PDA

View Full Version : who's a good customiser round deeez 'ere parts..?

bugjuice
7th February 2005, 11:10
*Thinking* about doing a few bits to the bike, altho not sure exactly what just yet. I have a few ideas in mind, and was wondering who's a good reputable geeeeeeeza who can do the work..?

I've used that guy in East Tamaki for the headers on my old CBR which was a good job done, and cheap too. At the time, he was doing a custom job on an R1 putting the tail pipes under the seat. That looked good, and it was before Yama actually announced it as a stock feature. Not sure if I'd go for the 'under-seat' deal, but how many options are there? Had thought about the new 'GP' style bikes, where they seem to have cut the pipes off where it just comes out from the faring. That'd bugger up a lot of details in the engine management, which can be sorted, but at extra cost, so wasn't overly keen on that either. So ok, not sure on the whole 'pipes' thing at the moment..

So who else is good for carbon fibre stuff and fibreglass stuff? May be some custom faring work or something.. not sure yet.. And what about things like fabricating swing arms etc..? Thought about wheels too, but there's a gazillion overseas companies who make tons of wheels, so might just do that. Was hoping to do most of the stuff 'locally' tho, to keep the costs down..

I'm not going to be doing all of this over night either, not won the lotto or anything (yet), just over x amount of months/years (?? more probably).. just a thought really..

Also, what's people's view's on 'pimpin my ride'..? Good thing, appreciate the bike and fine workmanship, or a load of crap, just get on it and ride it..?
Also, one last thing - not to copy boy racers, but neons..?? Good or bad thing? I've seen Repco doing some 'Neon String' which you can bend it to what shape you want. I have toyed with the idea, but no commitments yet..

sAsLEX
7th February 2005, 16:31
Was hoping to do most of the stuff 'locally' tho, to keep the costs down..

, but neons..?? Good or bad thing?

umm try ebay most stuff is cheaper though there than locally, ask TS

oh and ask Dangerous how wicked NEONs are :wari:

limmy
7th February 2005, 22:16
i love the neon stuff but i haven't seen any good examples yet. And carbon fibre?! oh mate....i'm getting excited just thinking about carbon fibre.

limmy
7th February 2005, 22:32
It not a very good photo but at the time i only had a very basic camera. Most of this little baby is made out of carbon fibre.

gav
8th February 2005, 19:28
Man, that looks pretty cool, is it local? Any more details?