PDA

View Full Version : Night speed drag wars friday 7/1/08

CHOPPA
2nd November 2008, 17:07
I wanna put my bike down the strip, does the bike have to be in road trim fully like does it need to be warrantable with indicators and shit or just put the top fairing on with the lights etc? also i suppose you have to have dot tyres? and my road licence is suspended can i still race....?

Cant find info on the website...

Any one else goin???

DMNTD
2nd November 2008, 17:10
I wanna put my bike down the strip, does the bike have to be in road trim fully like does it need to be warrantable with indicators and shit or just put the top fairing on with the lights etc? also i suppose you have to have dot tyres? and my road licence is suspended can i still race....?

Cant find info on the website...

Any one else goin???

From what I've gathered from when I've done Meremere, it needs to have a WOF and Reg unless you have a "drag license".
Therefore...no slicks etc but contact the organisers re their rules.
Can't be of anymore help sorry man but may see you there on our '14 :scooter:

CHOPPA
2nd November 2008, 17:21
I better put all the road gear on to be safe, hope the licence situation will be sweet.....

I reckon the 10 will be good for 9s!

DMNTD
2nd November 2008, 17:24
I better put all the road gear on to be safe, hope the licence situation will be sweet.....

I reckon the 10 will be good for 9s!

At Meremere you must produce/show your license...surely you didn't hand over yours?

Mate of mine got high 9's on his K3 GSXR1000 :eek:

CHOPPA
2nd November 2008, 17:51
yeah i did, didnt realise i was out of demerit points and they took it straight away!! Ill see if i can get around it

revlikeshit
4th November 2008, 21:28
Speaking from experience, you need a wof, rego, dot approved tyres, and a licence.... and im guessing even if you try getting a drag racing licence you wont get in,you'l need to fill out your licence details on there etc.....

If its a stock zx10r,and your first time racing u definately wont do 9's......

Might break into the mid-high 10's if ridden almost to its limit... but most likely 11's.

boomer
4th November 2008, 21:54
Speaking from experience, you need a wof, rego, dot approved tyres, and a licence.... and im guessing even if you try getting a drag racing licence you wont get in,you'l need to fill out your licence details on there etc.....

Might break into the mid-high 10's if ridden almost to its limit... but most likely 11's.
huh.. i did 11's on a honduh 600.. :wacko:

By all account Chopper likes playing in the mud so hes not afraid of a slide or two..

CHOPPA
4th November 2008, 22:40

Not really stock..... Ive done a few practice starts... Im sure the launch control and traction control would help too! I can talk it up all i want now cause i doubt i will be allowed to ride! haha

CHOPPA
4th November 2008, 22:42

btw you should come to my fundraiser!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=85062

revlikeshit
5th November 2008, 18:39
11's on a honda 600, yea and what??? difference will be trap speed... yea might do 10's, but definately not a 9.....

Traction control on an '08 zx10r will make it slower, easier and more consistant maybe, but not faster... it retards the timing when it detects wheel spin....

Would need to strap the front end to pull 9's too..... you've got to be realistic... i'd say if ridden really well maybe 10.2-10.4's.... other wise a good guess would be mid to high 10's.

seen it all before, i know.

CHOPPA
5th November 2008, 19:02
11's on a honda 600, yea and what??? difference will be trap speed... yea might do 10's, but definately not a 9.....

Traction control on an '08 zx10r will make it slower, easier and more consistant maybe, but not faster... it retards the timing when it detects wheel spin....

Would need to strap the front end to pull 9's too..... you've got to be realistic... i'd say if ridden really well maybe 10.2-10.4's.... other wise a good guess would be mid to high 10's.

seen it all before, i know.

The traction control i have is fully adjustable and the launch control fixes the wheely problem, i have run 10s on standard 600s several times, the 10s good for 9s and i have the fastest reactions :bleh:

revlikeshit
5th November 2008, 20:54
Ok, guess you can show everyone these 9's then ....

Oh, and your reaction time makes no difference to what E.T you run....
you could have a 2minute reaction time and still run a 10second 1/4 mile, E.T is only point to point.....

-but you would know that....

and you have faster reaction times than any other rider at the drags, i highly doubt that.

mugins
6th November 2008, 10:56
Come on you two leave it for for the track.:spanking:Zx10 easy can do 9s passes just need the right track condition's which will be most unlikely this Friday as they proably have not VHT the track?,it's just a case of no wheel spin,and keeping the front down and given it shit:2guns:

Here'sthe news letter.$15 to get in $25 to race l think.

A new summer season of Night Speed Dragwars is due to blast off on 7th November 2008. There are some significant changes this year.

There will be two Seasons of three meetings each. The first is the Zodiac Motors Spring season with dates on 7th, and 21st November and lastly 12th December 2008. The 7th November meeting will feature an impressive fireworks display with free admission to children under 12.

The summer season gets under way on the 20th February 2009, then 6th March with the finals on 20th March 2009. Each season has separate prizemoney and points.

t3mp0r4ry nzr
6th November 2008, 11:57
Didnt whytey (MArk Whyte) do a 9.99 on a stock 06 busa 1st time dragging? if so, 9's canty be to hard? hahaha
Muggins would know, aye Mike ;)

mugins
6th November 2008, 12:42
Didnt whytey (MArk Whyte) do a 9.99 on a stock 06 busa 1st time dragging? if so, 9's canty be to hard? hahaha
Muggins would know, aye Mike ;)

you would think it would easy wouldn't you but even the guys that do the bike write up's and shootouts have trouble getting the litre sport bikes in the 9s and that's on top tracks,yes Mark did a 9.9 on he's third ever pass on a stock busa which brings me back to what l said .good track(was just after the nats),on a hot track ,cool night and Mark can ride(well most of the time "R1"?).At the last winter meet i think the best any body could get down to was 11.0.The record is only 10.2 for Amod bike so maybe it's not that easy when it really counts.Dont think l'll have the 08 busa ready for friday but it's drilled for the wet NOS system and almost back together,any guess on what sort of time's ? If the rain stays away the first meeting is always the best so see yall there.

CHOPPA
6th November 2008, 14:33
Id do a 9, id put money on it. I have emailed them and due to me having a suspended licence for the road i cant drag race, i cant even get a special drag licence.... Its a race track what a load of cock!

nodrog
6th November 2008, 14:38
Id do a 9, id put money on it. I have emailed them and due to me having a suspended licence for the road i cant drag race, i cant even get a special drag licence.... Its a race track what a load of cock!

get sombody else to sign your bike in, and you ride it, its not like they can see through your helmet :shutup:

Richard
6th November 2008, 18:22

Hi
Yes...and then some Tree Hugging P.C. spouting twat finds out you raced and the council shuts Meremere down for the lot of us.
And don't think that the council anit trying already !!!
Sorry that those demerits all caught up with you...been there myself.
But at the end of the day Meremere have to play by the rules so there is not much that can be done.
So how about you come back and race in the REAL competion....The NZDRA Points Series ?
Should have your license back before it finishes and you could get your name in the record book.
We need all the riders we can get and you might even get yours self on TV ONE...they are filming the whole season.
Richard
GS1200SS

Richard
6th November 2008, 18:25
you would think it would easy wouldn't you but even the guys that do the bike write up's and shootouts have trouble getting the litre sport bikes in the 9s and that's on top tracks,yes Mark did a 9.9 on he's third ever pass on a stock busa which brings me back to what l said .good track(was just after the nats),on a hot track ,cool night and Mark can ride(well most of the time "R1"?).At the last winter meet i think the best any body could get down to was 11.0.The record is only 10.2 for Amod bike so maybe it's not that easy when it really counts.Dont think l'll have the 08 busa ready for friday but it's drilled for the wet NOS system and almost back together,any guess on what sort of time's ? If the rain stays away the first meeting is always the best so see yall there.

Hi
Mike are you going to be contesting the Mod Bike NZDRA points series this coming season ?
Richard

revlikeshit
6th November 2008, 18:58
Wasnt trying to start an argument, was just saying,yea its not as easy to run 9's as some people put it...

Busa's are alot more tractable and have a longer wheelbase than a 10r so tend to be a bit more consistant at pulling fast times....

Either way,the more bikes there the better, it should be good.

mugins
6th November 2008, 19:49
Hi
Mike are you going to be contesting the Mod Bike NZDRA points series this coming season ?
Richard

Hi Richard yes if time allows will racing the whole series inclucing the two south island rounds,the busa in a/mod ie;no nos at this stag,and the 1000 in b/sb.If we have to travel all that way might as well make the most of it,got to try and stop you from taking it out for three years in a row.:girlfight: Is your 2 smoker going to be making it to the track? .....As for the busa's and zx14s being easier to ride l think that may be so the 1000s been so short and light sure can make them a hand full and 9second passes arent a sure thing.lam am hoping to be in 9.7-8 on the 1000 and maybe 9.5s on the busa by the end of the season .

mugins
6th November 2008, 20:04
So how about you come back and race in the REAL competion....The NZDRA Points Series ?

Dont know if l quite agree with that statement.in the point series there may be only 6-10 that your racing against where as the night drags there may 150others, more runs, more chance of getting whipped.l know some of the "real" drag racer look down at the sport bike riders and for that matter the boy racers but this level is where they start and learn and get hooked,and l think lve have worked hard to get as many people down to the track to have a go and have fun no matter what vehicle they are in/on.Like l keep telling Rooster it's a lot safer at a track ..:scooter:

CHOPPA
6th November 2008, 21:12
I didnt learn my lesson with the demerit points thing soon enough and got caught driving while suspended! stupid i know! I would race that series, i will race any and every series race possible, road, mx, drags.

Surely there must be a way around the licence thing though, to obtain a drag racing licence why do you have to have a car licence? Cant i prove that im capable or something....?

CHOPPA
6th November 2008, 21:16

Dont know if l quite agree with that statement.in the point series there may be only 6-10 that your racing against where as the night drags there may 150others, more runs, more chance of getting whipped.l know some of the "real" drag racer look down at the sport bike riders and for that matter the boy racers but this level is where they start and learn and get hooked,and l think lve have worked hard to get as many people down to the track to have a go and have fun no matter what vehicle they are in/on.Like l keep telling Rooster it's a lot safer at a track ..:scooter:

Thats my whole point, someone loses there licence and they go to a dragway to do the right thing and the dragway a race track says na, that in itself is shooting itself in the foot! I can race my bike at any road race track in nz without a licence

Richard
7th November 2008, 05:49
,got to try and stop you from taking it out for three years in a row .

Hi
Too late...I have won the NZ Mod Bike Championship for the last 3 seasons 2006..07..08.
I'm not racing the full season this year...just going to a few meetings to keep my eye in for the Tran Tasman Challenge.
I'm also going to race the GS1200SS at the Winter Nationals next year so that should be real interesting.
As for some "real Drag racers" looking down on the street bike. Well I consider myself a real drag racer and I race a street bike. All the racers I know encourage ever rider to join our sport.
Best of luck for your season and watch out for Allan Thorenson as he will most likely be chasing the Mod bike Championship.
Richard

scott411
10th November 2008, 15:19
i think you might just do a 9 Choppa, i took a stock standard 07 ZX10R down to a night wars and 10.49, from memore i think it was 217kph though the traps, (with stock gearing i was still in 3rd gear), it was my first time on a drag strip on a bike and i have never raced a big bike, trick is getting it launched, you have a fair bit more practice on starting one than i would have,