PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike full licence question

bismarck
7th November 2008, 21:33
Today, when I got my temporary car learner licence, that person took away my motorbike full licence.
Can anyone tell me what the 6F Driver licence version is? It's Item 5b.

Thanks.

2 wheel madness
7th November 2008, 21:40
Think you will find bike is class 6 (car class 1), guessing F would stand for full

bismarck
7th November 2008, 21:44
I just want to know what does Item 6b say on the 6F licence card.

Ixion
7th November 2008, 21:49
Item 5b is the version. It is not related (directly) to the classes you hold. It is changed (incremented, I assume) each time you get a replacement licence card. So that it possible to identify the 'latest' card.

Virago
7th November 2008, 21:51
The 5b on my Class 1 & 6 Full is 404.

bismarck
7th November 2008, 21:52
Oh ok I see. So I can't do ownership transfer online now, I will have to take it to AA.
Thanks for the quick reply:msn-wink:

Ixion
7th November 2008, 21:55
Ah. I see. Yes, I'm afraid that's a gotcha.

Matt_TG
7th November 2008, 21:57
Yeah I had that occur when trying to change ownership when waiting for my plastic card to arrive. You have to put the version number down as part of the ID process (even though you have your licence number) and that version number is specific to that card ... so you're screwed till the licence arrives.

Great system!

Forest
7th November 2008, 22:06
Today, when I got my temporary car learner licence, that person took away my motorbike full licence.
Can anyone tell me what the 6F Driver licence version is? It's Item 5b.

Thanks.

You don't have to surrender your old license. Just tell them you lost it.

Hell. I still have my original non-photo license (expires 2049).

musicman
8th November 2008, 12:05
Yeah I had that occur when trying to change ownership when waiting for my plastic card to arrive. You have to put the version number down as part of the ID process (even though you have your licence number) and that version number is specific to that card ... so you're screwed till the licence arrives.

Great system!

I did a change of ownership before I received my plastic licence card at On Road, it was no problem at all. I just showed them my temporary licence and that was it. I've never done it online though, so can't comment on that, but I do know that if you take it to a licencing agent it's fine.

slofox
8th November 2008, 14:41
. Hell. I still have my original non-photo license (expires 2049).

I'll be 101 in 2049......(jeez...)

Salival
8th November 2008, 19:25
The 5b on my Class 1 & 6 Full is 404.

File not found?

Virago
8th November 2008, 19:49
No, it means I learnt to drive in one of these - the wierdest column-change ever invented...