PDA

View Full Version : DRZ400sm '08 for sully

kezzafish
6th November 2008, 22:12
Any interest in buying my DRZ400sm. Very standard, some plastic scuffing (but nothing from the tarmac) 4500ks 08 model, warranty etc. Only reason for selling is my passion lies in the dirt and i want a 2smoke KTM to complement my 450! I have done a bit of cutting/welding on the rear muffler, it improved the performance and sound slightly but needs development (i'm slack and haven't got round to it) the welds look a bit gay but paint and a grinder could clean it up

I'm thinking around 6 grand but am open to offers

AlBundy
6th November 2008, 22:48
Can't help with the sale but hope it works out for ya...

kezzafish
7th November 2008, 02:17
Can't help with the sale but hope it works out for ya...

Hey hey hey... your supposed to be convincing me to stay in the fraternity
What d'ya recon it's worth? what'd you get for yours? or have you still got it

NOID
7th November 2008, 09:16
keen, i quiet like these bikes being a suzuki man :cool: 6k good price to:2thumbsup, what are they like on the open road ? reading reports from other kb members there mixed feeling towards these bikes and it has made me second think bout getting one , or going to the orange side KTM 525 etc for a street tard. sorry to kinda hijack ya thread

kezzafish
7th November 2008, 09:44
keen, i quiet like these bikes being a suzuki man :cool: 6k good price to:2thumbsup, what are they like on the open road ? reading reports from other kb members there mixed feeling towards these bikes and it has made me second think bout getting one , or going to the orange side KTM 525 etc for a street tard. sorry to kinda hijack ya thread

Come have a test ride mate, there's no screen so you can imagine the wind resistance on the open road coupled with the upright seating position. It wouldn't be much of a drama if i didn't live in windy welli. but to be honest, most of your fun is had at under 100kph and with the current gearing it tops out at about 125kph. i've been thinkin of gearing up as 1st is too low. other thing is there's heaps of mods to do like exhaust and carb, these mods bring big gains. The KTM is a better bike. but you'll pay a lot more

NOID
7th November 2008, 11:58
Oyea sounds mean, ill get back to after the weekend (got talk to the other half:eek:)

AlBundy
7th November 2008, 13:28
Lol. Kezzafish, please stay with the motard. What do you want another chook chaser for? BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

I had to give mine away, as the motor was shagged. It's needed a crank, the barrel was stuffed, and a few other things...

I just have to clarify, the previous owner of my bike was obviously just getting rid of it because the motor was shagged and, is in no way a good example of what these can be like. It has also become clear from listening to the new owner, about what's been done to the bike previously, that they were backyard mechanics in the truest sense. They bodged everything together... Mine had over 24000k's on, just for info... (Bought off Trademe, unseen...)

So, I would recommend buying one if it had a good history. They are good bikes and definately fun to ride.

kezzafish
7th November 2008, 16:12
or a very short history (mine)!!!

fi5hy
19th November 2008, 07:04
Ha you could always try riding it at the Slipway??? They never get any enjoyment sitting in the shed.:scooter:

kezzafish
20th November 2008, 10:23
yeah, i was keen on coming to that last one up there with ya but got a last minute offer for a trail ride so i did that. I can't ever see myself picking tard over dirt, especially with the difference in the two bikes' performance, the SXF is a weapon and the DRZ is a bit lame in comparison. Also i ride it to work every day and can't wait for a change when the weekend comes.

Hmmmm, if i had all the money i need?....... i'd need more

WeeHaggis
28th November 2008, 21:38
especially with the difference in the two bikes' performance, the SXF is a weapon and the DRZ is a bit lame in comparison.

Hey man, not being funny, but why dont you do role reversal.....

Take the KTM on the road and see how you get on? Not telling you what, but, dont you think they are two different machines both excellent at what they do?????:whistle:

kezzafish
1st December 2008, 19:05
especially with the difference in the two bikes' performance, the SXF is a weapon and the DRZ is a bit lame in comparison.

Hey man, not being funny, but why dont you do role reversal.....

Take the KTM on the road and see how you get on? Not telling you what, but, dont you think they are two different machines both excellent at what they do?????:whistle:

it's too much like hard work to change it all over, and even if i changed the rims on the SXF i'd still be faster on the DRZ on the road cos of suspension and gearing, the sxf is 4speed, MX only really, in fact it's designed to be ridden in a supercross stadium so it's hopeless for the highspeed stuff, but if i could combine the my favourite aspects of the two..... i'd have a 640 KTM! this could go round in circles for hours as it often does on KB!!

The DRZ is in my opinion the BEST value for money entry level motard availiable by FAAAAR, and i'm not that fussed on whether i sell it or not cos i love it. if i had money i wouldn't but another tard, i'd spend money on the DRZ and get the wheelies and the 160 kph i want out of it

My real dilemmna is my twat head attitude that a better bike is gonna make me better. cos i really wanna kick all my mates asses in the weekends up gnarly trails and for that i need an enduro style bike not a thumpin wheelstanding tabletop leaper. but i still want my thumpin wheelstanding tabletop leaper so i can kick their asses on the MX track too!

Basically i'm a muppet who has to win or i feel insignificant! and i don't have any competition on my Tard to make me spend the cash on it!

Oh shit i've burbled on endlessly... and haven't even finnished what i want to say, everything is cool really i fukken love riding man oh yeeeeah another bev for me now

AlBundy
2nd December 2008, 02:42
If you can get a 39mm carb, you'll be a LOT happier...

The guy who bought mine, has fitted one and reckons it's a HUGE difference...

kezzafish
5th December 2008, 10:52
yeah i know but they're 500 USD from thumpertalk for the kit. I found a second hand one on there from an E and the dude wanted 300 USD

Sully60
5th December 2008, 10:57
If it's for Sully, when can I pick it up?

AlBundy
5th December 2008, 11:43
yeah i know but they're 500 USD from thumpertalk for the kit. I found a second hand one on there from an E and the dude wanted 300 USD

They are around. He paid $280 Kiwi for his... It was 'local' too, he didn't have to get it from overseas.

cleverchap
11th January 2009, 17:50
Is this bike still for sale?:Pokey:

kezzafish
12th January 2009, 10:13
yeah mate. i hate trade me so this is it's only advertisement

cleverchap
12th January 2009, 10:48
Sweet, I've been trying to convince the wife that I need another bike in my life.
You got any photos of the bike? What have you done to the silencer? How many KM's? And what have you done to the gearing?

Cheers
Steve

cleverchap
12th January 2009, 16:05
Hey kezzafish
I can't PM you my cell number as I'm a noob on this site so can you PM me your's and then we can arrange a time/place to view? Thanks

Alpha Solo
17th January 2009, 09:40
DRZ 400 SM's are great and cheap - I love mine, fitting the enduro carb and pipe today...

- Nice avitar too!

cleverchap
18th January 2009, 20:02
kezzafish, slight nightmare at the moment so can't get cash over from the UK, Will be in touch as soon as things have straightened out.
peachvw, yeah I'm looking forward to swinging my leg over one sometime soon. Nice single cab btw ;)

Alpha Solo
27th January 2009, 12:33
Nice paint on yours!

Just to let everyone know that I am currently braking my '02 DRZ400E, all parts available except the pipe and FCR carb.

kezzafish
27th January 2009, 13:48
Nice paint on yours!

Just to let everyone know that I am currently braking my '02 DRZ400E, all parts available except the pipe and FCR carb.

oooh oooh, how much for the stator including the pickup?

Morcs
27th January 2009, 16:03
Theres a mean-as DRZ400SM in red baron at the moment ;)