PDA

View Full Version : Licence question?

Grin-T
29th October 2008, 19:54
Ok, this will probably be a dumb question to ask, and I can probably find out the answer quite easily, but I'm lazy... So sing out if you can help out.

I got my new bike learners photo licence in the mail today, and since I've had my car licence for quite a long while now it is quite close to expiry date. They have obviously taken a new photo of me just before sitting my scratchy, so I don't see why they shouldn't reset my expiry date and give me another 10 years?

For those of you who also hold a car licence before getting your bike, is the expiry date on the new card the same as your old card?

P.S - I now hold a blue card... I feel as if I've been demoted..

Heineken
29th October 2008, 20:06
I got my motorcycle learners a month or so ago, already had my full car for years, expiry date remained the same

Gummie
29th October 2008, 20:26
if you hold a learners for class 1 or 6 then its blue. For 2,3,4,5 learners its the same what ever colour your card should be according to your class 1,6 licence. i have 1 full, 2 4learners 6learners and its blue. your licence will have the new 10 up grade when it due in the month of that you orginally did it. according to your ?5 birthday year.

mazz1972
5th November 2008, 23:31
Gummie is right, when you make changes to your licence, the expiry time is not extended - it will always expire on your next x5th birthday.

Mine was about to expire when I did my restricted. I hoped if I did the renewal and the test together that I would only pay one licence fee.

Wrong - I had to do two. Received my new (blue) licence, and the next day I got the second (orangey) licence with my restricted added.

Bloody waste of my money and their time they should allow both to be done at once.

Lurch
6th November 2008, 17:17
I too have recently gained my 6L and my licence expiry did not extend and to add insult to injury went a pretty baby blue!

You Maniacs! You blue it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

sinfull
6th November 2008, 17:34
Haha do you really think they would do themselves out of the fee whatever it is for your licence renewall ! Nah new photo with every licence, new card, new fee !!!