PDA

View Full Version : Wheels Buckled

loosebruce
3rd February 2005, 00:16
Well en route to putting things back together, i whipped the front callipers off and jacked the front up on the race stand, spun the front wheel round and f#$% sure enough it has a slight buckle in it.

Anyone able to recommend a place to take it to, to get it straightened, preferbly in auckland, but it's something that has to be done, so if it has to go elsewhere to be done.

Also anyone got anyideas on a rough cost, or would it all be relative to the amount of damage.

Cheers Guys/Gals

Bruce

What?
3rd February 2005, 05:26
Ring Wheel & Frame NZ in Cambridge 07-827 6688

Two Smoker
3rd February 2005, 08:35
Ring Wheel & Frame NZ in Cambridge 07-827 6688

Was just going to recommend the same place. Milky's Dad has had a few wheels done there... Pretty cheap too...

FROSTY
3rd February 2005, 08:42
Ill third that comment-Um and bruce --Theres a viffer750 wheel here -um maybee ya could send em both at the same time. :2thumbsup
get a bulk discount

loosebruce
3rd February 2005, 22:49
Anyone used or had experience with a frim called Arrow on Patiki Rd, i heard from a good source that they repair wheels? Nice and close to me as well.

But if not to Wheel & Frame it is.

And Tony if i do send it down there, i'd be more than happy to send your wheel down too mate, after all I am still in debt to you, paying for the wheel to get fixed though thats a different story. :eek:

FROSTY
3rd February 2005, 23:05
lol --mate I'd hardley expect ya to pay

Zapf
3rd February 2005, 23:13
Anyone used or had experience with a frim called Arrow on Patiki Rd, i heard from a good source that they repair wheels? Nice and close to me as well.

But if not to Wheel & Frame it is.

And Tony if i do send it down there, i'd be more than happy to send your wheel down too mate, after all I am still in debt to you, paying for the wheel to get fixed though thats a different story. :eek:

heard of arrow. they build lots of wheels for cars and fix them too... haven't had work done there, but haven't heard anything bad.

Milky
5th February 2005, 21:46
Was just going to recommend the same place. Milky's Dad has had a few wheels done there... Pretty cheap too...

I was about to dispute that name, as I have always known them as Smythe and Yeates, but on looking at an ad for them, they are one and the same. I *think* that the wheel we most recently had straightened was rather bad, and it was returned to reasonably straight - not perfect, but pretty good - for less than $100. TS might remember the exact price as he took it in to them...

ktulu
5th February 2005, 22:09
Shit mate, had just been to cambridge this weekend to see my girlfriends parents, would have been able to take it down for you. sorry about that (makes it worse me saying this now I guess) but i'm going back down in a fortnight but thats too late I guess

XTC
5th February 2005, 22:18
That's what couriers are for.... :)

DEATH_INC.
5th February 2005, 22:29
Don't use arrow,they can't do any better than me.....

ktulu
5th February 2005, 22:57
That's what couriers are for.... :)

Mate, I was just trying to help him out, he's smashed his bike up so I'm sure he'll want to spend as little as possible on couriers. But that is true I guess

loosebruce
6th February 2005, 04:08
Don't use arrow,they can't do any better than me.....

ture dat, well hows bout you have a look at my hoop first before i send it down to cambridge, well try and get down your way, monday/tuesday. If so you reckon you need the axle as well?

loosebruce
6th February 2005, 04:11
Mate, I was just trying to help him out, he's smashed his bike up so I'm sure he'll want to spend as little as possible on couriers. But that is true I guess

Spend as little as possible, fucken aye mate you're not wrong there, plus it's proberly not cheap to courier a wheel either, but thanks for the thought of help, i will try to give you more notice next time i buckle the rim in a crash :niceone:

Dodgyiti
6th February 2005, 06:26
Aww come on Bruce,
A buckled front wheel, what does that matter to you?
I mean, how often is it on the ground anyway :wari:

loosebruce
6th February 2005, 17:28
Aww come on Bruce,
A buckled front wheel, what does that matter to you?
I mean, how often is it on the ground anyway :wari:

Yeah good point the fronts been sitting up off the ground on the race stand in the garage for a while now :confused: