PDA

View Full Version : Book thumbnail review.

Motu
1st November 2008, 08:49
Motorcycle Electrical Systems....trouble shooting and repair,by Tracy Martin.

This is a great book for those wanting to learn a bit about their bike electrical system,and how to repair it.Back to basics and no mumbo jumbo,he cut through the crap,explains how it works and how to find whats wrong.He is very much into voltage drop tests,something I've not really done much of....it has it's uses,but is not the be all of trouble shooting as Tracy seems to think.Mind you,he has a hell of a lot more knowledge and experience than I do.I've been doing some voltage drop tests at work to see if I can get results faster....and haven't seen any advantage yet - but I am going to put this method into my tool kit by repetition,and one day it's going to pay off I'm sure.

It has a picture of a Harley on the cover,and HD and BMW are covered in the book too.I hope this is not too big an obstical for sports bike riders....

Blood Sweat & 2nd Gear - more medicine for motorcyclists by flash gordon,md.

A riding doctor has written a book for motorcyclists - gotta be good eh! A lot of stuff I didn't want to read....but we need to read such stuff,it's important.I don't want to dwell on what will happen to me if I crash...or what is just around the corner as I get older (it's already here,but I have shut my eyes so it can't see me).He's a bit into drugs,like any American doctor,and you'll need one large pannier just to carry what you need for a day ride - but if you get bored you can get really out of it and not dent your supplies.He also misses my particular motorcyclists complaint - but otherwise I urge you read this book...even if just once.

They are going back to the library right now if you want to read them.The library in my small town has the best petrolhead section I've ever seen - good to see my rates getting put to use in ways I can use.