PDA

View Full Version : Euro exchange rate...

AlBundy
28th October 2008, 15:22
Bugger!

Had a look at the SC-Project pipe the other night, Friday I think it was and worked out the exchange rate. It would have been around $1250 for the pipe, Euro580, for the stainless one.

Buggered if I checked it today and it's gone to around $1335... That just sucks big time...

Euro120 for shipping too, so it's gonna be a costly one...

So, Devil, that's what we are in for.....

9kg's... That's the price we'll pay for 9kg's, lol...

Gremlin
28th October 2008, 15:46
My wings cost me around NZ$1630 all up, landed and delivered to Triple X. Sure, they were the top of the line exhaust I guess.

And I still can't fly :no:

yungatart
28th October 2008, 15:57
The Euro is now heading back up again, albeit slowly. We are keeping an eye on it as we feed hXc's account in Belgium from here...it can surely erode your spending poower!

AlBundy
28th October 2008, 16:12
My wings cost me around NZ$1630 all up, landed and delivered to Triple X. Sure, they were the top of the line exhaust I guess.

And I still can't fly :no:

Yeah but at least you have tools now, lol....

The Euro is now heading back up again, albeit slowly. We are keeping an eye on it as we feed hXc's account in Belgium from here...it can surely erode your spending poower!

I'll keep an eye on it this week... Maybe it lost 'more' ground due to yesterday being a holiday... I can only hope, lol...

Devil
28th October 2008, 16:29
*shrug*. Still pretty cheap for a full exhaust system. Just gotta wait till I get back from Raro, then check out the xmas budget.

AlBundy
28th October 2008, 17:09
*shrug*. Still pretty cheap for a full exhaust system. Just gotta wait till I get back from Raro, then check out the xmas budget.

It's more annoying about the fluctuation really, lol...

Were you gonna go stainless or titanium?

580 for the stainless and 620 for the Ti...

I'll probably just go for the Ti and get it done with...

Devil
29th October 2008, 07:42
Will be the titanium one.

Hrm, better keep saving!

AlBundy
30th October 2008, 03:12
For Gremlin....

Stumbled on this today...

AlBundy
22nd November 2008, 21:43
3kg vs 11.6kg's...

Devil
23rd November 2008, 14:59
Cool. Notice the exchange rate is getting shitter.
I'm holding off for the moment to sort out finances, but I think i've also changed my mind about which exhaust to go for. Will have to see!

Gremlin
23rd November 2008, 15:05
3kg vs 11.6kg's...
mmm thats a nice weight saving, making a reasonably light bike even lighter...

Exchange will recover at some point... but yeh, pretty crap at the moment.

AlBundy
23rd November 2008, 15:10
Cool. Notice the exchange rate is getting shitter.
I'm holding off for the moment to sort out finances, but I think i've also changed my mind about which exhaust to go for. Will have to see!

What's on the list? You going for duals?

mmm thats a nice weight saving, making a reasonably light bike even lighter...

Exchange will recover at some point... but yeh, pretty crap at the moment.

There's a distinct difference in cog. It isn't top heavy like it used to be...

It also sledges the rear brake for nothing now, lol... Will be sorting that out for sure...

Devil
23rd November 2008, 16:24
Yeah, prob dual pipes.

What tail tidy is that?

AlBundy
23rd November 2008, 18:28
Yeah, prob dual pipes.

What tail tidy is that?

Lol... Home made one...

The original little beak is only $16 or $23, so I decided to hack mine up... I got some scrap 1mm ally and bent one up. Took a few tries but got one to work. Just don't look too closely, lol...
I have also kept the number plate light, so mostly legal...

Devil
27th November 2008, 15:28
So how is the power and sound? Notice any more poke?

Have you got the full exhaust map on it?

AlBundy
27th November 2008, 17:02
So how is the power and sound? Notice any more poke?

Have you got the full exhaust map on it?

Actually, I haven't noticed a big difference at all. I must add though, most of the riding I did with the bike before the pipe, was commuting (I only live 2,5k's from work, so have to take detours to and from...).

It seems a bit softer in first. It doesn't seem to have the same low down punch it used to, maybe a bit more spread and higher... What I can say though, is it is defiantely smoother all round.
The bike used to have a surge feeling all the time at 55-60kph but that's pretty much gone. Also, in the higher gears and speed, comparing gear vs speed, it's a lot better now. Where at 110 the bike used to be better in 5th, I can actually pull 6th now without any lumpiness. It's similar for all the gears, it pulls smoother lower than before...

What is evedent though, is there is but NO way to behave on this thing... I wasn't Fully geared up when I took the bike to the shop and thought I'd take a mellow test ride afterwards... WRONG. I turned into a hooligan at the first corner... Was giggling all the way....

I only had the map done yesterday, so will be evaluating it as time goes by... Oh yes... Apparently they do two maps... One for fuelling and one for the 'throttle'. I'm not sure what the second one actually does but it's to do with the second butterfly maybe...

Oh yeah, the sound... Well, it sounds like a single really. Not too loud since I've kept the insert in. Give it a handfull though, and it barks quite nicely... It has a bit of a gurgle on the overrun, so quite satisfying...

Another thing to add... I cut about 5mm off the rear brake rod-end, so I could adjust the rear brake lever down more. Definately worth doing. No more floaty-foot rear braking. I can have my foot firmly on the peg and have better feel...

I also have a set of Zeta enduro bars waiting to go on. I don't like the flat/straight feel of the stock bars...

Another observation... I was having fun up the twisties. Previously, when I got home, one could see the tyres had been working. I was expecting the tyres to show similar wear yesterday. What I found, the tyres hardly even look like they've done anything. Either the delivery is softer/ I rode like a girl (due not having proper gear)/ the weight loss from the pipes, could be a factor in that... Or maybe NOT sledging it in on the rear brake too, lol...

And Devil, a big thanks for the advice on the screen. It's awesome. Riding into a howling headwind, no worries whatsoever...

Gremlin
27th November 2008, 20:24
I believe the 690 has fly by wire throttle...

You may find that it will run rich with the map, unless someone has done an NZ map for you, mine runs rich as, and KTM haven't released the advanced software to customise the map yet :pinch:

AlBundy
28th November 2008, 03:32
I believe the 690 has fly by wire throttle...

You may find that it will run rich with the map, unless someone has done an NZ map for you, mine runs rich as, and KTM haven't released the advanced software to customise the map yet :pinch:

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure about the whole throttle thing, may have a good look inside there one night for cables, lol...

As for the map, hard to say. I just ride them. As long as it goes well, I'm happy...
The map that fitted, is for the Akra pipes. Whether it works, don't know. One thing I don't have, is stalling issues, which most of the States people seem to suffer from.
One thing I can still do, is remove the snorkel from the airbox intake... That should take care of the leanness if it is lean, lol...

Devil
28th November 2008, 07:52
Do the airfilter if it's running a bit rich. KTM-parts.com has a thanksgiving special on at the moment, 20% off everything. they have a special one from K&N for the 690. (worth doing, so you dont have to have it replace at services, just cleaned).

Can you let me know how you get on with your fuel milage?

The throttle map is most likely the same as that switch that's on the other models, that gives you standard, soft, or aggressive throttle response.

Gremlin
28th November 2008, 09:30
The throttle map is most likely the same as that switch that's on the other models, that gives you standard, soft, or aggressive throttle response.
which is still nothing compared to the 990 full response aye? :blip:

Devil
28th November 2008, 10:18
Dunno about that, at least mine doesn't need to lay down when it's lost.

AlBundy
28th November 2008, 13:02
Do the airfilter if it's running a bit rich. KTM-parts.com has a thanksgiving special on at the moment, 20% off everything. they have a special one from K&N for the 690. (worth doing, so you dont have to have it replace at services, just cleaned).

Can you let me know how you get on with your fuel milage?

Hahahaha... After this lot, I need to let my wallet breathe a bit, lol...

I'll definately be keeping an eye on the fuel mileage. It should be interesting for sure...