PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck. Job interview this arvo

Bren
11th November 2008, 10:57
Well, am seriously looking for work now my wife and I are settled in Otaki. I have a job interview to go to this arvo at 2pm, so wish me luck on that. It is stores work which I enjoy doing and am skilled at, so hopefully should be a walk in the park!

...Bren

portokiwi
11th November 2008, 11:02
Good luck mate. Remember to palse after the ask you a question.... then answer.
give yourself time to think of the best way to answer the question.
You will do well.
Keep us updated.:wari:

Stirts
11th November 2008, 11:04
GOOD LUCK

Now I hope you have a couple of questions at the end for them? Best trick for interviews....always pleases the interviewers!!!

sinfull
11th November 2008, 11:15
Good luck mate !! Hope all goes well !

Bren
11th November 2008, 11:24
Thanks guys. Well, I found my good shoes, they looked flat, no shine. Could not find shoe polish so thought I will use furniture polish. "Pledge" works well on shoes too:woohoo:, and gives them a nice lemony fragrance...:whistle:

vifferman
11th November 2008, 11:30
I hope you do well. If you can relax it helps.
My last job interview, after a string of crappy interviews wehre I was a bit uptight, I decided beforehand that I didn't care how things worked out, and it made the whole thing go really well. Oh - and I got the job.

98tls
11th November 2008, 11:33
Good luck.nice wee place Otaki.

portokiwi
11th November 2008, 11:53
Thanks guys. Well, I found my good shoes, they looked flat, no shine. Could not find shoe polish so thought I will use furniture polish. "Pledge" works well on shoes too:woohoo:, and gives them a nice lemony fragrance...:whistle:
Great unless you spill water on it or it rains.... then it goes white... Very bad army trick lol.:lol::niceone: just relax

chanceyy
11th November 2008, 12:02
Good luck Bren .. fingers crossed for you .. :D

slimjim
11th November 2008, 12:27
Great unless you spill water on it or it rains.... then it goes white... Very bad army trick lol.:lol::niceone: just relax

bugger..was nearly going to saw..hope its not wet ..cause it aren't a good look..:lol:...

Nasty
11th November 2008, 12:42
Bren my fingers and crossed for you mate!

MyGSXF
11th November 2008, 12:45
Good luck Bren!! :2thumbsup All the best to you & your wife on your new Northern journey! :hug:

Al
11th November 2008, 13:09
Good luck, relax and be confident.
Let us know how the interview went!

fire eyes
11th November 2008, 13:12
Good luck with the interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maha
11th November 2008, 13:37
All the best Bren, you should be right in the middle of the interview about now.
Its been 27 years since my last job interview, I would no idea what say if I had to go again...maybe ''give me the job im broke''! :done:

Monie
11th November 2008, 14:39
you have all the luck on your side . why would they not want you ...
its yours so just take it ...

Bren
11th November 2008, 15:01
Well, I found out it's just a temprary role as one of their blokes is on ACC, but I need money anyways...The bastard is my last job in CHCH was 5 min in the car...this is 45-50 min in the car.....oh well, glad petrol is down to $1.57, instead of being at $2.06

Interview went well, aint nothing new to me, same old shit wrapped in a different wrapper...

Krayy
11th November 2008, 15:27
Isn't it a bit risky moving to Otaki without a job?

Good luck with it, and if you need longer, I'm sure there are some on here that can make the ACC case go a bit longer, if you get my drift :rolleyes:

BTW, why 45 mins in a car? Isn't that the equivalent of 20 on a bike?

Bren
11th November 2008, 15:37
Mate, my wife has got a job, thats why we moved, to further her career

Money from job = getting bike fixed = using bike and taking 30 min to work

Agency called back, he has spoken to the bloke doing interview. Bloke impressed. Bloke has to talk to those higher up tomorrow. I am sure I will be working come monday...

Stirts
11th November 2008, 15:41
Agency called back, he has spoken to the bloke doing interview. Bloke impressed. Bloke has to talk to those higher up tomorrow. I am sure I will be working come monday...

Musta been dem shiney shoes!

portokiwi
11th November 2008, 16:43
:2thumbsup Way to go mate.

KiwiKat
11th November 2008, 16:57
Mate, my wife has got a job, thats why we moved, to further her career

Money from job = getting bike fixed = using bike and taking 30 min to work

I hope it comes through for you. If it does which way from Otaki, North or South? set up some coffee stops.

Bren
11th November 2008, 17:28
Phone call at 5:30...another company in the 'Rua wants to interview me...Set up for 10am on thurs...good to be in demand:chase:

98tls
11th November 2008, 17:33
Phone call at 5:30...another company in the 'Rua wants to interview me...Set up for 10am on thurs...good to be in demand:chase: On ya,at this rate you will have a choice.

xgnr
11th November 2008, 17:48
Interviews get easier the more you go through....(take that how you like)

Some advice as a hiring manager (yes I had Stores people working for me in the dark past and now employ on a regular basis)

Be yourself, don't bullshit, look them in the eye and don't try to second guess the answer to a question or embellish.

Think about answers to the usual questions...

"Why should we hire you"

"What sort of boss do you like"

"How do you react to stress"

"tell us about your last job and the Bad/good blah blah"

"How could you have done something differently"

"Did you get on with your last boss... why/why not.... tell me about it... blah blah"

"What do you want to be doing in 5 years"

Just some of the ones I use when hiring :sweatdrop helps get the real YOU to open up and lead into deeper and more probing questions... hence the DONT BULLSHIT advice.

Good luck :niceone:

Stu

Fatt Max
11th November 2008, 21:07
Hope all went well dude

heyjoe
11th November 2008, 21:14
Try interviewing them. Ask them the questions. lol.
Good luck with both interviews anyway!

doc
11th November 2008, 21:26
Mate, my wife has got a job, thats ...

What success is all about. :hug: She luv's ya

How many sick day's you using for the Sth Kb'r do next month ?

Bren
11th November 2008, 21:45
What success is all about. :hug: She luv's ya

How many sick day's you using for the Sth Kb'r do next month ?

would luv to make it...but...i dont think i can...bike still aint on the road, and the money i was hoping to go into a bike has to go into a new roof...bugger

Bren
12th November 2008, 09:35
well, the first interview i gone to in ages and I piss in...back to driving forklifts full tit...Gonna keep the Mullet though....

Still got an interview on thursday for another one....could be a better opportunity so why let it go...

SDU
12th November 2008, 11:22
well, the first interview i gone to in ages and I piss in...back to driving forklifts full tit...Gonna keep the Mullet though....

Still got an interview on thursday for another one....could be a better opportunity so why let it go...

:Punk:Awesome!
Now you'll be able to get your bike sorted (save on transport costs):shifty: & the roof done quick before Jane harasses you for her own bike:bleh:

Nasty
12th November 2008, 12:36

Farking great mate ... that is such fantastic news!!

chanceyy
12th November 2008, 14:18
great news Bren Congrats :)