PDA

View Full Version : What a d***khead...

Fatt Max
14th November 2008, 09:53
Might as well ‘fess up to this one.

Decided to pull over and grab a coffee on my way to work this morning (bit of a thick head after a few beers last night following my ‘Yuppy-in-a-Porsche’ incident)

Anyway, I don’t usually put the steering lock on my bike because I have secure parking at home and work but as I was parking it on the road (K Road, to be exact) I thought I had better do so.

In I go, order a strong coffee and take a seat. A rather attractive young lady brings over the coffee and remarks on how clean and shiny my bike is. We have a very nice conversation about biking and how her ex boyfriend didn’t let her get a bike blah de blah de blah…..

Now, me being 40 something, no hair and a belly the size of Rangitoto, I am very flattered by the attention.

….so flattered in fact that I notice she is watching me suit up. I give her a wave, hop on the bike, flick up the stand and…..oopsie, bike rolls away towards the kerb cos I forgot to take the steering lock off. Heres me puffing and panting like a hippo on a scooter trying to stay on the thing with what little dignity I have left (didn’t have much in the first place)

Just manage to keep the thing upright by planting my foot on a lamp post.

The lady, of course, is pissing herself laughing…..as were the people on the passing Link bus who also witnessed the event.

Ok, over to you lot now for deserved piss taking…….:Oops:

Ragingrob
14th November 2008, 10:02
Why did having the steering lock on make a difference? Other then obviously turning the bike, would it not have rolled away anyway?

Excuse my ignorance but what was the problem here? You were on a slope and didn't grab the front brake?

nosebleed
14th November 2008, 10:05
Ahhh... Adrenaline... the hormone for all fcukups

nice story Max

Stirts
14th November 2008, 10:07
Oh how I larfed and larfed....on the inside of course...cos that's the kinda shit that happens to me :o

raftn
14th November 2008, 10:07
On the bright side, it could of been worse!

Quailboy
14th November 2008, 10:09
Hahaha, always happens when you really don't want/need it to.

On the flipside, awesome stuff always happens when nobody is watching.

Blossom
14th November 2008, 10:10
:lol: Nice to know I am not the only one who does that....:first:

DarkLord
14th November 2008, 10:12
I know how you feel dude....the amount of times I gear up, hop on the bike and turn the key on without remembering to disable the alarm...not only does it blare very loudly in my ears but always makes a scene..... :blink:

quickbuck
14th November 2008, 10:14
LOL Max,
Yep... done things similer to that.... Usually involves wet grass though.
Easy to do when you are trying to do something the "cool way" and don't think too much about the situation you are about to put yourself into....

Just the steering lock this time.... It says something about starting your bike before gearing up....
I know, it "may" jump into geat and fall over... but my sidestand down lock out is pretty efficient and will stop that happening

Beware of disc locks too. They can cause thousands worth of damage if forgotten.
Glad you didn't wreck any of the shiney bits on your bike though...

quickbuck
14th November 2008, 10:15
:lol: Nice to know I am not the only one who does that....:first:

Mmmm, same bike too Blossom...

gijoe1313
14th November 2008, 10:41
Its usually to do with pretty young things having that effect on the hormones ... overtakes wisdom and intelligence! :o

Ahh what would biking be without our silly little stories, all the more better to counter balance the mad, bad and sad stories that occurs in the patina of the passing parade of life ...

laserracer
14th November 2008, 11:00
you should have faked falling off she might have given you mouth to mouth:hug:;)missed your chance...but the way your luck seems to be running lately it would probably be some big hairy bloke:eek:

Swoop
14th November 2008, 11:11
The lady, of course, is pissing herself laughing…..

Hopefully whilst sitting on your pillion seat.:blip:

retro asian
14th November 2008, 11:16
Damn VL250 steering lock...

At least you didn't do it right in front of the Suzuki shop on a Saturday afternoon...like I did... :sweat:

slofox
14th November 2008, 11:24
You qualify for the "Dork of the Week" award Max......but you'll have to beat off my challenge from this morning.....leaning the bike onto the stand before putting the stand down......:Oops:.....do that a few more times and my left quad will be HUGE!!!!

Or maybe the award should go to the lady cager I saw this morning who ran the stop sign to beat the car coming from her right before she checked to see if anything was coming from her left...there was something of course - me ......so she slammed on the brakes and stopped in the middle of the road for all to avoid....needless to say I pointed the finger at her as I went past....:Pokey:

Forest
14th November 2008, 11:24
A rather attractive young lady brings over the coffee and remarks on how clean and shiny my bike is.

Excuse me for a moment - I'm just going out to clean my bike.

PrincessBandit
14th November 2008, 11:35
Hahahaha, feel for you Max! My most embarrassing was trying to start my bike (in front of a group of men who were watching me) and not realising i'd hit the kill switch. Spent a few uncomfortable seconds trying to work out what was wrong without looking like a doofus (or having one of them come over, flick my switch and give my bike a pitying look as if to say "what did you do to deserve her?") :laugh:

Fatt Max
14th November 2008, 11:49
You qualify for the "Dork of the Week" award Max......but you'll have to beat off my challenge from this morning.....leaning the bike onto the stand before putting the stand down......:Oops:.....do that a few more times and my left quad will be HUGE!!!!

Or maybe the award should go to the lady cager I saw this morning who ran the stop sign to beat the car coming from her right before she checked to see if anything was coming from her left...there was something of course - me ......so she slammed on the brakes and stopped in the middle of the road for all to avoid....needless to say I pointed the finger at her as I went past....:Pokey:

Good stuff mate....I will happily take Dork of the Week, the replies have been classic...!!!:clap:

Forest
14th November 2008, 12:47
I have a Ducati MH900e which is fitted with a factory suicide stand. Basically if you rock the bike about an inch to the side then the side-stand suddenly springs into the closed position.

Had a few close calls before I got used to it.

breakaway
14th November 2008, 13:07
Nice one max ;) At least this is the kind of mistake you only make once.

Fatt Max
14th November 2008, 13:09
Nice one max ;) At least this is the kind of mistake you only make once.

Here's hoping, eh....::shit:

Gremlin
14th November 2008, 13:14
I think this subject is entirely off topic

summary:
A cute girl wasn't allowed to get a bike because of an EX.

Now... what was the name of this coffee place? :confused:

Don't worry Max... I bet you made her day too... and you're not the first, certainly not the last, to make an arse out of yourself because of a cute chick. :niceone:

slofox
14th November 2008, 13:39
....and you're not the first, certainly not the last, to make an arse out of yourself because of a cute chick. :niceone:

Story of my fucking life, that........

Bulldog
14th November 2008, 14:40
You'll be happy to know it's much worse when you take off with your disc lock on still...tends to readjust your brakes somewhat :) Not mentioning anyone....*cough* ==>mammaryman

MentalFacility
14th November 2008, 15:08
haha mate. good one

Usarka
14th November 2008, 15:11
Don't worry about the chick - it was k road she probably has a pen1s.

The Baron
14th November 2008, 15:19
Great story. Good on ya for telling it and taking the shit. I hope your going back Monday for the chic.

mattian
14th November 2008, 15:24
hehe..... I once tried to ride off one day not realising I still had the front disc lock still attached...... "CRUNCH" busted the brake (whole thing had to be replaced) and speedo cable. Luckily, no one could see my tears while I was wearing my helmet. :laugh:

howdamnhard
14th November 2008, 15:42
Ha,ha:lol: thanks for sharing that with us.Did a similiar thing once,rocked up at a party ,saw a whole lot chicks out front checking me out , jumped off the bike got to the front gate and realised I hadn't turned the frigging thing off.:dodge:

Gremlin
14th November 2008, 15:51
Don't worry about the chick - it was k road she probably has a pen1s.
piss off... I don't want a lovely thread like this being kicked to the gutter...

now... where were we? Whats the name of this place? :whistle:

discotex
14th November 2008, 16:10
I'm taking a guess it was Verona.

Whoosh
15th November 2008, 08:26
but threw helmet on nice & fast & realised with sudden pain to top of shaved head Id left my keys in my helmet... same laughter result of course :tugger:

Matt_TG
15th November 2008, 10:13
I think Boob Johnson had a similar thing occur resulting in a drop off his RF900 ... damn that female attention !

Fatt Max
15th November 2008, 17:39
but threw helmet on nice & fast & realised with sudden pain to top of shaved head Id left my keys in my helmet... same laughter result of course :tugger:

Clucking bell, that is funny mate. Did you draw blood?