PDA

View Full Version : ALCP - More than just legalising cannabis

skidMark
26th October 2008, 12:49
I actually agree with thier policy, stoners have thier heads screwed on, makes you think clearly etc.

http://www.alcp.org.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=49&Itemid=55

<TABLE class=blog cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">ALCP Policy </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%">http://www.alcp.org.nz/images/M_images/pdf_button.png (http://www.alcp.org.nz/index.php?view=article&catid=49%3Apolicy&id=89%3Aalcp-policy&format=pdf&option=com_content&Itemid=55) </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%">http://www.alcp.org.nz/images/M_images/printButton.png (http://www.alcp.org.nz/index.php?view=article&catid=49%3Apolicy&id=89%3Aalcp-policy&tmpl=component&print=1&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=55) </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%">http://www.alcp.org.nz/images/M_images/emailButton.png (http://www.alcp.org.nz/index.php?option=com_mailto&tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hbGNwLm9yZy5uei9pbmRleC5waHA/dmlldz1hcnRpY2xlJmlkPTg5JTNBYWxjcC1wb2xpY3kmb3B0aW 9uPWNvbV9jb250ZW50Jkl0ZW1pZD01NQ==) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>People often say to us: "But you're only a single issue party": - This does not do the cannabis reform issue justice, because the ALCP minimimum programme impacts beneficially across all areas of governance, in areas of health, education, justice, law and order, race relations, economy and environment.... we are fixing what's broken.
See our Intersectorial policy (http://www.alcp.org.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=88:intersectorial-policy&catid=49:policy&Itemid=55)

ALCP MISSION STATEMENT

The Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party exists to legalise cannabis for recreational, spiritual, medicinal and industrial purposes; to empower people to work together for peace and true justice; and to institute a proper and just balance between the power of the state and the rights and dignity of the individual. We believe adults have the right to freedom of choice unless that choice harms other people or the planet.
POLICY MINIMUM PROGRAMME

Immediately tolerate adults’ personal possession and cultivation.
Establish regulated R18 cannabis commerce, like alcohol and tobacco. (Policy Council fine tunes ‘best practice’)
Make provision for expungement of cannabis convictions.
Establish therapeutic and medicinal applications of cannabis.
Enable full-scale cannabis-hemp production and utilisation.
POSITIVE PROGRESS FOR NEW ZEALAND

Our policy will:

Redirect hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars from maintaining unworkable and discriminatory laws. The money will be redistributed to sectors of need, eg Community, Health, Education and Employment;
Improve access to health services, and greatly increase credibility of drug education by removing double standards.
De-glamorise marijuana, decrease availability to adolescents, improve health promotion generally;
Slash crime and restore law and order and respect for rule of law;
Encourage community participation, and set a new standard for good governance;
Boost the economy via cannabis commerce, and create jobs by developing hemp industry;
Be of immeasurable benefit ecologically - full-scale hemp cultivation will save forests, reduce pollution and greenhouse emissions, and provide for the basics of life – Food, Shelter, Clothes, Fuel and Medicine.
ALCP 1996 Foundation documents support the principles of partnership in New Zealand’s Treaty of Waitangi (http://www.waitangi-tribunal.govt.nz/treaty/principles.asp).
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=article_column vAlign=top width="50%"><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">Intersectorial Policy </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%">http://www.alcp.org.nz/images/M_images/pdf_button.png (http://www.alcp.org.nz/index.php?view=article&catid=49%3Apolicy&id=88%3Aintersectorial-policy&format=pdf&option=com_content&Itemid=55) </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%">http://www.alcp.org.nz/images/M_images/printButton.png (http://www.alcp.org.nz/index.php?view=article&catid=49%3Apolicy&id=88%3Aintersectorial-policy&tmpl=component&print=1&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=55) </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%">http://www.alcp.org.nz/images/M_images/emailButton.png (http://www.alcp.org.nz/index.php?option=com_mailto&tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hbGNwLm9yZy5uei9pbmRleC5waHA/dmlldz1hcnRpY2xlJmlkPTg4JTNBaW50ZXJzZWN0b3JpYWwtcG 9saWN5Jm9wdGlvbj1jb21fY29udGVudCZJdGVtaWQ9NTU=) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>ALCP Intersectorial Policy as at 14/09/2005
Key Principles
We believe that adults have the right to freedom of choice unless that choice harms or endangers other people, or our planet.
Current cannabis laws protect no one, least of all young New Zealanders. Any health and social risks that marijuana may have are not addressed or treated by driving use underground and encouraging the black market.
Prohibition undermines all proper authority, costs our society hundreds of millions of dollars, criminalises a vast number of individuals, and denies a remarkable sustainable resource (hemp).
Our policy of legal regulation reverses the damage and impacts positively across all areas of governance, ‘intersectorially’, in areas of health, education, justice, law and order, race relations, economy and environment.
Our party proposes a holistic, common sense solution to pollution, economic waste and social injustice. ALCP advocates social ecology- creating a harmonious community environment, with cannabis/hemp as an integral resource.
Principles that underpin our policy include equity, efficiency (including cost-effectiveness), harm reduction (acknowledging that use of recreational drugs is a widespread reality in NZ), and upholding of individual rights where these do not unreasonably impinge on others.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Party vote ALCP. :lol:

Comments?

Trudes
26th October 2008, 12:59
And people think I'm mental for ticking the leaf. The guts of it is that they'll never ever ever get enough votes to govern, but if they got one seat in the House, it could be mildly interesting!

skidMark
26th October 2008, 13:03
And people think I'm mental for ticking the leaf. The guts of it is that they'll never ever ever get enough votes to govern, but if they got one seat in the House, it could be mildly interesting!

If all of kb voted ALCP, plus the usual stoners..... :niceone:

Trudes
26th October 2008, 13:19
If all of kb voted ALCP, plus the usual stoners..... :niceone:

Exactly!:lol:

Number One
26th October 2008, 13:57
Exactly!:lol:
I can't in good conscience give my vote to any of the other parties or candidates frankly.

CB ARGH
26th October 2008, 17:25
Was riding Scenic drive and got a woof of weed as I drove past some parked boy racers. Shoulda stopped for a session.

I see no harm in Cannabis. The only thing that they should have to control the use of the drug is flick an age restriction on it and have a limit on how stoned you can be when driving.

Red rep here we come. :msn-wink:

JimO
26th October 2008, 20:15
Was riding Scenic drive and got a woof of weed as I drove past some parked boy racers. Shoulda stopped for a session.

I see no harm in Cannabis. The only thing that they should have to control the use of the drug is flick an age restriction on it and have a limit on how stoned you can be when driving.

Red rep here we come. :msn-wink:

unbefuckingleiveable

skidMark
26th October 2008, 20:38
unbefuckingleiveable

Mis spent youth buddy? :wari:

Steven_ALCP
27th October 2008, 08:03
Hi everyone, name's Steven Wilkinson and I am the West Coast-tasman candidate for Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis party. I was long time bike rider in the twenty years I lived in the land of Oz (Great country for riding - warm) I owned a Kawasaki GPZ500 twin great bike for my size.

I have placed a link to Youtube showing one of my "meet-the-candidates" meetings. You will notice my "straight" apparel (when you play baseball you wear a baseball uniform)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQY42tttDEk

Here in the West Coast-Tasman electorate we have an interesting phenomena where if NO ONE VOTES for the Labour, National, and Green candidates they all will get in on the party vote :gob: so in theory voting for them is a wasted vote. If enough people can get this concept (West Coast-Tasman voters) and give ME the electoral vote, then this seat will have 4 representatives in parliament. NOW that's MMP working, voting strategically

So I'm asking if any members have friends or themselves live in the West Coast-Tasman seat to PLEASE give me Steven Wilkinson your candidacy
vote.

I am a long time cannabis law reformer, I have been until recently an active contributor on the NORML forum as well as having nearly 200 letters published in the Nelson Mail.
https://norml.org.nz/postx1079-0-30.html&sid=f61223ca61ceccf6a09ceefdd09e77df

I say we send a message to the next government:
We are intelligent, educated people
we are sick of the lies
we are sick of the inaction
and most of all we are sick of the hypocrisy
Let's regulate cannabis and move on.
Steven

Donor
27th October 2008, 08:22
ARGH!

FUCKING HELL!

GET ENOUGH "VOTE FOR ME" SHIT FROM THE HOARDINGS BLOCKING ALL THE INTERSECTIONS!!!

FUCK OFF!

ARGH!

...oh, and good luck...

jrandom
27th October 2008, 08:40
This thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=47476), which I put up in April 2007, gave some interesting results.

I note that if KB reflected the general population (it probably doesn't) and voting followed the pattern in that poll (although it undoubtedly won't) the ALCP would garner over 11% of the party vote, with a further 58% of voters giving their party votes to other parties, but not opposing legalisation.

Less than a third of the 146 KB voters on the poll were actually against the ALCP's ideas on cannabis law reform.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

:sherlock:

skidMark
27th October 2008, 12:26
ARGH!

FUCKING HELL!

GET ENOUGH "VOTE FOR ME" SHIT FROM THE HOARDINGS BLOCKING ALL THE INTERSECTIONS!!!

FUCK OFF!

ARGH!

...oh, and good luck...

Yeah but wacky backy = win.

JimO
27th October 2008, 14:38
Yeah but wacky backy = win.

i have never met you mark but i doubt you can afford to loose to many more braincells

jrandom
27th October 2008, 14:39
i have never met you mark but i doubt you can afford to loose to many more braincells

Do you think that smoking cannabis makes people 'loose braincells', then?

alanzs
27th October 2008, 14:54
I know many people that are medical cannabis users back in LA. Cannabis dispensaries are all over.
Prohibition has never worked, still doesn't. There are a few great threads on here about the futility of this lost cause.

From a previous post:
Recently, it was announced that 42% of the population in NZ smoke cannabis, second only to the US. Today, in the Los Angeles Times, there was an article calling for the end of the War on Drugs. The parallels between NZ and the US can't be ignored. Here's the article. Hope you enjoy the read.

This is the U.S. on drugs
Only cops and crooks have benefited from $2.5 trillion spent fighting trafficking.
By David W. Fleming and James P. Gray
July 5, 2008

The United States' so-called war on drugs brings to mind the old saying that if you find yourself trapped in a deep hole, stop digging. Yet, last week, the Senate approved an aid package to combat drug trafficking in Mexico and Central America, with a record $400 million going to Mexico and $65 million to Central America.

The United States has been spending $69 billion a year worldwide for the last 40 years, for a total of $2.5 trillion, on drug prohibition -- with little to show for it. Is anyone actually benefiting from this war? Six groups come to mind.

The first group are the drug lords in nations such as Colombia, Afghanistan and Mexico, as well as those in the United States. They are making billions of dollars every year -- tax free.

The second group are the street gangs that infest many of our cities and neighborhoods, whose main source of income is the sale of illegal drugs.

Third are those people in government who are paid well to fight the first two groups. Their powers and bureaucratic fiefdoms grow larger with each tax dollar spent to fund this massive program that has been proved not to work.

Fourth are the politicians who get elected and reelected by talking tough -- not smart, just tough -- about drugs and crime. But the tougher we get in prosecuting nonviolent drug crimes, the softer we get in the prosecution of everything else because of the limited resources to fund the criminal justice system.

The fifth group are people who make money from increased crime. They include those who build prisons and those who staff them. The prison guards union is one of the strongest lobbying groups in California today, and its ranks continue to grow.

And last are the terrorist groups worldwide that are principally financed by the sale of illegal drugs.

Who are the losers in this war? Literally everyone else, especially our children.

Today, there are more drugs on our streets at cheaper prices than ever before. There are more than 1.2 million people behind bars in the U.S., and a large percentage of them for nonviolent drug usage. Under our failed drug policy, it is easier for young people to obtain illegal drugs than a six-pack of beer. Why? Because the sellers of illegal drugs don't ask kids for IDs. As soon as we outlaw a substance, we abandon our ability to regulate and control the marketing of that substance.

After we came to our senses and repealed alcohol prohibition, homicides dropped by 60% and continued to decline until World War II. Today's murder rates would likely again plummet if we ended drug prohibition.

So what is the answer? Start by removing criminal penalties for marijuana, just as we did for alcohol. If we were to do this, according to state budget figures, California alone would save more than $1 billion annually, which we now spend in a futile effort to eradicate marijuana use and to jail nonviolent users. Is it any wonder that marijuana has become the largest cash crop in California?

We could generate billions of dollars by taxing the stuff, just as we do with tobacco and alcohol.

We should also reclassify most Schedule I drugs (drugs that the federal government alleges have no medicinal value, including marijuana and heroin) as Schedule II drugs (which require a prescription), with the government regulating their production, overseeing their potency, controlling their distribution and allowing licensed professionals (physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, etc.) to prescribe them. This course of action would acknowledge that medical issues, such as drug addiction, are best left under the supervision of medical doctors instead of police officers.

The mission of the criminal justice system should always be to protect us from one another and not from ourselves. That means that drug users who drive a motor vehicle or commit other crimes while under the influence of these drugs would continue to be held criminally responsible for their actions, with strict penalties. But that said, the system should not be used to protect us from ourselves.

Ending drug prohibition, taxing and regulating drugs and spending tax dollars to treat addiction and dependency are the approaches that many of the world's industrialized countries are taking. Those approaches are ones that work.

David W. Fleming, a lawyer, is the chairman of the Los Angeles County Business Federation and immediate past chairman of the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce. James P. Gray is a judge of the Orange County Superior Court.

alanzs
27th October 2008, 14:56
Do you think that smoking cannabis makes people 'loose braincells', then?

Why of course it does. And alcohol makes you smarter. It made Bud Weiser!

jrandom
27th October 2008, 15:08
Why of course it does.

Mmyes.

Y'know, when I started smoking cannabis about five years ago, I was concerned about such things, and did a fair bit of research before I touched the stuff.

My conclusion was that there was no evidence that it reduced cognitive function over time in otherwise healthy individuals (outside of any actual period of intoxication, naturally.)

And, oddly enough, moderate-ish use over the years since then doesn't seem to have made me any stupider.

alanzs
27th October 2008, 15:24
Why of course it does. And alcohol makes you smarter. It made Bud Weiser!

I was kidding. :shit:

Trudes
27th October 2008, 15:26
Mmyes.

Y'know, when I started smoking cannabis about five years ago, I was concerned about such things, and did a fair bit of research before I touched the stuff.

My conclusion was that there was no evidence that it reduced cognitive function over time in otherwise healthy individuals (outside of any actual period of intoxication, naturally.)

And, oddly enough, moderate-ish use over the years since then doesn't seem to have made me any stupider.

Can we start a poll on that?

Do you think jrandom is stupid?
Do you think jrandom is stupider now than 5 years ago?
Do you think jrandom is smarter now than 5 years ago?
Do I look like I give a shit?
Who is jrandom?

alanzs
27th October 2008, 15:32
Can we start a poll on that?

Do you think jrandom is stupid?
Who is jrandom?

Why bother, you like cock and that's all that really matters. :laugh:

jrandom
27th October 2008, 15:32

You could use the search function to download the last five and a half years worth of my posts and decide for yourself.

Well, I'm definitely wiser.

You'll be endangering your tenure as the president of my fan club if you don't cut that out.

:nono:

Trudes
27th October 2008, 15:43
You could use the search function to download the last five and a half years worth of my posts and decide for yourself.
I'm not that bored!

You'll be endangering your tenure as the president of my fan club if you don't cut that out.

:nono:

Shhhhhhh!!! Geeze, you don't know how hard I've tried to keep the secret that Iloveanalsexwithothermen is really me!!