PDA

View Full Version : How bikers protest in Iceland

vifferman
11th November 2008, 09:48
Hmmm... this was interesting.
Wonder if it achieved anything.
Biker Protest in Reykjavik (http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-143003).

Cajun
11th November 2008, 09:55
hahaha nice one

blairh
11th November 2008, 10:00
Ouch, hope those weren't expensive tyres.. :p

klyong82
11th November 2008, 10:27
Lots of expensive tyres...

wysper
11th November 2008, 11:20
At the very least, it got peoples attention. That is an important part of any protest or demonstration.

vifferman
11th November 2008, 11:33
At the very least, it got peoples attention. That is an important part of any protest or demonstration.
It also showed some common purpose and co-ordination, which are also important.
Wonder if we did it here whether the police would write out a stack of tickets for "sustained loss of traction"?

Swoop
11th November 2008, 11:45
It also showed some common purpose and co-ordination, which are also important.
Wonder if we did it here whether the police would write out a stack of tickets for "sustained loss of traction"?
The greens would be handing out carbon-tax tickets for "air pollution"...

The Lone Rider
11th November 2008, 17:18
Hmmm, that is my type of protest!

Come on.. what can we protest in Christchurch? Come on come on....!

Big Zappa
11th November 2008, 17:22
The greens would be handing out carbon-tax tickets for "air pollution"...

how, they aren't part of that nice Mr Key's government :sunny:

dpex
11th November 2008, 18:21
Hmmm... this was interesting.
Wonder if it achieved anything.
Biker Protest in Reykjavik (http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-143003).

Interesting protest. It wasn't about some anal biker-law. Apparently, it was about some obscure issue the locals were pissed about.

But what's the HUGE difference between Icelanders and Kiwis?

Icelanders protest. Kiwis just suck it up.

You may have heard Obama's speech, which included the immortal words, 'Government 'of' the people, 'for' the people, and 'by' the people.' I was waiting for the ghost of Martin Luther to appear on stage at that point, crying, "Ah have a dream".....etc.

Sure, it was rhetoric, but that's what great orators do...and Obama is sure as hell a great orator.

But not so the fink who runs Iceland. He, like his NZ counterpart of the last nine years, and no doubt the inbound for the next 9 years, has clearly asserted, "Government 'of' the people, 'for' the bureaucrats, and 'by' the bureaucrats." Of course, under such a regime the concept of 'Fuck the people' is redolent.

We Kiwis put up with vast amounts of bureaucratic shit. We bitch and moan on talk-back radio, and around the table. But do we ever get off our arses and make a stand?

Noooooooo!

Give me ten good bikers. Nine men, strong and true, plus me, (that's ten) and I will show you all how to protest in a way which is guaranteed to unblock the drains of bureaucratic interference in our lives.

Chortle. At the end of the day I'd be lucky to find one.

I'm motarded
11th November 2008, 18:34
hahahaha thats awsome

Swoop
11th November 2008, 18:56
how, they aren't part of that nice Mr Key's government :sunny:
Thank fuck!

Interesting protest. It wasn't about some anal biker-law. Apparently, it was about some obscure issue the locals were pissed about.
About their country being bankrupt, perhaps?