PDA

View Full Version : Wanganui entries close this Fri....

Tony.OK
9th November 2008, 11:12
Entries close on Friday 14th at 4:30 this week.
That applies to the 1st Tri Series round at Manfield on the 20th Dec too.

I thought it was later so am glad I checked, have sent both entry forms off and am already getting scared:laugh:

Now its bike prep time......repaint after wee off, get new front susp sorted(no pressure Dr Bob), get tyres, organise somewhere to stay in Wanga's....etc etc.

Any regulars at Wanga have any tips for organising on the day? How do they allocate pit area's? Any power supply available? Or anything to think about thats different than a meeting at a track with pit facilities?

Also does anyone have a pit shed spot they'd like to share on the 20th at Manfield?............(no burnouts.....I promise:innocent:)

Toast
9th November 2008, 13:26
Had my entry in over a month ago :D

No power supply, bring a generator

Get there early on the 25th to save yourself a pit space. Stick an ezy up kinda thing up to reserve.

wharfy
10th November 2008, 11:20
So who is racing ? - I did Greymouth on the Hornet it was great fun (and only a handful of people there knew who I was ) :) - I am not sure I want to make a prat of myself in front of the thousands that turn up to Wanganui though. I would have to be in F1 ??

slowpoke
10th November 2008, 19:47
I was half heartedly thinking about Wanganui, not for reasons of glory but just for being on the other side of the fence. I've gone to this event as a kid and it's pretty much shaped my love for bikes and racers ever since along with the ol' Paritutu street races. Even with many years in Oz this is a unique and inspirational event in my biking life.

I'm never gonna be Robet Holden, Bob Toomey, Dave Hiscock or Stu Avant but just to say I've ridden the same track in anger would definitely tick one of my "must do" boxes in life. Sadly I don't think I'm quite ready for that tick. That the entry date is so near and I feel so far from ready despite recent improvements says all that I need to know about contemplating entry.

But what's this Tri-Series business? I get home from work on the Thursday before-hand so I could actually make this event, although I've got no idea what it is......

Where do I get an entry form and who do I send it off to?

Tony.OK
10th November 2008, 22:28
But what's this Tri-Series business? I get home from work on the Thursday before-hand so I could actually make this event, although I've got no idea what it is......

www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz has all the answers fella

wharfy
10th November 2008, 22:34
I was half heartedly thinking about Wanganui, not for reasons of glory but just for being on the other side of the fence. I've gone to this event as a kid and it's pretty much shaped my love for bikes and racers ever since along with the ol' Paritutu street races. Even with many years in Oz this is a unique and inspirational event in my biking life.

I'm never gonna be Robet Holden, Bob Toomey, Dave Hiscock or Stu Avant but just to say I've ridden the same track in anger would definitely tick one of my "must do" boxes in life. Sadly I don't think I'm quite ready for that tick. That the entry date is so near and I feel so far from ready despite recent improvements says all that I need to know about contemplating entry.

Go to http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/

There are entry forms there for all three events in the tri-series.

The first is at Manfield 20th Dec, 2nd Wanganui 26th Dec, 3rd Taupo Motor cycle spectacular 27th & 28th Dec. Plus there is the Taupo Endurance race on 29th Dec.

More racing than you could poke a stick at. - But for the first two, entries close this Friday

I am trying to pluck up courage to enter Wanagnui - Just so I can say I've done it.

roogazza
12th November 2008, 08:28

Got to do Wanganui Spud, my very first meet was there in about 1970 in the rain !!!!! Managed an 8th from memory in what was called Open Production. Great intro for a young fella on a T350 Suzuki. J Gaz.

svr
12th November 2008, 17:10
Go to http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/

I am trying to pluck up courage to enter Wanagnui - Just so I can say I've done it.

Do it. Gonna ride there like me?

sidecar bob
12th November 2008, 19:21
Tony, If you want somwhere decent to stay in Wanganui i can strongly recomend the Aotea Motor Lodge in Victoria Ave, I stayed there last weekend for the classic round at Manfield (my classic pilot lives in Wangi) & im booked there again for Boxing day, Awesome service & awesome units with all the bits & a big spa pool in every room.
Their phn number is 06 345 0303. They still had a few units avaliable earlier this week.

Shaun
12th November 2008, 20:36
Tony, If you want somwhere decent to stay in Wanganui i can strongly recomend the Aeotea Motor Lodge in Victoria Ave, I stayed there last weekend for the classic round at Manfield (my classic pilot lives in Wangi) & im booked there again for Boxing day, Awesome service & awesome units with all the bits & a big spa pool in every room.
Their phn number is 06 345 0303. They still had a few units avaliable earlier this week.

Fuck that place then?

Would have to see and here you more:Punk:

wharfy
12th November 2008, 20:55
Do it. Gonna ride there like me?

Well I've done gone and paid the entry fee, forms are on there way....

I may HAVE to ride there :wacko: but I hope I can organize some transport, I have to go up on the morning of 26th as I am on-call for work until then, also I am planning on doing the Taupo RR Spectacular after Wanga's (I've already entered the Endurance race ) so It would be nice to transport the bike.
If I bend the bike at Wanganui I'll be screwed and I probably won't feel like riding back from Taupo to Wellywood after the endurance race either :)
It's all go THIS xmas !!!

Tony.OK
12th November 2008, 22:06
Tony, If you want somwhere decent to stay in Wanganui i can strongly recomend the Aotea Motor Lodge in Victoria Ave, I stayed there last weekend for the classic round at Manfield (my classic pilot lives in Wangi) & im booked there again for Boxing day, Awesome service & awesome units with all the bits & a big spa pool in every room.

That does look nice.................was informed at work today we are dropping to 4 day weeks because of the world markets..............looks like it might be an Xmas meal of Macca's and a cosy nite in the van in the pits:blink:

Deano
13th November 2008, 06:33
Glad I saw this the other day. Got my entry in.

Toast
13th November 2008, 07:33
I may HAVE to ride there :wacko: but I hope I can organize some transport, I have to go up on the morning of 26th as I am on-call for work until then,

You do realise that you've gotta sign in and get your bike scrutineered on the 25th?

Tony.OK
13th November 2008, 07:38
You do realise that you've gotta sign in and get your bike scrutineered on the 25th?

There's a sign on etc between 6 & 7 am on the day too dude.

wharfy
13th November 2008, 08:36

Yep thats what I am aiming for, and why I'd rather NOT ride to this meeting. Get all the street shit off in the comfort and privacy of my own garage :) and be ready for machine examination at the kick off.

Toast
13th November 2008, 09:24

Ah, churr..

Quasievil
13th November 2008, 14:26
Anyone know if the tri Series, Manfield, Wanganui and Taupo spectacular allows Motards in the Taupo event ?Im not sure, if not then I will do Manfield n Wanganui only

scrivy
13th November 2008, 14:50
Anyone know if the tri Series, Manfield, Wanganui and Taupo spectacular allows Motards in the Taupo event ?Im not sure, if not then I will do Manfield n Wanganui only

Oh Quasi, we've got 10 entered already in Supermoto for Taupo.

Scrivy

ArcherWC
13th November 2008, 15:51
Im all entered for Wanga's not totaly sure I will be doing it yet (cost of taking the whole family down there for three day for esentially two races), but at least I have the option now

Quasievil
13th November 2008, 16:14
Oh Quasi, we've got 10 entered already in Supermoto for Taupo.

Scrivy

Oh cool, that makes me an 11th place then WOO HOO :Punk:

scrivy
13th November 2008, 19:05
Oh cool, that makes me an 11th place then WOO HOO :Punk:

You going for the big silver trophies for overall places??:headbang::headbang::2thumbsup

GIXser
13th November 2008, 21:09
done!!!!!!!!:)