PDA

View Full Version : Lady adventure riders

strommergirl
1st November 2008, 13:06
A show of hands for all the ladies that can handle their own off the beaten path...:2thumbsup

thepom
2nd November 2008, 07:48
looks like its just you then!!!...well good on you and how about a picture of yourself:sunny:

young1
2nd November 2008, 07:56
You will find that a few of them are doing the Hawkes Bay adventure ride this weekend so won't be near a PC.

dino3310
2nd November 2008, 08:10
You will find that a few of them are doing the Hawkes Bay adventure ride this weekend so won't be near a PC.

yep like true adventurers they're out there doing it, and they do it well

SDU
2nd November 2008, 13:19
There are a quite a few adventurers/off roader chics here & then theres me who misses my trail bike :( but there is no way i'd be able to prize it away from the chic that rides it now.:apint: good on her too! shes done more passes etc on it then I have:niceone:
I'll be back mud plugging & bush bashing again one day

Rosie
3rd November 2008, 07:33

:yes: there were a few ladies out on the HB ride this weekend.
I'm not as fast as the boys yet, but I'm working on it :chase:

helenoftroy
3rd November 2008, 15:47
There are a quite a few adventurers/off roader chics here & then theres me who misses my trail bike :( but there is no way i'd be able to prize it away for the chic that rides it now.:apint: good on her too! shes doe more passes etc on it then I have:niceone:
I'll be back mud plugging & bush bashing again one day

The mighty DR is the one:wari:Love the bike to bits...and no way can you have her back sorry Sal

Im old but nowhere near ready to give up the trail bike side of biking(but I do love having 2 bikes)....

Went thru the Rainbow this last weekend and had a ball.

JATZ
3rd November 2008, 19:33
Introducing.......

Mrs jatz

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp201/ztaj/113_1549.jpg

SDU
4th November 2008, 13:25
The mighty DR is the one:wari:Love the bike to bits...and no way can you have her back sorry Sal

Im old but nowhere near ready to give up the trail bike side of biking(but I do love having 2 bikes)....

Buggar! but I can't imagine you without a trail bike

Heard you had an awesome ride to through the Molesworth to the Nelson rally!:2thumbsup

Oh & can you other gals keep the pictures coming plze!

marks
4th November 2008, 19:09

we are waiting patiently for the photos....:zzzz:

helenoftroy
5th November 2008, 13:17
soon!!:soon:

Unit
15th November 2008, 11:40
Cool picture of Mrs Jatz. I'd love to see more of the adventure ride photos out there. Has got me thinking, what would I get for $4k in an adventure bike if I decided to give it a try? Any suggestions folks? Im a competent road riding and track day big bike rider, but never done off road, would love to give it a try and get into this side of motorcycling.....

Jantar
15th November 2008, 12:12
;;;;Im old but nowhere near ready to give up the trail bike side of biking(but I do love having 2 bikes).........

Utter nonsense. You were 5 years younger than me last year, and this year you are still 5 years younger than me.

Proof that you are not old, and not even growing any older. :hug:

Unit
15th November 2008, 12:25
Utter nonsense. You were 5 years younger than me last year, and this year you are still 5 years younger than me.

You will always be first Jantar, you win :first:

helenoftroy
15th November 2008, 13:08
Cool picture of Mrs Jatz. I'd love to see more of the adventure ride photos out there. Has got me thinking, what would I get for $4k in an adventure bike if I decided to give it a try? Any suggestions folks? Im a competent road riding and track day big bike rider, but never done off road, would love to give it a try and get into this side of motorcycling.....
Great that you want to give the adventure side a try,is there anyone you know with a trail bike you could have a play on??
it opens up a whole new side to riding:niceone:I love it.... have come from a motocross/dirt bike background,to trail bikes,big GS BMWs and only this year to a road bike
Give it a go!!.....you know you want to!!:devil2:

You are the loveliest man:hug:
Ok !!we will never grow old:msn-wink:

Unit
15th November 2008, 13:28
So how do you find the BMW? Im sure if I asked around I could find some generous soul who would dear to let me loose on their bike. But we tend to test own all our bikes so will probably go down that line

helenoftroy
15th November 2008, 19:25
Test rode a GS650,not really me,then I had a R80GS paris dakar and then a R100GS.The last Bemer,the 1000cc was a truely amazing adventure bike....miss her sometimes:weep:

Still my current two bikes are both fantastic for wot they do....and I can ride my friends GS1100 to get my Boxer fix:woohoo::woohoo:

warewolf
15th November 2008, 21:51
I'd love to see more of the adventure ride photos out there.In NZ section of advrider.com: Local ride report links (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41793)

Ally67
17th November 2008, 17:24
:confused:ok ladys i have a question.
I would like to know how many of you can pick your bikes up if they fall over.
I keep trying but since my arms are like that man in the TORDON add (toothpicks) i'm still trying:sweatdrop

warewolf
17th November 2008, 19:01
It's technique not strength. There is a how-to on the interweb, with a rather diminuitive lady demonstrating how to pick up a Gold Wing (admittedly on smooth tarmac).

Here's one (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A708220)reference.

Ms Topo
17th November 2008, 19:39
I can I can I can:woohoo:

JATZ
17th November 2008, 19:49
Bwaaaahahahahahah

Went out and dumped it on the back lawn gently, then came back inside (she won't be as amused as I am)

BTW thanks for the link w/wolf

Padmei
17th November 2008, 20:28
Mate you're such a gentleman. If you've damaged that beautiful bike i won't forgive you!!

warewolf
17th November 2008, 20:44
Went out and dumped it on the back lawn gently, then came back insideYep, last of the true gentlemen.

So how fast were you going, really? :shutup: :innocent:

MyGSXF
17th November 2008, 20:53
Hi there.. :wavey: yep.. here's another one to add to the list!!! :niceone:

Went out riding up the back of Eve's Valley with my brother, son (12 1/2) & nephew (9) on Sunday. Had my son on the back.. which helped lower the bloody thing enough so I could reach the ground...:shutup: Had an AWESOME day out!! I'd absolutely LOVE to have an off road bike of my own & get out doin it more often!!! :Punk: any sugar daddies out there... :shifty:

Rosie
18th November 2008, 07:25
I keep trying but since my arms are like that man in the TORDON add (toothpicks) i'm still trying:sweatdrop

I can! (usually) but the sherpa is a tiny wee thing, and I've got fairly strong arms.

I've never had much luck with the turn-your-back-to-the-bike technique, but I know of a lot of other women who find it really helpful. You need to find a technique that works for you, and get lots of practise :sunny:

Ruralman
18th November 2008, 09:30

You could probably pick up a bullet proof Yamaha XT600 around that price (Delphinus has his one listed on Trademe - its really tidy with heaps of extras on it but he may be after a little more $'s).
The XT is pretty legendary for reliability and longevity but down a little on power compared to a DR650 Suzuki - you could probably find a DR at that price if the vendor was "motivated". The XT generally are super quiet and you could release more power with an exhaust upgrade if that was an issue

Delphinus
18th November 2008, 09:54
I am indeed selling a great condition Yamaha XT600 (2003). PM sent Unit.

Ms Topo
18th November 2008, 13:03
Bwaaaahahahahahah

Went out and dumped it on the back lawn gently, then came back inside (she won't be as amused as I am)

BTW thanks for the link w/wolf

:oi-grr: Poor Mrs Jatz

helenoftroy
18th November 2008, 14:42
It's technique not strength
Absolutely!....but we usually perfect the technique on the back lawn,not on the tricky steep bits where the bike will be on its side facing downhill(Cooneyr is my hero to the rescue:love:)

Went out and dumped it on the back lawn gently, then came back inside
Lol...thats what my late father used to do with any bike I brought,250s or less no prob:Punk:Back in the 80's the XL500S was a bit of a struggle but i was determined:done:( kick start was character building!!)

I can pick up the DR on the flat if I try VERY hard.The BMWR100GS I picked up on the Rapaki track with a newly broken arm....:doh:

Rosie
18th November 2008, 14:46
:oi-grr: Poor Mrs Jatz

Better than waiting for her to have a crash, then saying "I'm not helping you, you wanted to learn to pick it up yourself" :2guns:

helenoftroy
18th November 2008, 14:48
I am indeed selling a great condition Yamaha XT600 (2003). PM sent Unit.
This is a very tidy bike and would be a great bike for a beginner adventure rider I agree...
Delphinus and I rode around a fair portion of the South Island early this year,I tried out the XT,was fine for my height:scooter::scooter::scooter:

Ally67
18th November 2008, 17:33
I did it.:cool:Then along came big mean jatz and layed it down again:mad:
but he had to pick it back up my arms had had enough for one day.
Thanks for the tip WW but that didn't work for me.

dino3310
18th November 2008, 17:56

shit i can bearly get mine of the ground with a near empty tank,
put my back out last time i tried.:baby:

dino3310
18th November 2008, 18:00
I did it.:cool:Then along came big mean jatz and layed it down again:mad:
but he had to pick it back up my arms had had enough for one day.
Thanks for the tip WW but that didn't work for me.

:lol: james is just training you up so you can help him with the BIG:yes:

JATZ
18th November 2008, 18:09
:lol: james is just training you up so you can help him with the BIG:yes:

You read my mind:laugh:

cooneyr
18th November 2008, 18:22
Absolutely!....but we usually perfect the technique on the back lawn,not on the tricky steep bits where the bike will be on its side facing downhill(Cooneyr is my hero to the rescue:love:)...

One day you can pick Tenzing up when I drop him and we'll call it even :D

Cheers R

helenoftroy
18th November 2008, 19:13
I did it.:cool:Then along came big mean jatz and layed it down again:mad:.
Well done!!:2thumbsupThats a mean trick laying it down again lol:angry2:

One day you can pick Tenzing up when I drop him and we'll call it even :D
Cheers R
Err right ho !!I'll up the weetbix in preparation;)

Dont hold you breath tho....Tenzing looks like a chunky model:oi-grr:

OV Lander
18th November 2008, 21:50
It's technique not strength. There is a how-to on the interweb, with a rather diminuitive lady demonstrating how to pick up a Gold Wing (admittedly on smooth tarmac).

Here's one (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A708220)reference.

Have seen the one refered to, can't find it now though... ...but try this one. Same technique, just different footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4MPyX0QCYw

Rosie
19th November 2008, 07:22
I did it.:cool:

Go you! :woohoo::woohoo:

Ms Topo
19th November 2008, 09:03
[QUOTE=Mrs jatz;1815174]I did it.:cool:

Yay for Mrs Jatz!:banana: