PDA

View Full Version : New zips for boots?

ritchtheitch
4th November 2008, 07:00
Auckland area. I have some Motorrad Exustar Boots - reasonably comfy, good to ride in - but the (very) soft metal pull tab of the zips has broken, and I can no longer comfortably get my paws around them to lower & raise the zips.
Who can I take these to to get them fixed - I presume best way is to get heavy duty zips put in? Cheers, Rich.

Nasty
4th November 2008, 07:16
when my last tag broke off I used a ring from a keyring .. they work great and you don't have to replace the zip.

magicfairy
4th November 2008, 07:27
I used a cable tie. Worked a treat.

I recently had a zip replaced in a boot, cost $60 in Wellington, first place wouldn't do it, said it was too difficult because of the waterproof flap etc, was a lot of work. I just took it to a shoe repair place.

portokiwi
4th November 2008, 07:32
yes most shoe repair shops will repair them. Saw one in the city near dunking dooooonuts and a very good one in New Market.
you could also try mr mint those kiosks in the malls. they do bags. shoes repairs ect.
Hope this helps.:apint:

vifferman
4th November 2008, 07:34
Kerrie at MSW in St Kevins Arcade has replacement sliders - had a few done on my leathers.

Hitcher
4th November 2008, 07:58
My new Sidi boots are zipless.

jrandom
4th November 2008, 08:04
Not that this is directly relevant, but I know that Sidi cycling shoes can be sent back to Italy free of charge to be repaired, regardless of what parts have worn out. I'm not sure if they have the same policy for their motorcycle boots, though.

vifferman
4th November 2008, 08:21
My new Sidi boots are zipless.
They got them ski-boot type ratchet fasteners?

ritchtheitch
4th November 2008, 08:30
hey jrandom, what that you I saw on the big Suzuki with shiny twin suspenders/reservoirs on the NWestern the other day?

Hitcher
4th November 2008, 09:15
They got them ski-boot type ratchet fasteners?

They do. My aversion to mechanical geegaws has been quietened by a couple of people I know who own the same boots and have thrashed them mercilessly. Time will hopefully reveal problem-free riding for my new boots too.

Goretex FTW.

ritchtheitch
4th November 2008, 11:37
Thanks guys, awesome to get so many responses so quickly, even if a couple of you are pretty .. random..!!:msn-wink::msn-wink:

vifferman
4th November 2008, 14:24
hey jrandom, what that you I saw on the big Suzuki with shiny twin suspenders/reservoirs on the NWestern the other day?
He doesn't have a licence.
Doesn't mean it wasn't him, but....