PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Ireland (BirdXX)

BirdXX
10th November 2008, 11:36
Moving over in January, other half is a Kiwi, love the place myself so seems like a good idea to move over!

Bringing my '03 Blackbird over, it's hopefully shipping early Dec in a container with the other half's cage (can't even give it away over here, nobody's buying) some of our household stuff, so I might get it sometime in January.

Still wading through all the import stuff. Hoping to be able to drive it around on Irish plates for a while, just for the hell of it...

Usarka
10th November 2008, 11:45
The guiness here tastes like shit!

But welcome over anyways :D Irelands a great place just a tad cold over winter....

portokiwi
10th November 2008, 12:14
Welcome. Which great city are you moving too.:2thumbsup

Blackbird
10th November 2008, 15:59
Welcome - lots of Blackbirds here. If you want to know about registering your bike and clearing the docks etc, send a PM to Freebird as he imported his 'bird a couple of years ago. Oh, and he's Irish but we don't hold that against him (much:2thumbsup) as he's a great mate. Where are you planning on living? Are you a member of the UK BIRD website that Jaws runs? Stock up on 'bird bling from Jaws before you come as the exchange rate is a killer at present.

Geoff

fire eyes
10th November 2008, 20:46
welcome to the whanau dude!

BirdXX
10th November 2008, 23:23
Heading for Auckland.

I'm on Jaw's site, but not active much. I've got some of his stuff already, his bar-risers with preload adjustment are great.

I'll track down Freebird, thanks for the info.

BirdXX
10th November 2008, 23:24
The guiness here tastes like shit!

But welcome over anyways :D Irelands a great place just a tad cold over winter....
Don't I know it! Still, I've developed a taste for Speights Old dark over the years so I should be ok!

BirdXX
10th November 2008, 23:26
Post count not high enough to send a PM. If anyone knows Freebird could you ask him to PM me?

Thanks

NighthawkNZ
11th November 2008, 06:10
Don't I know it! Still, I've developed a taste for Speights Old dark over the years so I should be ok!

I feel sorry for you...

BirdXX
11th November 2008, 07:05
You should try Smithwicks, real slop. I'm not that fussy, wet and alcoholic is usually all I ask...

Freebird
11th November 2008, 07:26
I'm here PM sent

Great to see someone from the homeland with impeccable taste in bikes :yes:

What colour is your Bird please tell me its not a slow BLUE one as favoured by the bunch of jessie’s up in Auckland and Coro :2thumbsup :dodge:

Freebird
11th November 2008, 07:30
Ah from Wicklow

Did the Wicklow Way about 22 years ago and my feet still hurt :laugh:

Whats wrong with Smithwicks? Any port in a storm :beer:

yod
11th November 2008, 07:39
yes!

another bird in the roost

welcome

BirdXX
11th November 2008, 23:57
My 'bird is the best and fastest colour, black. No hairdressers colours for me!

Did some of the Wickow Way a few weeks ago, great walk but Coilte (the forestry people) have sanitised some of it by widening the paths and laying gravel, so it has lost some of its charm in places.

Blackbird
12th November 2008, 06:13
I'm here PM sent

Great to see someone from the homeland with impeccable taste in bikes :yes:

What colour is your Bird please tell me its not a slow BLUE one as favoured by the bunch of jessie’s up in Auckland and Coro :2thumbsup :dodge:

Sigh.......:angry2:

Charlie41
12th November 2008, 20:52
Welcome dude!!! I got a bike a month ago, but I'm still waiting for my gear...container in Auckland tho....:soon:

Fatt Max
15th November 2008, 18:05
Welcome matey,

If the Paddies dick the AB's tomorrow morning, pretend you are English. We win f*k all so no-one will be made at you.

And look out for the possums, they steal wallets....!!!

racerhead
17th November 2008, 10:32
Hi birdxx Im moving over from Ireland in january aswell so good luck on your move. Just a quick question about what company your using for bringing your stuff over? Is it a full contanier or a groupage container? Thanks

Swoop
17th November 2008, 11:03
Looks like there will soon be a few more accents in Auckland...

Welcome guys!!
:ride:

BirdXX
19th November 2008, 09:21
Hi Racerhead, using Oman transport, their local agent in Auckland is The Moving Company. Hope that helps.

Great biking country, you'll enjoy it. Go n'eiri an bothar leat!

sinfull
19th November 2008, 09:24
Bloody Munster aye !!! Nearly !

portokiwi
19th November 2008, 09:27
Wish we used the moving coy. So much of our gear was smashed. Now we are having a battle for damage. Might have to kiss it good buy. Filled up those new Blue lid recycle bins with smashed plates cups and glasses.

BirdXX
20th November 2008, 09:33
Bloody Munster aye !!! Nearly !
What a match! and that was Munster's second-string side! Made up for last saturday. At least Munster play like they care about the result...

Moki
23rd November 2008, 10:51
Hi birdxx Im moving over from Ireland in january aswell so good luck on your move. Just a quick question about what company your using for bringing your stuff over? Is it a full contanier or a groupage container? Thanks

From the UK we used the Excess Baggage Company. We found they were quite cheap and provided excellent, hassle-free service. http://www.excess-baggage.com/

stormerUK
25th November 2008, 02:13
Freebird and BirdXX wanting to move over ASAP but waiting for house prices to rise first so we can sell up. Will want to bring my silver 02 Bird and wifeys Vtec so if you dont mind will start asking questions. Have only just founf this site and started posting on newbies forum.......