PDA

View Full Version : When you get a new tyre

nico
27th October 2008, 22:51
just wondering if when you get a new trye do you bother using all the old tread by smoking it up or who cares
just instreted dats all:msn-wink:

TOTO
27th October 2008, 22:57
no Idea what you are saying ma man...

Ragingrob
27th October 2008, 22:59
Translation : When ya need a new tyre, do ya do burn outs to finish off the old one?

I think.

gammaguy
27th October 2008, 23:02
no i give the old ones away to some poor cunt who cant afford a new set......

TOTO
27th October 2008, 23:08
Translation : When ya need a new tyre, do ya do burn outs to finish off the old one?

I think.

OOO I see

"smoking it up" is cool ay. and you get discount on your new tyres if you do it infornt of Cycletreads :yes:

Boob Johnson
28th October 2008, 00:18
just wondering if when you get a new trye do you bother using all the old tread by smoking it up
Have seen it done in a mates driveway, two mates who are brothers, one brother is at the others house while his misses looks on in horror as her lovely driveway was being (and still is to this day) heavily marked with rubber by the other brother, all terribly amusing for me as a bystander :clap:

But no not me, never bothered to do that, no real interest, had my fun making wheels spin & smoke appear as a teenager, awefully good fun but terribly repetitive :zzzz:

musicman
28th October 2008, 01:33
Where's the option "I'm too noob to do a burnout"? :o:lol:

DUCATI*HARD
28th October 2008, 07:15
:msn-wink:BURN EM

jrandom
28th October 2008, 07:17
If you do it at the bottom of the Cycletreads ramp when it's not too windy, the smoke drifts up and fills the shop and makes Bungie very unhappy.

:D

jrandom
28th October 2008, 07:19
Where's the option "I'm too noob to do a burnout"? :o:lol:

Don't be silly. Front brake on, feet down, weight on the bars, clutch in, revs up, clutch out.

Feet up rolling burnouts are a bit more involved though.

:eek:

sunhuntin
28th October 2008, 08:13
just wondering if when you get a new trye do you bother using all the old tread by smoking it up or who cares
just instreted dats all:msn-wink:

i didnt have any tread left to burn, lol.

kiwifruit
28th October 2008, 08:21
I used to do it every time, i'm getting old now

slimjim
28th October 2008, 19:04
O..yea..just til the canvas show's...then a quiet ride down to shop...

AT IT AGAIN
28th October 2008, 19:21
it reminds of the time i was wgtn mc one friday nite when some guy on a katana did a burn out in front of the door ... the boss turned to the parts guy and said you better order another clutch basket for an katana

hayd3n
28th October 2008, 19:37
O..yea..just til the canvas show's...then a quiet ride down to shop...

but im already there :angry:

Wenier
28th October 2008, 19:54
I recently got a new tyre and yes felt like the old one needed a good finish. Got complimented by the shop for it as there was some road stuck to the tyre by end of it.

cameltoe
28th October 2008, 20:06
hell yea i burn that baby rite down, I purposely waged school to do the deed, then roll up to the shop, they complimented me on my effort matter of fact

EJK
28th October 2008, 21:11
mabie just a lil one...

nico
29th October 2008, 06:53
well i vote for burn em got a new set yesterday burnd tht old one till the house was in a cloud of smoke lol down side did have to take wheels off bike to get fitted and dive the stupit cage:doh:

pritch
29th October 2008, 07:04
hell yea i burn that baby rite down, I purposely waged school to do the deed, then roll up to the shop, they complimented me on my effort matter of fact

Your post suggests that perhaps you should consider wagging school less often? :whistle:

pzkpfw
29th October 2008, 07:52
What I do when I get a new tyre, is get two, because a pair is supposed to be good, then realise later that the one that really wasn't worn too much might have been worth something.

(Like when I let the plumber take away the old hot water cylinder, and then wondered if the copper inside was worth anything.)

nico
29th October 2008, 09:48
[QUOTE

(Like when I let the plumber take away the old hot water cylinder, and then wondered if the copper inside was worth anything.)[/QUOTE]

ummm yes know this well i came home from work after plumer had been to change water over to gas 2 copper cylinders and about 20m of pipe plumer said to mrs do ya want me to get rid of all that rubish knowing full well it's worth a mint mrs yeah ok then after telling her to keep it all grrrrrrrrrrrrr
bastard

slimjim
29th October 2008, 11:00
but im already there :angry:

so what...shop won't gave a fuck.......light it up...they'll:Punk::Punk::Punk:

fuck just outside

MarkH
29th October 2008, 18:19
Your post suggests that perhaps you should consider wagging school less often? :whistle:

cameltoe's england bad? That's unpossible! :laugh:

imdying
29th October 2008, 18:23
If you do it at the bottom of the Cycletreads ramp when it's not too windy, the smoke drifts up and fills the shop and makes Bungie very unhappy.

:D
How ironic... when Cycletreads in Chch was still at Tuam St, Dave would do it on customer's bike unbeknownst to them...

alanzs
29th October 2008, 18:37
By the time I replace them, they are already trashed.

Ocean1
29th October 2008, 18:40
I give 'em away.

There's a couple of weirdos I know who like to use the side bits.

speights_bud
29th October 2008, 18:59
I smoke em up, the middle's about the only bit of the tire left with meat on it :devil2:

Gave Team Cudby's SV650 a hand wearing out the middle of it's tire on sat night, got the neighbors cheering and clapping, then heard the guy a block over with dirt bikes getting his out and giving it a shot :clap:

My car still has bits of burnt rubber stuck to it :niceone:

jrandom
29th October 2008, 19:51
Gave Team Cudby's SV650 a hand wearing out the middle of it's tire on sat night

Yeah, I heard about that...

It's a right cunt being stuck up here with no licence y'know.

:crybaby: