PDA

View Full Version : Hornet Swarm by night ...

gijoe1313
3rd November 2008, 22:27
Well, it was a very impromptu meet n'greet tonight ... ended up with Toto, Choco and I having a little Hornet get together!

Turned up that it was a bigger ride than expected! Had Banzai and PirateJafa bingle bonking along with the swarm...

Met up at Auckland City Library, Banzai already in Borders waiting for us! :lol:
I was playing with my bling ice blue LEDs on the Big Ol'Hornet waiting for the rest to show up.

Nice sounds of the Hooligan and a lil'ol'hornet meant the swarm was complete. The others duly arrived and the usual bike shite talk fest commenced before Jafa needed to fill up (rather than riding on fumes).

Toto graciously allowed me to have a blat on the Hooligan and I was mightily impressed with it! :love: Gotta luv' them Hornets! :yes:

Anyway down to Caltex, through the domain twisties, along to Mission Bay and a stop to swap bikes again. Through the St Heliers GP, down to Panmunters where we chin wagged and took obligatory photos ... a couple of homeless fellas asked if we had smokes ... as if ow!

From there, it was the parting of the swarm, Toto and Choco off back norf, and Jafa, Banzai and I did a quick zootle to Buckland's beach.

I ended up riding back through Whitford way and goddamn if I didn't run into the biggest, juiciest, squelchiest bugs at night. I got home and had to throw my gear into the wash since it was a mess of gloopy yellows and greens! :sick:

Never mind, was a good night for a meet n'greet n'ride!

Just have to find more Hornets to go buzzing around with next! :devil2:

Choco
3rd November 2008, 22:29
Thanks for a great little toodle and Talk-fest folks!
Also Hooligan = :shit:
Falk that thing moves if you ask it too!

PirateJafa
3rd November 2008, 22:31
I figured the ride needed moar V4 power!

Now to find me some LEDs...

gijoe1313
3rd November 2008, 22:32
Thanks for a great little toodle and Talk-fest folks!
Also Hooligan = :shit:
Falk that thing moves if you ask it too!

I think your lil'ol'hornet needs some bling LEDs next! :msn-wink: And piccies! Need piccies 'cause this thread will be useless without them ow!

@PirateJafa : Hey, remember if you need a hand, ask the Electric Red LED camo ninja! :msn-wink:

Holy crapola, I just watched some of the water chugging out of the washing machine and it is blacker than the hind arse of Obama! Must wash them more often! :o No trace of the green and yellow gloop of suicide bugs however!

Choco
3rd November 2008, 22:43
Whoops! forgot the photos!

Lucy
3rd November 2008, 22:50
Ooooh.....blue led bling.....me likes......!

Choco
3rd November 2008, 22:51

And he can turn them on and off with his MIND :yes:

TOTO
3rd November 2008, 22:52
Hooligan has been secretly talking to me the whole day while I had my two exams - one in the morning and one in the avo. As I was doing all the Muly-Guess questions I get this voice in my head saying - gotta go for a ride , gotta go for a ride ...all too settle but contant. An impromptu ride was just what the doctor ordered to take care of the voice in my head...

Me and choco got to the building full of books and knollage to find the master Ninja already on the sidewalk, pacing back and forth playing with the newest bling on the Big Ol'Ornet - Bright sparkling blue sources of magic that lit the bottom side of the Big Ol'Ornet like christmas three on at night. It was a WOW feeling looking at it. Kust like those bugs that get hipnotised looking at the UV neons , me and choco were hipnotised by the dazling display of prittiness comming from GiJoes thrusty big steed.

Set of on the St. Heliers Gp trough the nice smoothe roads, parks and alike with the brightly lit up Big Ol'Ornet in the front leading the way, amazing all the kids eating Ice Cream on mission bay.Following were Banzai's worlds fastest GN, PirateJafa's fastest race VFR, Chocos Hornet with the chocolate wheels. Me was in charge of the Hooligan at the end of the swarm to scare off any unwanted elements by making sure that if they happen to follow the Hooligan too closely are risking their eardrums exploding...:innocent:

At some stage of the pootling we picked up a Car full of smurfs that were attracted the Hooligan's exhaust as it was Smurfiet toples on the beach. Anyhow they decided that we were just a bunch of innocent bikers that wouldnt bother to brake the lay so they decided to not interrupt our happy swarming around Sin City - yeppeee :D

Met a few Homies that were up to no good but seeing that we were bad ass bikers that possibly kill people :ar15: decided its not worth comming close to the swarm, and good for them :D

All in all a great night swarming around the city of snails with the Head Hornet Honcho in the front.

Me sa things that ought to become a regular activity ... what do ya say fellow hornets ?

TOTO
3rd November 2008, 22:54
The Hooligan is begging me to get him some Green LED's too ...gotta do what the Hooligan says :yes:

Choco
3rd November 2008, 22:54
...Banzai's worlds fastest GN...

<_<

Great write up Toto! Thanks for inviting me along too!

gijoe1313
3rd November 2008, 22:57
The rinse cycle on the vibrating fluid flux agitator is now revealing clearer water, in spin cycle now! Shall hang them in the hot water cupboard and have that nice fresh effervescent feeling of clean biker gear! (an oxymoron I am shure!) :baby:

TOTO
3rd November 2008, 23:02

Photos dont even give it 1/3 the credit it deserves. You gotta see it live to apprechiate how susper sexy blue it is :woohoo:

musicman
3rd November 2008, 23:09
What route did you guys take? "Nice smooth roads", "Domain twisties", where are these? Can someone please Google maps the roads? Thinking about going for a ride around there sometime.

Forest
4th November 2008, 02:47
What route did you guys take? "Nice smooth roads", "Domain twisties", where are these? Can someone please Google maps the roads? Thinking about going for a ride around there sometime.

The "Domain twisties" are a short, but very sweet, set of bends in the Auckland Domain.

Do a google map search for "lower domain drive, auckland"

Trudes
4th November 2008, 03:28
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!:msn-wink:

BANZAI
4th November 2008, 22:27
Whoops! forgot the photos!

I don't come here often enough, maybe I should. I've been missing out on things :laugh:

Hmmm what a shiny pants and neck :lol:

It was good ride guys, I took the route back from work :niceone:

Ragingrob
4th November 2008, 22:31
Good representation of the V4 moar power crew there Jafa you're doing us proud!

racefactory
4th November 2008, 23:42
Do you think you guys could have done with some moar v4 power by chance?

PirateJafa
4th November 2008, 23:57
Do you think you guys could have done with some moar v4 power by chance?
Every ride needs moar V4 powar.

Too many of these soulless IL4 types around. ;)

racefactory
5th November 2008, 00:11
Inferiors....

BANZAI
5th November 2008, 08:57
Btw after the ride my GN finally clocked 30000kms! Was almost there when I get back so I was going Symonds street up and down LOL

Must be those construction workers working at that time thought WTH is he doing!!!?? O_o

BANZAI
5th November 2008, 13:31
<_<

I'm 2km/h closer to your GN record so if we go for ride again I will try to break your record in front of you :p

I ended up riding back through Whitford way and goddamn if I didn't run into the biggest, juiciest, squelchiest bugs at night. I got home and had to throw my gear into the wash since it was a mess of gloopy yellows and greens! :sick:

I got a bug last night too! They smell so bad! It landed between the helmet and visor and got squashed so the smell comes in so badly on motorway speed It was torture riding for 20mins :pinch:

NOMIS
5th November 2008, 14:01
Led's????

Hmmmmmmmm got me thinking gi.... hope you don't mind. ;-)

I just found out insurance will cover me on a bigger bike, :-) Dont no about it if I crash though. hehe

gijoe1313
5th November 2008, 21:23
Led's????

Hmmmmmmmm got me thinking gi.... hope you don't mind. ;-)

I just found out insurance will cover me on a bigger bike, :-) Dont no about it if I crash though. hehe

No problemo, in fact the more tricked up, lit up, bling blinged rides around, means it will be an awesome sight at night when they are all lit up! :Punk:

NOMIS
6th November 2008, 10:15
No problemo, in fact the more tricked up, lit up, bling blinged rides around, means it will be an awesome sight at night when they are all lit up! :Punk:

Mate, you know I cant resist the urges of chance to add bling, And the led does look good better on a bike than on a car. :-)
Try chrome rim tape, looks good on black bike. there now where even.

I avoided bling like leds because I know how gay it is on a car but it does look nice on the bike

TOTO
6th November 2008, 12:15
I avoided bling like leds because I know how gay it is on a car but it does look nice on the bike

From what I understand tho , you dont ride with it on, but instead turn it on when parked and want everyone to admire your beautiful baby :)

Choco
6th November 2008, 20:07
I'm 2km/h closer to your GN record so if we go for ride again I will try to break your record in front of you :p

Haha sweet man!
Then i can compare the Gn to the Hornet :clap:

BANZAI
6th November 2008, 21:14
Haha sweet man!

So if GN reaches 132 or over then how far hornet can go from there??? 160?

Would be fun :p

NOMIS
6th November 2008, 21:45
So if GN reaches 132 or over then how far hornet can go from there??? 160?

Would be fun :p

maybe 160 on a radar but ive had mine off the clock a few times now on the straight coming back from piha, helps when your tailing behind another perosn on hornet to :-)

NOMIS
6th November 2008, 21:46
Haha sweet man!

sorry banzai to burst the gn buble, but 160 ( reading on clock ) not really a issue... im sure chocos had his up there you just gota have the guts to keep it pinned and find the right piece of road. does take a fair bit , but prob less than it does for a gn to get 130k lol

BANZAI
6th November 2008, 22:10
sorry banzai to burst the gn buble, but 160 ( reading on clock ) not really a issue... im sure chocos had his up there you just gota have the guts to keep it pinned and find the right piece of road. does take a fair bit , but prob less than it does for a gn to get 130k lol

Yea it does need lots of effort to get to that speed :lol:

But I can get there easier than Choco sized person.
I just need to tuck my body under my aerodynamic enhance system and wait for it to reach up there :p

TOTO
6th November 2008, 22:40
Yea it does need lots of effort to get to that speed :lol:

But I can get there easier than Choco sized person.
I just need to tuck my body under my aerodynamic enhance system and wait for it to reach up there :p

you need to do a track day young man. Pukekohe is calling your name...:yes:

BANZAI
6th November 2008, 22:43
you need to do a track day young man. Pukekohe is calling your name...:yes:

If there's beginners trackday session, then I would go. But you know how slow I am at the corners. Hardly can lean the bike :pinch:

TOTO
6th November 2008, 22:53
If there's beginners trackday session, then I would go. But you know how slow I am at the corners. Hardly can lean the bike :pinch:

doesnt matter, as long as you pay the entry fee, the track is yours to play on. Puke has a nice long straight that you can do all your speed testing on.

Ragingrob
6th November 2008, 23:13
doesnt matter, as long as you pay the entry fee, the track is yours to play on. Puke has a nice long straight that you can do all your speed testing on.

Puke doesn't have much of a run-off though :blink:

NOMIS
7th November 2008, 07:35
Puke doesn't have much of a run-off though :blink:

its allright 130ish wont hurt... lmao just kidding

TOTO
7th November 2008, 08:05
its allright 130ish wont hurt... lmao just kidding

Not as much as 300 anyway...

Choco
7th November 2008, 14:07
im sure chocos had his up there

:shifty:
... Maybe...

gijoe1313
7th November 2008, 15:11
:rofl: Poor Big Ol'Hornet .. http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=186484857 I'm sure there will be some mad as bidding on this beauty ... got it saved to my watchlist :msn-wink:

TOTO
7th November 2008, 17:18
yea , its on my watchlist too.