PDA

View Full Version : AKL - city council parking BULLSHIT VIDEO CAMERAS

NOMIS
29th October 2008, 13:56
hi guys you may remember my bike was damage ,

Read the below from bottem up

So the recording of the video footage was not held , Even though I was in contact the very next day regarding this. So what happend when some one is shot in between the cameras refreshing? I know this is a extreme scenario but I just want to know what would happen then involving video footage.

BULLSHIT!
Regards
Simon

Subject: RE: Simon Baker - Damage to motobike 09/10/2008
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:23:54 +1300
To:
CC: Maureen.Seeds@aucklandcity.govt.nz; Peter.Sanson@aucklandcity.govt.nz

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;} .ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}

Hi , As we have stated there is no DVR coverage of this area as the DVR only holds footage for a limited amount of time as they are constantly refreshing . Regards Judd

Sent: Wednesday, 29 October 2008 9:10
To: Cotter, Judd
Cc: Seeds, Maureen; Sanson, Peter

I thought we went through this, It was parked under a video camera Level 1a. I parked there for a reason because the camera is there, When I went into the toll booth to tell them about the damage i could see my bike parked there on the t.v screen. Next to several other bikes.

Or are you saying the camera is a fake?? and it is not recorded??

Regards
Simon.

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:02:32 +1300
To: \

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;} .ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}

Hi , Our technicians have confirmed there is no DVR coverage of this area . Regards Judd

Sent: Tuesday, 28 October 2008 16:44
Cc: Seeds, Maureen; Sanson, Peter

Hi guys any update on this yet?

Regards
Simon

Subject: RE:
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:21:30 +1300
To: simonbaker109@hotmail.com

Hi , In that case we will get our operations staff to review the footage . Thanks Judd

Sent: Monday, 20 October 2008 10:58

I was parked next to the paymachine, when I spoke to the people in the office I could see my motorbike on the screen. It can be seen

Subject:
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:49:25 +1300
To: simonbaker109@hotmail.com

Hi , I have checked with our camera operation people and the CCTV covers the pay machines in that area and unfortunately the cycle bays are not covered . Regards Judd

Sent: Monday, 20 October 2008 10:03
Subject: Simon Baker - Damage to motobike 09/10/2008
Importance: High

Hi Judd

I ride a black Honda Hornet motorcycle reg # 68YWA

I parked at approximately 8.25am and went back to motorbike at 5.00pm
I parked along side a Blue Honda CBRR600 on my left and a scooter on my right , damage to fuel tank is on top of the tank on the right hand side there are also a few scratches.

By my guess it looks as though another motor cycle had tipped over on top of it, The only motorcycle I know of that parks there that is high enough to do so is a BMW Dakar that was not parked there when I went back but I had seen later upstairs and had Damage I had not noticed previously on it . How ever not pointing blame yet.

Either that or it was deliberately hit with a bat. My motorbike was not moved from where it was parked and I was parked directly under a security camera on level 1a near walk way entrance / exit heading towards the viaduct.

If you need any further details please advise , I can be contacted on the below numbers.

Regards

SIMON

http:///"
This email is confidential. If it is not intended for you please do not read, distribute or copy it or any attachments. Please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message and any attachments.
Any views expressed in this email may be those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Auckland City Council.

mdnzz
29th October 2008, 14:20
is not videos meant to be saved for x amount of time in case of emergency situations that may arise or damages claims etc

kiwifruit
29th October 2008, 14:21
perhaps if you'd been slightly less of a cunt..... :shutup:

Forest
29th October 2008, 14:22
DVR = digital video recorder.

It is possible that the video feed from that particular camera is not being recorded (it might only be monitored by the attendant in the booth).

It still sucks however. I'm not sure what else you can do.

NOMIS
29th October 2008, 14:26
perhaps if you'd been slightly less of a cunt..... :shutup:

See how you are when no one answers phone calls and email's when your pride and joy been smashed in, ??

especially the fact I had to hunt down the correct person to contact in the first place.

as you can see it happend back on the 9th,

kiwifruit
29th October 2008, 14:28
See how you are when no one answers phone calls and email's when your pride and joy been smashed in, ??

especially the fact I had to hunt down the correct person to contact in the first place.

mmhmmmm :sunny:

Gremlin
29th October 2008, 14:51
If they don't have any stated policies about how they manage the recorded data, it can vary how they do it.

They could have multiple cameras all recording to one space, when the space fills, it stars from the beginning again, erasing old data. Depending how the cameras are set (motion activated etc) and how many there are, it can vary how quickly old data is erased.

I doubt they would archive old footage for a period of x time, as its not a core business.

Then there is the other factor of who they will give the information to (cops only perhaps?), and what kind of resolution it has.

Sucks, but I wouldn't be relying on Auckland City Council for anything :no: (well, except that they will want money in some way, for something)

NOMIS
29th October 2008, 14:53
If they don't have any stated policies about how they manage the recorded data, it can vary how they do it.

They could have multiple cameras all recording to one space, when the space fills, it stars from the beginning again, erasing old data. Depending how the cameras are set (motion activated etc) and how many there are, it can vary how quickly old data is erased.

I doubt they would archive old footage for a period of x time, as its not a core business.

Then there is the other factor of who they will give the information to (cops only perhaps?), and what kind of resolution it has.

Sucks, but I wouldn't be relying on Auckland City Council for anything :no: (well, except that they will want money in some way, for something)

waaaahhhhh .... if he explained this in simpleton terms like you have for me I wouldnt of been so rash, I don't think I was to bad considering...

Anyways nothings going to change except my bank balance

nodrog
29th October 2008, 14:55

isnt it the police's job to find criminals, not yours? let them deal with the bullshit.

Gremlin
29th October 2008, 14:58
waaaahhhhh .... if he explained this in simpleton terms like you have for me I wouldnt of been so rash, I don't think I was to bad considering...
councils are not very logical, and normally incredibly inefficient.

There are often some very good guys within a council, but more often than not, they are outweighed by the morons.

edit: When dealing with anyone in life, try to gain an understanding from their viewpoint, perhaps a nice initial email saying your bike had been damaged, it was expensive, your pride and joy (blah blah, social engineering, pull at the heart strings), and ask about the camera in the area, does it record, how long is footage kept, is it possible they can help etc.

Niceties can go a very long way when dealing with someone (they are human as well) and works far better than being hard assed on them (this comes from someone that is constantly liasing between clients and suppliers)

NOMIS
29th October 2008, 14:59
isnt it the police's job to find criminals, not yours? let them deal with the bullshit.

If they followed this up then yes but i dont put my faith in them unfortunatly

MarkH
29th October 2008, 18:14

:killingme

We got us a comedian here!

We all know it is not the job of the police to find criminals - it is there job to ticket motorists that exceed the speed limit. I have had a car broken into an a bag taken from it, there was a security camera pointed towards where it happened, I filled out a form and I informed the police - guess how much the police did! I also had a house burgled, somewhere around $30K worth of stuff stolen - how much man power did the police put into finding the burglers? For that matter how much police manpower is invested every year to catch burglers compare to that invested in ticketing motorists?

You can break into dozens of homes and steal hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of other peoples possessions and the police are too busy to track you down and arrest you. But if you drive/ride more than 10kph over the speed limit then there are thousands of cops on the road trying to catch you in the act.

Blackshear
29th October 2008, 18:17
:killingme

We got us a comedian here!

We all know it is not the job of the police to find criminals - it is there job to ticket motorists that exceed the speed limit. I have had a car broken into an a bag taken from it, there was a security camera pointed towards where it happened, I filled out a form and I informed the police - guess how much the police did! I also had a house burgled, somewhere around $30K worth of stuff stolen - how much man power did the police put into finding the burglers? For that matter how much police manpower is invested every year to catch burglers compare to that invested in ticketing motorists?

You can break into dozens of homes and steal hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of other peoples possessions and the police are too busy to track you down and arrest you. But if you drive/ride more than 10kph over the speed limit then there are thousands of cops on the road trying to catch you in the act.
+1, in most circumstances.

There's a few good fellas out there, givvem that :apint:

MarkH
29th October 2008, 18:36
+1, in most circumstances.

There's a few good fellas out there, givvem that :apint:

Yeah but that's the point isn't it? There are a few cops trying to find criminals and doing the best that they can, but there are a huge number giving out tickets. It isn't the fault of the individual officers, it is how the higher ups decide to allocate resources.

snuffles
30th October 2008, 07:35
Its only a honda for fucks sake, who cares:sleep:

NOMIS
30th October 2008, 07:39
Its only a honda for fucks sake, who cares:sleep:

lammeeee, lamest person of the day is you!