PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ya'll, anyone know...

hobdar
5th February 2005, 14:33
So here is my first post, Hello....

My names Darryl, been on my learners for like forever....on and off since i was 16 (now i am 33)....WHY oh WHY you scream well i just never got around to it, i had an FZR 250 and did not really need anything faster, 160 kph +
....and i exchanged that for a wedding ring and stopped ridding for a while. Well now i am changing jobs and have some dosh saved up it is going to be cheaper to commute from Wainui to Town so looking for another bike and fully intend on getting my full licence asap so i can get me an FZR 400 to cruise the hills and oh yeah in case my wife reads this ....to get to and from work....

If any one knows of a nice 'real' cheap 250 going pm me.....

Waylander
5th February 2005, 14:37
Welcome to the site mate. Have fun and enjoy it and dont forget to bring the:apint:

hobdar
5th February 2005, 14:49
You can have the Heineken on my desk if you like...its a bit warm...might drink it at the end of my 12 hours shift.....it should be cool by then if i put it in the fridge :2thumbsup

Waylander
5th February 2005, 14:51
You do that:niceone: Mean while you might give this thread a try for your 250cc

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=8565

Joni
5th February 2005, 14:53
Hello.
Welcome to KB, have fun....
:wari:

hobdar
5th February 2005, 15:06
Hi Joni.

thanks, i was still looking at some of the other forums and was looking for bike sales thats how i found y'all. How active is the Wellington bunch of KB's?

riffer
5th February 2005, 15:08
Gidday Hobdar. Welcome to KB.

I bet its freakin hot in Wainui today too. :sweatdrop:

Good luck in finding a bike. You might have more luck finding a ZXR, CBR or VFR 400 than an FZR but if you do find one - good on ya. Go searching for an FZR600 motor to throw in it.

The motors are identical in size, and bolt straight in - no worries with alignment at all apparently. With the great handling of the 400 and the extra grunt of the 600 motor nothing will get close on that hill.

Just be prepared if you get a bike to pay a bit in maintenance for brakes and tyres. Apparently that road surface is a bit hard on tyres and your brakes can get a bit hot coming down the Hutt side.

Try this link for 250cc bikes for sale. (http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/LISTINGS/LISTINGS_SEARCH_RESULTS_ADVANCED.ASP?sidebar=1&search=1&39=Sports+%26+tourer&9=200%2C+400&24=0%2C+0&51=0%2C+0&y=13&mcat=0001-0026-1255-&x=98&sort_order=price_asc)

Riff Raff
5th February 2005, 16:00
Welcome to KB :wavey:
You want to watch out for that Wellington lot - they're a bit strange!!! :shake:

Blakamin
5th February 2005, 16:59
Same thing I did when I found this place... don't spend all your time at work on KB or you'll end up like me!!!! second home!!!

welcome to KB... being in welly you'll get to meet some really cool people... (all the strange ones live north west)

Coyote
5th February 2005, 17:15
Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Have a search in the 250 Club forum, should find a lot of info on 250s there.

hobdar
5th February 2005, 17:42
Thanks for the welcome, Wanui was hot when i left but i am at work in a nice airconditioned building for the next 12 hours (6 to go) and my job allows me to surf constantly just gotta answer the phone when it rings..... :apint: Yup been watching trademe constantly once i got my dosh from my last pay here will be pursuading the missus to let me get a bike, so have been watching trademe and other places like a hawk..if you know of any one with a cheap 250....only need it for a year till i get my full licence...let me know. :spudbooge

toads
5th February 2005, 19:38
gidday, welcome, I'm sure you will get to meet some really interesting people from this site :wari:

Zapf
5th February 2005, 21:20
hello. welcome... have u considered one of these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=21646844

nice and good torque for a 250...

Kendog
5th February 2005, 21:38
I can recommend a GN, brand new only $3000!! (wifey got one about two months ago and is lovin it, real confidence builder and piss easy to ride!!)

I know, the old, "Don't wanna spend that much on a bike I'm only gonna ride for a year", but we looked for something cheaper, and didn't find much that wasn't complete crap!!

Also, you at least know what you're getting, being brand spankin new and you only have to get a warrant once a year!! Feckin marvelous :rockon:

Midnight 82
6th February 2005, 09:11
:wari: Hello and welcome :done:

Coyote
6th February 2005, 10:26
Saw a 1988 GSXR250 for $2000. It's in nice condition but it does have 71,000ks on the clock. A rebuild might be possible though.

Allthough, a GN would be a good option, cheap, reliable, good resale value.

And then theres the AX100, whoa thats a mean machine :yes: Wait till I get mine :2thumbsup

Sniper
7th February 2005, 14:16
Welcome to KB :wavey:
You want to watch out for that Wellington lot - they're a bit strange!!! :shake:

Welcome to the site bro. Take care and best of luck finding a bike. Keep us informed on what you do.

The South Island guys are alot nicer :wari:

White trash
7th February 2005, 14:23
. How active is the Wellington bunch of KB's?

Quiet, unasuming, law abiding citizens the lot of 'em.

Boring pricks in fact. I'm thinking of moving to Auckland just to be rid of them.

Biff
7th February 2005, 14:55
Welcome :spudwave:
Does my :shake: look big in this?

magnum
9th February 2005, 11:53
hello and welcome :apint:

Ramius
9th February 2005, 15:22
So here is my first post, Hello....

My names Darryl, been on my learners for like forever....on and off since i was 16 (now i am 33)....WHY oh WHY you scream well i just never got around to it, i had an FZR 250 and did not really need anything faster, 160 kph +
....and i exchanged that for a wedding ring and stopped ridding for a while. Well now i am changing jobs and have some dosh saved up it is going to be cheaper to commute from Wainui to Town so looking for another bike and fully intend on getting my full licence asap so i can get me an FZR 400 to cruise the hills and oh yeah in case my wife reads this ....to get to and from work....

If any one knows of a nice 'real' cheap 250 going pm me.....

Absolutely, there is this GSX250 2004 model I know that is very reliable for causing problems, is possessed by the devil and cursed as well, thats right, two for 1!!! Can be found at Wellington Motorcycles soon to be sent to the wreckers because of damage caused in a minor accident, probably due to the curse or the possession in which the driver suffered a broken wrist and pelvis. Once in a life time opportunity :spudbooge

:angry2:

Blakamin
9th February 2005, 16:38
Absolutely, there is this GSX250 2004 model....
and ya STILL cant sell it!!!!! :spudwave: :apint:

Ramius
9th February 2005, 17:43
and ya STILL cant sell it!!!!! :spudwave: :apint:

Can't blame an invalid for trying :2thumbsup

hobdar
11th February 2005, 12:43
MMM Not quite what i am after Ramius...I spoke to your team leader the other day (think servicedesk) just a few moments after reading about your crash, hope u get better soon....put 2 and 2 together... :doctor:

madboy
11th February 2005, 12:52
when you're up for an FZR400 come see me. 1990, 34k on the clock and i'm sure I could be convinced I need to upgrade :) And the best thing is - the bike knows the Hutt mway real well.

dunno if its been suggested, but talk to Andrew @ Roadsafe about the CBTA program. In exchange for a few hundy you'll have both a full licence and some good rider training within a matter of a couple of months.

Not advocating anything illegal, but in a hypothetical situation where a certain 400 was ridden for the best part of three months while the rider obtained their full there were no infringement notices issued.

sels1
11th February 2005, 14:11
Welcome aboard Hobdar. No doubt see you around the Wgtn events

outlawtorn
11th February 2005, 15:11
Welcome to the KB web-shite :lol:

have fun :ride:

NC
12th February 2005, 09:04
Hi :)
:apint:

wari
12th February 2005, 09:14
:spudwave: ...:moon: ... :sunny:

Joni
12th February 2005, 09:14
Hi Joni.

thanks, i was still looking at some of the other forums and was looking for bike sales thats how i found y'all. How active is the Wellington bunch of KB's?

Ah the Wellington bunch, are great people... when you get ya bike, go on a ride... one of Hitchers slower Thursday rides would be a good start! You will meet some great people, good riders too (not that they come close to the AKL folk :blink: ).

Have a look at K14's CBR250RR? A good looking bike that has been kept well... Not the cheapest but its nice!

I'll be down in March.... see you then!

:niceone:

NC
12th February 2005, 09:31
Hiya :eek:

hobdar
12th February 2005, 16:58
when you're up for an FZR400 come see me. 1990, 34k on the clock and i'm sure I could be convinced I need to upgrade :) And the best thing is - the bike knows the Hutt mway real well.

dunno if its been suggested, but talk to Andrew @ Roadsafe about the CBTA program. In exchange for a few hundy you'll have both a full licence and some good rider training within a matter of a couple of months.

Not advocating anything illegal, but in a hypothetical situation where a certain 400 was ridden for the best part of three months while the rider obtained their full there were no infringement notices issued.

Damn thats tempting but my new boss would shit kittens if i got caught and fined etc.....

And looking forward to the wellie rides...even if it is on a 2fiddy for a couple of months...

mmm fzr 400 don't think i could afford it right now...how much you want for it?

Ramius
12th February 2005, 20:13
Damn thats tempting but my new boss would shit kittens if i got caught and fined etc.....

And looking forward to the wellie rides...even if it is on a 2fiddy for a couple of months...

mmm fzr 400 don't think i could afford it right now...how much you want for it?

Those Welly rides rock..., hmm, I have only been to one, and I managed to bin it :angry2: , see my life flash in front of my eyes :confused: (in retrospect I think that was the gravel running accross my visor) and now lie here talking to the biker community... IT ROCKS :2thumbsup