PDA

View Full Version : Newbee

DELLORTO
10th November 2008, 18:58
hi all im 14 and im looking at getting into bucket bike racing, at the moment i race my little italian minimoto at mt wellington and with the nzmmrc, but i feel like racing a big bike { im not quiting minimoto though} and bucket bike racing seems affordable and fun and looks like i wouldnt have to be sponsored,

i was just wondering how do you get into it, and what classes there are ect...ive seen a few cool bucket bikes on trade-me,but id just like to know more about it, thanks

Pumba
10th November 2008, 19:05
Sorry for being lazy but have a read of this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=81003), and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask

Buckets4Me
10th November 2008, 19:08
well best you come and have a look this sunday
also

December 2008
Buckets
20 - 21 Non-points Fun Day
Mt Wellington

if you come down then with enough gear or we can try and find some
I'm sure there will be a bike you can borrow and try out
make sure you say hui to everyone

will be a good start to you'r racing life

DELLORTO
10th November 2008, 19:15
ive got a suzuki drz125 could i run with that??

Buckets4Me
10th November 2008, 20:11
is that a dirt bike ???
has to be a road bike engine
and not race engine or motorcross engine

Buckets4Me
10th November 2008, 20:13
the answer would be no but I cant see tomany people complaining if you put road tires on it
but you would do better with a set up bucket
like a honda cb125 or something els
but come along and see

SHELRACING
11th November 2008, 21:30
The regulation states that the motor be from a machine intended for road use and a competition motor cannot be used.

I believe the DRZ 125 can be registered for the road in the right trim. That would make it legal. Although I doubt you'd find it well suited to a kart track

You would need to remove any lights, and would probably want to fit road tyres.

I suggest you go to the meeting in December. It's a fun weekend. talk to John Connor. I'm sure he can find you a bike for a test ride. If you are only 14 you will probably need one of your parents with you for consent.

good luck

ive got a suzuki drz125 could i run with that??

Buckets4Me
11th November 2008, 21:37
you would be better swaping it for a set up bucket

quallman1234
12th November 2008, 01:09
Is it the LW or the SW?

Im sure not too many people would complain about it being an illegal engine, as they are fairly low spec (but reliable) engines. 125CC sohc aircooled, real basic.
Im sure you can find some road tyres in the right sizes for it. Cost you 150 - 250$ in tyres. But would be almost the cheapest option to quickly get on too a bigger track.

A good bucket for you would be that yellow thing what is pretty much the slut up there. I think they wanted 650$ for it.

Buckets4Me
12th November 2008, 05:33
I only want $250 for my cb125 single and there are others similar
$300 -$600 gets you a good bike to start on :banana:

DELLORTO
12th November 2008, 18:49
i might get sone rims for my drz125 :first: its got a procircuit pipe tho is than illegal?? im probualy jsut going to ride on fun days until im fully into it....

speedpro
12th November 2008, 18:50
MNZ rule 22.2.4 starts
"Engines must be derived from non-competition motorcycles."

No mention at all about road use and there has never been any intention to make it that way.

The whole rule is here: - http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/Chapter_24_Miniature_Road_Racing.pdf

Please check just what you are talking about BEFORE "helping" people with advice.

DELLORTO
12th November 2008, 18:53
The regulation states that the motor be from a machine intended for road use and a competition motor cannot be used.

I believe the DRZ 125 can be registered for the road in the right trim. That would make it legal. Although I doubt you'd find it well suited to a kart track

You would need to remove any lights, and would probably want to fit road tyres.

I suggest you go to the meeting in December. It's a fun weekend. talk to John Connor. I'm sure he can find you a bike for a test ride. If you are only 14 you will probably need one of your parents with you for consent.

good luck your alen right?? im max from mt wellington iride the blue polini and have blue leathers, and i saw you at the gate at taumaranui remember me??

quallman1234
12th November 2008, 21:49
drz125 isn't a competition engine.