PDA

View Full Version : Installing overbore kit

SpankMe
5th November 2002, 19:13
I'm looking into installing the 700cc <a href="http://www.wiseco.com/">Wiseco</a> piston kit into my SV650s. I remember someone saying at the Auckland forum members bike meet that they had a friend that installed this kit on his SV650. I would like to know where he got this done so I can get a quote on the installation cost.

Blackbird
7th November 2002, 18:27
The British "Performance Bikes" magazine which is currently available in the NZ bookshops has got a test on a big bore SV650. Sory I haven't got more detail as my copy is circulating somewhere at work!!:angry:

SpankMe
7th November 2002, 18:31
Saw it, brought it, read it :)

wari
9th November 2002, 23:14
With your heart and get the SV1000 ... you know you want to.

wari
10th November 2002, 20:59
Just finished reading an article in the Performance Mag about a guy that converted his SV650 to a SV750 ... nice. In Willies tray at work if you wanna check it out. Gives an extra 20 bhp.

moko
11th November 2002, 08:53
Originally posted by wari
With your heart and get the SV1000 ... you know you want to.

Good advice here,trying to sell or insure an over-bored machine can be a nightmare and it`s doubtful you`d get away with just bunging on the big-bore kit and it running perfectly straight off.If you dont tell your insurance company then basically you`re not insured,if you do they`ll think it`s Christmas come early as they crank up the premium,probably best only attempted for the track.
Surely if it was that good an idea Suzuki would be selling an SV750

Nukles
15th November 2002, 20:22
that was me who said i knew somebody with it.

it's friend inthe US. his bike had more PtW ratio than a M900.