PDA

View Full Version : LOST - Virago XV750 SIDECOVER

Ixion
27th October 2008, 20:31
Black. RH side. Along Balmoral Rd, NW motorway, Te Atatu Rd. Tonight.

Anyone spots it, give me a PM there's a good chap(ess)

Poxy things. Never had this problem when they were made of cast iron and bolted on with decent 3/8 BSF bolts all round.

sunhuntin
28th October 2008, 08:25
i feel your pain! i lost one off the 500 the day i bought it. daily online hunts failed except for one on ebay, but id onsold the bike by then and the new owner couldnt work out how to use ebay. when i get time, im going to remove the ones on the 250, drill em and cable tie em to the frame. one is rather floppy and appears to have broken a rubber thingy-majig that holds it on.

best of luck, sir.

Ixion
1st November 2008, 21:41
'S found now!. Bit scratched. Thanks to all.

Bonez
1st November 2008, 21:49
'S found now!. Bit scratched. Thanks to all.On ya. Guess you could have resorted to use a modified icecream container as a last resort:msn-wink:

Virago
1st November 2008, 21:50
Good news. Those damn things are like hen's teeth.

Ixion
1st November 2008, 21:57
On ya. Guess you could have resorted to use a modified icecream container as a last resort:msn-wink:

The last time I lost a side cover was on a SpeedTwin, and I made one out of papier mache. It worked very well, was still on the bike when I sold it.

I think I will make a mould from the recovered one and see if I can make a spare, from papier mache or fibreglass.