop of grated "tasty chedder" in middle, with a couple more circles of shaved ham on top...

What do you lot like to put in yours?!

Oh and any reccomendations for the best type of cheese to go with it (and i dont mean ya fancy pansy shiet im talking like colby edam etc.)

i had no idea so errr i got tasty, so in theory its um, tasty?
:niceone:

Trudes
26th October 2008, 12:47
I like Edam. Cheese and onion is always a winner, or cheese, ham and pineapple.

Hitcher
26th October 2008, 12:49
I like Edam. Cheese and onion is always a winner, or cheese, ham and pineapple.

I was expecting you to say you liked cock in yours.

Wingnut
26th October 2008, 12:55

God - dont start another cock thread man - that other trudes one is outta control.

I find it quite ironic that a mear 2 minutes ago - I put on a spagetti toastie and thought I'd have a look on here while I wait for it to cook - and WTF -here is a toastie thread. Spooooooooooooooky

Trudes
26th October 2008, 12:55

*sharp drawing in of breath* I'm shocked Hitcher!! I would never!!:msn-wink:

skidMark
26th October 2008, 12:56
God - dont start another cock thread man - that other trudes one is outta control.

I find it quite ironic that a mear 2 minutes ago - I put on a spagetti toastie and thought I'd have a look on here while I wait for it to cook - and WTF -here is a toasis thread. Spooooooooooooooky

So, about that civil union?

Trudes
26th October 2008, 12:56
I find it quite ironic that a mear 2 minutes ago - I put on a spagetti toastie and thought I'd have a look on here while I wait for it to cook - and WTF -here is a toasis thread. Spooooooooooooooky

dodododododo that is some freaky shit man!:sherlock::doobey:

bikerboy011
26th October 2008, 13:00
Chop chop chicken and some mayo yum!

Subike
26th October 2008, 13:00
Dang Dang Dang!
ya all made me hungry
Cheese, onion, tomato sauce, ground pepper.
Cheese, chives, pinapple pieces,
Cheese, onion, bacon bits, garlic shoots.

skidMark
26th October 2008, 13:01
Chop chop chicken and some mayo yum!

Halal chicken and Halal kitty cat? :bleh:

yungatart
26th October 2008, 13:11
Left over mince (kids love mince) and cheese.
hXc's favourite is chicken, tomato and mayo!

Trudes
26th October 2008, 13:20
One of the kids I look after made a marmite and potato chip sandwich (Yuck!!), she said it was nice except the chips went soggy. Bacon and egg is good.

Nasty
26th October 2008, 13:24
One of the kids I look after made a marmite and potato chip sandwich (Yuck!!), she said it was nice except the chips went soggy. Bacon and egg is good.

Marmite and chippies toastie ... yukky ... but marmite and chippies on fresh white bread is great!!

On toasties I like leftovers and cheese .... most leftovers .. roast meats, mince, potatoes, kumera .. yum

FlangMasterJ
26th October 2008, 13:25
Cheese and corn.

/thread

Daffyd
26th October 2008, 13:26
A takeaway shop near where I worked once, did a very nice sausage and tomato t/s, also cheese, ham and pineapple. Creamed corn is good too.

skidMark
26th October 2008, 13:31
Best thread...ever. in the history of the internets.

Quailboy
26th October 2008, 13:44
I'd have to go with Cheese and ham, then followed by a close second place of spaghetti. Onion depending on my mood is always the money with the cheese.

I hate egg in any way, shape or form. Corn reminds me of vomit and tastes like it too. Pineapple is way too strong and overpowers every other ingredient.

Trouser
26th October 2008, 14:08
Strawberry jam for something sweet or tuna, cheese and tomato sauce for savory.

portokiwi
26th October 2008, 14:16
mmmm sasage, cheese and tomato sauce.

MotoGirl
26th October 2008, 14:17
Mine is simple: sundried tomato and olive chutney + edam cheese.

rainman
26th October 2008, 15:29
One of the kids I look after made a marmite and potato chip sandwich (Yuck!!)

Banana and Marmite, not too much of either. Trust me on this.

On plain toast though, don't think it would work in a sandwich maker...

PrincessBandit
26th October 2008, 15:40
Cheese and tomato for me. But I have to let it cool a little first - I hate getting the tip of my tongue burnt from biting into it too quickly like a little piggy.

XxKiTtiExX
26th October 2008, 16:03
Ham, colby cheese, tomato and a little bit of garlic salt.

Toasted sammies ain't the same unless they are smothered in butter before being toasted.

*drool*

FlangMasterJ
26th October 2008, 17:21
Cheese and tomato for me. But I have to let it cool a little first - I hate getting the tip of my tongue burnt from biting into it too quickly like a little piggy.

That's so true. Nothing worse than thinking you've bitten through the tomato only to have it swing down and land on your chin.

It's hotter than lava. It's science.

James Deuce
26th October 2008, 17:31
Never put different fillings in a meal of multiple sandwiches, or you'll die of mixingmatoasties.

MVnut
26th October 2008, 17:35
Tree tomato (plus a wee bit of sugar if you want)......okay okay Tamarillo

Fatt Max
26th October 2008, 18:16
Aha, a thread just made for a fat git like me.

If you drink beer (and I mean LOTS of beer) and find around 10pm ish that you have a serious munchy, then I offer you all my ultimate fat bastard toasted sammy.

One word of advice, there are a few ingredients so you may need a sober member of the household to put it together.

Anyway, here goes:

Bread - MUST be fresh unsliced from the bakers cut into 15 - 20mm thick 'Dorstep' slices
Then, in order, add....
Cheese - swiss slices x 2
Smoked shaved ham x 2 slices
Small dollop of cream cheese in the middle
Another 2 x slices of smoked shaved ham
1 x sliced jalepeno pepper spread evenly over the bread
1 x sliced (not chopped) red onion
6 x sliced black oloves
2 x slices of cracked pepper salami
Another 2 x slices of swiss cheese
1 x dollop of Hellmans mayo
2 x slices of tomato
Salt
Pepper
Small sprinkle of dried chillies
Toast in the sandwisch press until the edges of the bread go brown
Open a beer, sit back an enjoy

I do find that I need one of my bike's bungy cords to hold the press together but the result is amazing.

Oh, and the missus did a great sammy the other night. Same bread but with some left over chicken tikka masala, rice and mushroom aloo, fan-bloody-tastic.

Give these a go and let me know what you think

Trudes
26th October 2008, 19:00
At the Trend in Gisborne they used to do deep fried toasted sandwiches, that's right a toasted sandwich dipped in batter then deep fried.:eek:

codgyoleracer
7th November 2008, 20:33
Hard to beat cheese, sweet chili sauce & salami. Or anything else that make you fart heaps. I.E baked beans & onion yum yum

pzkpfw
8th November 2008, 07:21
Blue vein cheese and baked beans.

It's an art form.

CookMySock
8th November 2008, 08:25
[...] cheese [...] shaved ham.. nearly the perfect toastie already..

If you really like cheese and ham, then try this variation of it, assembled in the following order: hot english mustard, layer of Colby cheese, small slab of Feta cheese in the middle, then a layer of ham. You must make sure the sandwich gets cooked right through, or the mustard will blow your head off. Cooking the mustard takes the heat out of it, but leaves a delicious flavor to go with the ham and cheeses.

Any recipie that calls for cheese - try two different cheeses together, especially a mild cheese with a thin strip of Feta cheese - Yum.

Another trick where tomato sauce is used - add a few drips of Kaitaia Fire to the sauce, or better still add it to tomato paste from a jar. Contrary to popular opinion, Kaitaia Fire isn't as hot as the alternatives, but the flavour is much much better. Tomato paste + Kaitaia Fire + sour cream FTW!

Steve