PDA

View Full Version : NO headlights, except pass switch

letard
3rd November 2008, 20:01
can any one help. my headlights dont work. high or low beem except wen i press the pass (flash) switch. i had 2 ride home with a rubber band round it blinding ppl (least the saw me) lol.

any ideas. checked fuses and connections quickly

98tls
3rd November 2008, 20:05
can any one help. my headlights dont work. high or low beem except wen i press the pass (flash) switch. i had 2 ride home with a rubber band round it blinding ppl (least the saw me) lol.

any ideas. checked fuses and connections quickly At a guess i would be taking the switchblock apart and having a gander.

MaxB
3rd November 2008, 20:27
As a first place to start I would look at the hi-lo beam rocker switch and the headlight off-on switch and go from there. Any signs one has burnt out?

letard
3rd November 2008, 20:40
As a first place to start I would look at the hi-lo beam rocker switch and the headlight off-on switch and go from there. Any signs one has burnt out?

no but i did hear a funny noise wen i flickd it on the ride befor i noticed it. remembering back now. hmmm...............

scracha
3rd November 2008, 20:57
no but i did hear a funny noise wen i flickd it on the ride befor i noticed it. remembering back now. hmmm...............

it's fucked and the yzf is a bus so it's best i take it off yer hands for 3K.

On the other hand, unscrew all the switch gear and get set about it with some contact cleaner. As a get out of jail card then just wire in the low beam to stay on permanently until you get replacement switch gear.

Squiggles
4th November 2008, 07:05
If the lights are always on / turnoff when you press the starter switch normally then open up the RHS switchblock, one of the wires has probably come off the starter switch, tis more common on honda's for them to break

Xile
4th November 2008, 15:22
hmmm just had kinda same problem...
Had only high beam and position lights working, but back from Taupo last Friday, neither high or low beam, just position lights...
Not sure what to check first: fuse, 'bulb', or connections

(sorry to highjack your thread a bit...)