PDA

View Full Version : ZXR750 Keeps cutting out.

hellnback
12th November 2008, 08:33
Righto, riding to work yesterday and my '90 ZXR750 just dies. Managed to get it started again only to have it cut-out, then fire, then cut-out again. Almost as if you were flicking the kill switch off and back on again while the engine is still turning. (If that makes any sense.)
Also it seems to kick into life when you touch the start button. Not that that's any good for the starter....

Anyway my initial dianostic is that there's something stuffed in the box that holds these switches eg. broken wire or something, but just thought I'd ask incase anyone else had come accross this problem before.

Cheers.

slimjim
12th November 2008, 08:41
yea..you could very well have a broken wire..and try turning the steering around while bikes running..as some older bikes do have wiring that hardners and breaks while still having plastic surround keeping contact while cold,once warmed up plastic becomes soft and drifts wire apart..but check you earth wires and then your switch housing..

hellnback
13th November 2008, 09:46
Pulled it to bits and the bloody igniter is full of water! Trying to get a new one today.