PDA

View Full Version : LAN Party 21/11/08 Upper Hutt

riffer
11th November 2008, 15:30
Who's keen?

Venue: Bull's House.

Let's keep the game requirements medium spec.

ie I have an Athlon64 3500 with X700 video card and most others have a similar spec.

I can supply installers for MotoGP3, Unreal Tournament 2004, GTR2, V8Supercars3...

what does everyone else have?

Fatjim
11th November 2008, 15:43
We could just go for a ride?

riffer
11th November 2008, 17:47
I would but there's no cupholders on the bike for my beer.

James Deuce
11th November 2008, 18:05
I was interested, but then someone said they were going to bring their wife.

bull
11th November 2008, 19:09
Yeah id be keen folks - not too sure bout the wife call from Nico, perhaps some confusion over what a LAN party is on his behalf.

Yes it is geeky fatjames but hey instead of sitting home looking at KB for the night could actually get together and play out some motogp and shoot some fullas too, and have a few beers.

If someone has a 1Gb network switch then bring that, else well be using the good ole 16 port 10/100mb jobbie. I can suss some tables like last time Riffer and then let the games begin, oh after the obligatory 5hr setup of games and copying etc LOL.

Indiana_Jones
11th November 2008, 19:14
I'm keen for an Auckland event of the same nature :D

-Indy

Slyer
11th November 2008, 21:15
I might host one sometime in the future indy. :)
This gives me an idea for a social group..
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=69

Indiana_Jones
12th November 2008, 16:10
Nice nice :D

Look forward to geeking out, been years since I've done a all night LAN

-Indy

Slyer
12th November 2008, 20:16
Holy crap man come to ping zero:
Next one is early december, two nights!
http://www.pingzero.co.nz/?view=news

RantyDave
12th November 2008, 22:36
Holy crap, a LAN party. I haven't been to one of these for years - I was just considering buying a copy of UT2004 too.

Am running a Radeon X1600 (128Mb) on a laptop, so not much grunt here...

Dave

yod
12th November 2008, 22:51
counterstrike FTW!

PirateJafa
12th November 2008, 23:07
PingZero is pretty much the only LAN I even bother going to now.

R18, so there aren't really any little kiddies yet to hit puberty (which pretty much means no counterstrike - perfect!). Alcohol is recommended even.

$25 gets you from 8pm Friday night to around noon on Sunday of the best gigabit network I've seen yet at a LAN, and on the whole, great people.

Oh, and free pizza!

vindy500
12th November 2008, 23:12
could be keen but how to carry a tower on the bike....

DingoZ
12th November 2008, 23:14
Have been trying for ages to locate a copy of Dark Reign II, which will work with XP.....Anyone know where I can get a copy from would be good.....

Also what games you looking at playing...?

imne1
13th November 2008, 07:12
Count me in , ive got a DVD archive of games but probably nothing recent. likewise with media. Since two wheels is my sole means of transport it means bringing me lappy - is AMD dualcore64 1.6, 256 graphics, 1gigram. It doesnt have enough grunt to run test drive unlimited properly but stuff like battlefeild runs fine. PM me with details if this is gonna fly.

Big Dave
13th November 2008, 08:43
what does everyone else have?

A life. :-P

Wasp
13th November 2008, 10:13
I'm in, I only have my laptop (tosh sat a80 ~ 3 years old) at the moment though which runs Call of Duty 2 or CS ok but not much else

I'll come anyway though, also I have a legit copy of UT2k4 we can use

Fatjim
13th November 2008, 10:13
Yeah id be keen folks - not too sure bout the wife call from Nico, perhaps some confusion over what a LAN party is on his behalf.

Yes it is geeky fatjames but hey instead of sitting home looking at KB for the night could actually get together and play out some motogp and shoot some fullas too, and have a few beers.

If someone has a 1Gb network switch then bring that, else well be using the good ole 16 port 10/100mb jobbie. I can suss some tables like last time Riffer and then let the games begin, oh after the obligatory 5hr setup of games and copying etc LOL.

I'm actually semi geek myself. But I'd ride anyday over a lan party. But having said that I might be able to bring a 10G/1G Multi layer switch if you like.

Oh, and I'm old enough to bring beer too.

McDuck
13th November 2008, 10:47
I am in possibly. I dont have a computer that is up to it (yet) and dont know how to play a lot of the games (yet) but i love that sort of thing.

BTW i am willing to pay a (small) rentall of a good computer for such occashion :)

riffer
13th November 2008, 11:56
I am in possibly. I dont have a computer that is up to it (yet) and dont know how to play a lot of the games (yet) but i love that sort of thing.

BTW i am willing to pay a (small) rentall of a good computer for such occashion :)

Are you gonna be in town next week?

riffer
13th November 2008, 11:57
A life. :-P

Yeah but you're OLD. ;)

bull
13th November 2008, 15:14
The people are keen so:

Friday 21 November, 4pm onwards.

Bring your own pc, monitor, mouse keyboard, earphones(a must) and a multiplug, you might want to bring a mousepad as the table may not be ideal for your fancy laser mice etc. Beers or something to drink.

I will provide - marae tables, chairs, extension cords for power and have one spare 19inch LCD that someone can borrow. Snacks will be provided and am happy to fire up the bbq for some meat and bread or we can all chip in for some pizza or such. Also 3 matresses and blankets available for the weak whom cant play all night long or the drunk whom cant drive home.

Games i had in mind include:
V8 Supercars - Racing (7gb have installer)
Unreal Tournament 2004 - First Person Shooter (10gb with mods straight copy works)
Battlefield 2 - First Person Shooter (2gb have installer)
Horse Racing - LOL Horse Racing (Oldie 625mb straight copy works)
MotoGP3 - Motorcycle Racing (650mb have installer)
Ghost Recon - First Person Shooter (oldie but works well LAN)
Virtual Skipper - Americas Cup Yacht Racing (1gb installer)

And any other games that people might want to play - but let me know ASAP so i can ensure i get hold of a copy too prior to the night(saves time copying over)

The Gb switch would be great if you could Jim.

If you just want to come and have a few beers and share turns on a few games feel free also.

riffer
13th November 2008, 15:24
You obviously don't have to work for a living Danny!

I'll be there after 19:00 mate. Kids have to be sorted first LOL.

Big Dave
13th November 2008, 15:43
You know I'd play - or a least heckle if i was down there.

McDuck
13th November 2008, 17:18
Are you gonna be in town next week?

No, little chance till december.

Slyer
13th November 2008, 17:19
So I guess you're out then. :bye:
I have better, in auckland lans to go to. ;)

McDuck
13th November 2008, 17:23
So I guess you're out then. :bye:
I have better, in auckland lans to go to. ;)

Lol yea, i have a crap load of tech work dew on the 24th so it would be silly to take a weekend out that close.

nico
13th November 2008, 18:38
as you can probally tell i had no idea what lan party was or even what lan iwas in genrel lol but i did know what party is ill come alone show my face met a few of the u/h boys sink a few bears probally end up down the tav do gota work sat but thant never stopet me b4 btw im absulte crap with computers and games im more hands on :devil2: i think it's time to go pollish my bike im quite pedantic with clean bikes ask mark lol(insanaty rules) can 1 put to much polish on a bike??????

riffer
13th November 2008, 19:24
as you can probally tell i had no idea what lan party was or even what lan iwas in genrel lol but i did know what party is ill come alone show my face met a few of the u/h boys sink a few bears probally end up down the tav do gota work sat but thant never stopet me b4 btw im absulte crap with computers and games im more hands on :devil2: i think it's time to go pollish my bike im quite pedantic with clean bikes ask mark lol(insanaty rules) can 1 put to much polish on a bike??????

Sounds good Nico.

When you're finished my tatty old bike could really do with a polish too.

;)

bull
13th November 2008, 20:08
You obviously don't have to work for a living Danny!

I'll be there after 19:00 mate. Kids have to be sorted first LOL.

7am till 330pm does it for me for a day job - then its the at home job thats fulltime running this whanau of mine.

Is it just a Fri night thing then?

riffer
13th November 2008, 20:12
Dunno mate. Friday night pass is about all I'm willing to try with four kids at home being looked after by Gini. Don't want to push my luck any further than that...

nico
13th November 2008, 20:52
hahah yeah riffer i may be able to take a look lol i use my waxn time as
my time out zone from the kids n wife lol nufn beats riding a nice clean bike hate a dirty bike dam this could be taken so many ways lol

Fatjim
13th November 2008, 20:55
I'm in the same boat I'm afraid. Will do what I can,.

bull
18th November 2008, 05:42
OK time to commit folks - who is going to be coming along on Friday, I need to know how many tables to pick up.

PM me if you are a starter.

Kendog
18th November 2008, 12:14
PM sent, sounds like fun (if I can make it)

riffer
18th November 2008, 14:45
I'm in for the Friday night fo' sure.

Won't push my luck by turning up Saturday as it's my wedding anniversary. :blink:

bull
18th November 2008, 15:00
Well thats 3 of us then - need a few more to make it worthwhile still. At least 6 of us otherwise we may as well play online via hamachi or something.

Fatjim
18th November 2008, 15:22
Sorry, gonna have to pull. Busy with work and the missus is likely to go ballistic if I duck out for another night.

nico
20th November 2008, 15:57
ill show bull dont know what time planning on going for a blatt on my only day off this week,:Punk: but i wont be playing no games (ussless)ill just show to met a few of the local hoolagans, pm me if you dont wana put ya addy on here ill let ya know via txt what tme or just randmly show up im good at that.

riffer
20th November 2008, 17:04
Bugger. So there's only THREE people willing to do this?

Disappointing guys.

:weep:

Trudes
20th November 2008, 17:30
I reckon! My hubby was looking forward to this!! and having somewhere to go while I fill the house full of wine soaked gossiping women looking at plasticware!;)

Indiana_Jones
20th November 2008, 18:26
Still keen for an Auckland one.....:D

-Indy

RantyDave
20th November 2008, 18:28
I'll come, for a bit, probably. I have UT2004 installed but it's steam so may well need to get to the net to authenticate itself.

Dave

bull
20th November 2008, 18:36
Really needed to get the numbers to make it worthwhile.
Will Postpone this one.

And lets try a different date then, anyone?

Kendog
20th November 2008, 19:59
Really needed to get the numbers to make it worthwhile.
Will Postpone this one.

And lets try a different date then, anyone?

I am still keen as save me from the tupperware, so I am taking your PM sent after this post means it is still on.
I mentioned this to a work friend who may be able to make it (hope that's ok, thought the more the better given the lowish numbers form here)

sosman
20th November 2008, 21:14
Im keen for a Jafa lan,can't make PingZero due to wedding to go too Dammit!

Oops by the way! cod5 world at war co-op is wicked:banana:

Slyer
20th November 2008, 21:20
I'll be getting world at war tomorrow.
Got xfire?

Also join:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=69

bull
20th November 2008, 22:24
Ive got World at War and xfire - add me as a friend nznbull

Slyer
20th November 2008, 22:39
Most likely I'll be up for some coop over the weekend and a few others too.
slyer1 is my nick

Indiana_Jones
21st November 2008, 16:31
I'm on xfire too.

kbindianajones

-Indy